PDA

View Full Version : Best way to handle a face to face game

BrokenWind
June 7th, 2010, 21:17
What would be the best way to handle a face to face game if i wanted to run the FG2 on my laptop and show the players a screen with all the map and info they needed on a second screen off my laptop? Would I need a full and client version of the program (I would assume that I would need both). Would I need to log into the full version with the client version through the internet even if I were to run both on the same pc? Thanks for any light that could be shed on this for me.

Oberoten
June 7th, 2010, 21:33
You can use a single Full version and use it to log in to itself on localhost / 127.0.0.1 no hassle with firewalls that way.

- Obe

Xorn
June 7th, 2010, 21:51
I've used that setup to show off FG2 at my local game shop. Hosted on the laptop and used a projector as a second screen for the player window. Just set the game address to "localhost" and you can connect to your own game. Handy way to experience what the players see when you're new to FG2 as well.

Gives you an idea of what THEY see when they look at the combat tracker or you share a map. (That's when I learned that I need to consider the smallest monitor in the group when using max sized map windows LOL).

BrokenWind
June 8th, 2010, 15:19
I tried what was suggested and it worked perfectly. Just exactly what I wanted it to do so no more drawing black lines on that tan map. Thanks a ton guys.