PDA

View Full Version : Interest check - Wednesdays GMT-5(-4) - Crossposted

Fersboo
June 7th, 2010, 15:47
Hi everyone. I'm an old school gamer that has recently been trying to get back into roleplaying. I've recently purchased FGII and would like to shake the rust off by running a few loosely connected adventures (ala sandbox type game).

I'm probably more up to speed running a D20 type game and will keep it to the 3.5 and D20Modern rulesets (for now).

I'm not big on the current trend of high fantasy; I prefer a human-centric type game. Or to put it another way, there shouldn't be 4 or 5 different races in a party.

I'm pretty easy going on the rules and will welcome players to make suggestions, however, when we agree to the rules, then we stick with them unless there is an agreement that something isn't right.

I like to roleplay and believe you need to roll dice to resolve conflicts. That doesn't mean that the bard needs to sign or be able to write poetry on the fly, but I do expect that the cowardly thief will not become brave or the miserly knight doesn't all of a sudden become generous.

Here is a list of somethings I've been playing around with, but please post and let me know what you'd would like to play:

A Pendragon-esque setting
A Warhammer Fantasy type setting
A Rome fantasy setting
A Modern shadow/conspiracy/Dark*Matter-esque setting
A Traveller mercenary setting
A Traveller merchant setting
A WWII Hellboy-esque setting
A Samauri setting
A Constantine setting (though I'm not really knowledgeable about Catholicism, so that might be a stretch0

Eventually I'd like to make a Spycraft ruleset and run a traditional Spycraft game and a game modelled off the show Burn Notice.

This would probably start in July and would probably be bi-weekly at start (I go through my annual audit during the summer) and then move to a weekly if a group formed out of this experiment.

Regards,

John

Crossposted in the Tavern board also.

Belizan
June 9th, 2010, 23:02
Not sure what day you are thinking of, but a lot of those games sound pretty interesting/intriguing or even exciting to me 8). Warhammer-esque or a Rome game could be very interesting. Hellboy or Traveller might be fun, and depending on what you had in mind, a Samurai game could be really great--Not a setting one sees run very often at all. I'm also pretty christianity unaware when it comes to Constantine, and I'm entirely unfamiliar with Dark Matter. Some really interesting possibilities Fersboo!

Fersboo
June 10th, 2010, 01:10
Not sure what day you are thinking of, .............!

As the title says, this would be a Wednesday night game. I'd like to branch into other nights, but right now, I telecommute on Thursday, so staying up a little later on Wednesday doesn't hurt too much.

Come fall I'd like to expand to other nights either as a player or a GM.

Dark Matter is a D20Modern setting similiar to X-Files, Millenium and Lost, Area 51, etc... Lots of conspiracy and general spooky-ness.

I was a really big fan of AD&D 2E Oriental Adventures and the Steppe campaign setting (can't remember the name at the moment) and have found a game called Sengoku that seems to capture much of what I liked about OE.

Regards,

Fersboo aka John

Belizan
June 10th, 2010, 02:30
Yeah, sorry, got too excited by interesting settings, forgot the title by the time I replied 8).