PDA

View Full Version : FG crashes because of icons??

BadElvis
June 7th, 2010, 16:56
Hi,

I am developing a ruleset from scratch and ran into a problem with the radial menu icons:

If I do not load the radial menu icons with
<icon name="..." file="..." /> everything works fine. As expected, there is no radial menu available when right-clicking on the background. I can still close FG by closing the FG window.

However, once I load all the necessary icons via XML, the radial menu pops up. Then, after a few moments, FG crashes. Microsoft informs me, that FG has stopped working. Their problem report states:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: FantasyGrounds.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4b71dfd4
Fault Module Name: FantasyGrounds.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4b71dfd4
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00006118
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1031
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I'm using Windows 7 here. How can I solve/debug this problem? There is no error message in console.log indicating a missing graphics file or scripting error. It appears, as if the name of the radial menu icons is hardcoded into FG. Probably, I am missing a single icon during the load process, making FG segfault. But how can I check which icons are required and whether I am loading them all?

Cheers, Bad Elvis.

Moon Wizard
June 7th, 2010, 23:59
You might have better luck starting with an existing ruleset, and paring down the files, rather than trying to build up from scratch.

The best way to see any errors that are outputted is to check the console.log file in the FG2 Data Directory. If it's not in there, then you have to add/remove XML and files until you determine what is causing the crash.

Cheers,
JPG

BadElvis
June 8th, 2010, 00:52
I have found the source of the problem by trial and error:

I imported all radial menu icons correctly, but forgot to define a frame called "mini_name", that is used to display a menu item's name in the center of the radial menu. This made FG crash once I hovered over a menu item.