PDA

View Full Version : Max Damage

zapoqx
June 8th, 2010, 23:36
I know there was a wiki that explained all the hotkeys and I looked over some of them (and found almost the rest here).
My Question:
Is it possible to roll MAX Damage on something without the crit dice and MAX damage with the Crit dice without having to make something Brutal 5 or whatever?
Reason is mostly for an upcoming game and I came across a power that causes that to happen for his attacks should he hit and I figured its somewhat important to know instead of having to manually enter /die d0+<max damage value>

EugeneZ
June 9th, 2010, 00:24
If you mean rolling a crit, just hold Shift while you pick up or double click the dice. It'll max your damage dice and roll any crit dice registered with the weapon.

If, on the other hand, you want to just max the dice without critting them, or max all dice, including crit dice, you'll need to create another weapon. Just copy the weapon you want to use to a new slot. But instead of placing damage dice or crit dice, leave those slots blank. Instead, calculate the total of the dice maxed out and add it to the damage mod. Then, when the player wishes to use that property, simply switch the Default Weapon/Implement slot on the character sheet (or on the individual power) then switch it back when done rolling.

zapoqx
June 9th, 2010, 03:58
aw. I was hoping for some hotkey for the simplicity of it. Thanks though.

EugeneZ
June 10th, 2010, 00:59
A hotkey doesn't make much sense (IMO) because there aren't many of them and maxing the dice in the manner you suggest is not common enough to warrant it.

zapoqx
June 19th, 2010, 06:32
ya I know, but considering that I also learned a few extra type of hotkeys I didn't know about, I was hoping that there was one hotkey still in there.

Xorn
June 28th, 2010, 14:30
You can still use the MAX feature (Shift w/ Damage Roll) but you do need to create a new weapon that just doesn't have any crit damage specified or has the crit dice included in the regular damage if you want them maxxed too.

However, I agree that it would be simpler to just make a "/die 0+(max) damage" hotkey and use that. If it's just for one power that should probably be sufficient, anyway.