PDA

View Full Version : Hex Grid Layer

Uthred
June 12th, 2010, 05:54
It seems that the hex grid layer is only available when using the Foundation ruleset. Is there an extension or anything in the works to make it available for all rulesets? Also, the hex grid works as a toggle for all grids for the session. Is there a way to have an option when setting the grid layer on each image to be either hex or square?

Sorry if this has been covered already, but I did some searches on the forums and came up empty.

Spyke
June 12th, 2010, 09:40
The hex grid has to be enabled within each ruleset. If you wrote an extension to enable it you run the risk of replacing image or preference functionality customised for the ruleset you're using, although it may be useful in some cases.

I've enabled the hex grid in the GURPS ruleset and it's not a toggle the way you describe. When you set the option to hex all new grids are laid out as hexes, but existing grids retain their previous type. So by toggling between hex and square as required you can set up your images some with hex and some with square.

Spyke

Uthred
June 12th, 2010, 20:36
Thanks Spyke. I tried to enable it using an extension in the Savage Worlds ruleset; maybe I did it wrong, but when I finally got it to load without script errors, the Preferences sheet was blank. This sounds like what you were talking about - not only did I not get the preferences I wanted, but the existing ones were wiped out. I may try to play around with it a bit more. If anyone else has gotten it to work with SW I would be interested to hear about it. I just wonder why it was not added to the core product so it would work across the board, but I'm sure there was a good reason.

tdewitt274
June 12th, 2010, 21:10
Try the Image Tools (https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/Image_Tools) extention from the FG Wiki.

I believe this is what you are looking for.