PDA

View Full Version : DM's Dice rolls

Glupii
June 8th, 2010, 19:19
I appologize if this has already been covered but I am new to this software and am trying to decide if it si right for our gaming group or not.

I saw in the demo video that any dice rolls not made in the public chat section do not show. As a DM there are times I like to fudge rolls if the story calls for it. Are there any options for doing that? If I want to roll the dice "behind the screen" and still let thet the players see the results I want them to rather than strictly what the dice dictate, does the program provide that kind of functionality?

Valarian
June 8th, 2010, 19:28
The GM's die rolls are hidden by default. They're all behind the screen. The players see the dice being rolled, but not the result.

To show GM rolls, you can type: /die reveal

Glupii
June 8th, 2010, 19:33
Outstanding. That was what I was looking for. This is an incredible opportunity. I was in the ARMY and in the 20 years since, my gaming buddies have all moved to other corners of the country. And the chance to game with them again like this is enough to make this old gamer giddy.

Xorn
June 8th, 2010, 19:47
There is also a "dice tower" which you can have players roll their ability checks in, so that only the GM sees the roll. This avoids the "I think I just failed a Spot check..." meta-game.

Uthred
June 12th, 2010, 03:53
The 'dice tower' sounds awesome - is it available in any ruleset?

Also, I have used the '/die reveal' command before, but was wondering if there was another command to switch back to not revealing? There are times when I want to switch back and forth.

Valarian
June 12th, 2010, 07:56
It's something like /die noreveal or /die hide