PDA

View Full Version : Parsing Help

Saravyn
June 10th, 2010, 04:07
Hi,

I just tried parsing the data for the PHB into FG and it won't show up.

I have the module in the modules folder. It is titled PlayerHandbook1. When I boot up the program though, nothing shows up in the library.

I followed the steps listed in https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/Creating_Modules

Thanks in advance.

Zeus
June 10th, 2010, 11:13
Hi Saravyn,

Welcome to community. :)

I wrote that particular guide you referenced so I feel obliged to help you out. Before I can do so though I need to understand a few things, can you confirm:

- The version of the 4E ruleset your using.
- The version of the 4E parser your using.
- The version of FGII your using.
- Whether you followed the guide to also scrape the PHB material or whether you manually constructed the parser PHB source files.
- The size of the resulting module file and whether when you open it with WinZIP (or an alternative like WinRAR) it contains a definition.xml and a client.xml file.

In addition if you could attach the parser config file you would have saved after step 12 of the parsing section of the guide that will also help diagnose the problem.

Saravyn
June 10th, 2010, 19:43
I'm not sure what I did, but everything is showing up under modules now. I am able to successfully add stuff to the library.

Thank you though for your response :D

Zeus
June 10th, 2010, 21:42
No worries, glad you got it sorted.

Stitched
July 9th, 2010, 10:02
I noticed that, while I can add Modules/Libraries to the GM side of things, the local characters can't see any of the Modules/Libraries in my C:\Documents and Settings\<name>\Application Data\Fantasy Grounds II\modules folder.

What is the trick to add them or can you?

* Sorted - needed to set the database file from "common.xml" to "client.xml".

Zeus
July 9th, 2010, 10:34
When you say local characters, can you explain how your players are connecting to the hosted game? Are you for example hosting a game on one PC and then using a second PC (on the same local network)?

Either way players can only use modules based upon their type and whether the GM has allowed players to access them through the module activation window (drag the tick icon at the bottom of the activation window to the modules you want players to be able to access).

Modules come in three types:

client.xml - GM/Player accessible - Each player must have a copy of the module in their respective app data/modules folder and the module must also be marked as accessible by the GM in the Module Activation window.
common.xml - GM/Player accessible - Each player receives a copy of the module when the connect to hosted game. Again the module must be marked as accessible by the GM in the Module Activation window.
db.xml - GM accessible only.

The type of module determines if players can access them and how they are referenced.

I would check the module types, distribute client.xml type modules to players for local installation and check the activation window to ensure you have enabled access.

EDIT: Oops - Just noticed you resolved the problem.

Stitched
July 9th, 2010, 10:37
Thanks for being on point, DrZeuss! :)

I couldn't for the life of me figure it out and I have other players that didn't know how to fix this either.

All is good now.