PDA

View Full Version : Question about Hotkeys

Saravyn
June 13th, 2010, 22:04
Hi again!

Just doing some testing with the application, and I ran into a bump. Is it possible to link multiple Power rolls in one hotkey? The user guide has limited information on hotkeys and wasn't much help :-/

To clarify, I was trying to put an attack roll and a damage roll into the same hotkey. If the attack roll comes up as a hit, the damage roll is done/applied. If the attack misses, the damage die is not rolled/applied.

Thanks once again!

Xorn
June 14th, 2010, 21:59
Currently, you'll need two hotkeys. Interestingly enough, I've since stopped hotkeying my attacks/damage and just use my Mini sheet on the powers tab for all my attack/damage/effects. I tend to keep common modifiers, effects, and skills on my hotkeys. :) (One of my hotkey bars is just different /moods.)

If I'm not being blatant enough, I really like the Mini sheet. :P

Function
June 14th, 2010, 23:55
Ditto.

I was frustrated that the hotkeys didn't update when I leveled up my character so I started using the mini-sheet and never looked back.

/function

Saravyn
June 14th, 2010, 23:56
I kind of thought so, thank you for the clarification though :D

bradbdavis
August 13th, 2010, 22:16
Why don't the hotkeys reflect changes to the character sheet? That's very frustrating.

Is it a bug or on the wishlist?

Moon Wizard
August 13th, 2010, 22:36
It's on the wish list.

Essentially, the hot keys were originally built to take a dice plus modifier expression, and provide a way to quickly make the same roll again. However, all of that is static information at the time the roll was saved to the hot key.

To do the improved hot key which updates from the character sheet, the ruleset needs to completely rebuild the hot key functionality so that roll "links" are supported both for players and NPCs. Each roll type would need to be implemented separately, and then all of the extra trappings need to be added as well (targeting, effects, ...).

If it was a smaller effort, it would already be done. ;) However, it's a fairly big chunk of coding. If anyone wants to work it up and share it with me, I'd love the help.

Cheers,
JPG