PDA

View Full Version : Learning the Ropes

LePacteDesLoups
June 14th, 2010, 18:16
Hey all, I was wondering if anyone out there could help/give advise on how to deal with these issues:

1. When adding a feat or a racial ability via module token, is there a way to have that feat's ability score adjustment autoconfigure into the character sheet? For example, if you take Improved Initiative, can I have the "+4" to Initiative automatically add to the score. Also, it appears that dragging the token over doesn't "fill in the blank" with the name. Is that correct or do I have something set up incorrectly?

2. If a Player created a character in my campaign, and I am not online, are they locked out of maintenance on that character? It appears that they can view it, but not change anything. Is that as intended?

Thanks for any help you can give!

EugeneZ
June 15th, 2010, 00:22
1. When adding a feat or a racial ability via module token, is there a way to have that feat's ability score adjustment autoconfigure into the character sheet? For example, if you take Improved Initiative, can I have the "+4" to Initiative automatically add to the score. Also, it appears that dragging the token over doesn't "fill in the blank" with the name. Is that correct or do I have something set up incorrectly?

I'm not sure sure if I'm understanding your question correctly. If you're asking for FG to automatically figure out to add +4 to the init when you drop the Improved Init feat, then no, sorry. If you're asking "I have the improved init feat, is there any way for FG to automatically add +4 to my init when I roll it?" then yes, just add 4 in the misc box undex Init on the Combat tab of your character sheet.

2. If a Player created a character in my campaign, and I am not online, are they locked out of maintenance on that character? It appears that they can view it, but not change anything. Is that as intended?

They can't even view it unless they created it locally, but even if they created it locally, they are viewing the old character they created, without any modification they may have made on your server. My understanding could be flawed, but I think that once a character is used in a campaign, it is no longer "synced" back to the client for local editing. So to the best of my knowledge your guess is correct, they can only edit the character when you are online.

LePacteDesLoups
June 16th, 2010, 21:00
Sorry that I was unclear. Yeah, I was hoping that FG2 would auto-fill the bonus and maybe even the name when I dropped in the token for Improved Initiative. I already have it set up as a Misc entry as you suggested.

Thanks for all of the clarifications though!