PDA

View Full Version : A question for Saga Edition 3.5 ruleset.

pauljmendoza
June 4th, 2010, 20:50
Is there documentation on how to use it.

I wanted to add skills to the list and there is no add item option in radial. Yet I have accidentally added a new skill line several times and can't figure out how I did it. How do I do this intentionally?
(As far as I have seen I added a skill line, or just returned the pre-existing one. Oh hell I don't know)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

ddavison
June 5th, 2010, 03:14
It is not an official ruleset, but the one I worked on a while back allowed you to create new items by right-clicking inside the Skill list and selecting "Create Item". It then made a new empty line at the bottom of the screen you could scroll to and then type whatever you wanted in there. You can then toggle the stat it is based on by clicking the fourth column to cycle through the options.

pauljmendoza
June 5th, 2010, 03:22
Problem is, I am not getting that option. I still am getting the create item options for other areas though. Such as inventory.

ddavison
June 5th, 2010, 03:29
It could be a difference with the version you have. The version I have is not distributed due to potential copyright issues. It was based heavily on the 4E ruleset and I don't know how the latest fan-made versions differ.

Hopefully we will be eventually be able to support a fully licensed version.

pauljmendoza
June 5th, 2010, 03:45
Thanks for your info. I think I'll try to find some different versions, this campaign is using the SE (based in 3.5). For me, even the 4.0 version allows no additions, so maybe it's something on my end.

dm-crazy
June 5th, 2010, 09:17
take a look here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12391&highlight=star+wars+saga)
---------------------------
Enjoy

Shadue
June 8th, 2010, 20:47
Love this ruleset DM.

Question for ya though. Im trying to create some modules with it... and since there is none with the set, I used a 3.5 base module to make my template.

Ive been able to make it show up in the ruleset, however when i open it in the library, the link for the catagory is there however it refuses to pop up the window that is attached to the link.

Btw im making the module directly from the client.xml file.. using an html editor.

Any idea why this is happening?

dm-crazy
June 9th, 2010, 06:26
well the problem is: that ruleset is BASED in 4e ruleset (bcuz the 4e ruleset is amazing) and that modules based in 3.x will not work in this ruleset! :)
---
Enjoy

Shadue
June 9th, 2010, 14:46
where do i get the 4e ruleset?

dm-crazy
June 9th, 2010, 14:50
when you update your FG to 2.6.5 version, thats bring the 4e ruleset for you! :)
Look at program files -> Fantasy Grounds -> 4e.pak
--
Enjoy

Shadue
June 9th, 2010, 15:08
Well... you sealed the deal bro :)

Gonna upgrade from lite to full license... just due to your ruleset haha.

I do have a question for ya if you dont mind, I don't fully understand the differences between Full and Ultimate.

If I have full, can I host a game with my friends and have as many connect to the game as I want?

Shadue
June 9th, 2010, 17:36
ok... so I updated FG2 to 2.6.5, opened up in 4e, exported a client.xml with a story entry, went in and changed the definition to Starwars RPG, and entered in the following text for the client...

<library>
<tempmodule static="true">
<name type="string">Template Module</name>
<categoryname type="string">Star Wars Saga Edition</categoryname>
<entries>
<chapter>
<librarylink type="windowreference">
<class>sw_referencetext</class>
<recordname>..</recordname>
</librarylink>
<name type="string">Chapter 1</name>
</chapter>
</entries>
</tempmodule>
</library>
<reference>
</reference>

When I go into the campaign for Star Wars, the module shows up, and chapter 1 shows up... but when I click on it, still no pop up window.

What am I missing?

dm-crazy
June 9th, 2010, 19:49
Well, Full -> You can host a game BUT with registred users, with lite, fullor ultimates...
Ultimate -> You can host a game with non-regitred users (remind your out money friend) :P

Shadue
June 10th, 2010, 01:03
Ok... figured it out :P

Just need to need leave the description as 4e.... *facepalms*

Ok.. im on the road to module making... thx DM

Shadue
June 10th, 2010, 01:45
I do have one request from you DM. Any chance I could get the "Class" list for the html when creating modules.

ie...

<librarylink type="windowreference">
This here -----> <class>encounter</class>
<recordname>..</recordname>
</librarylink>

dm-crazy
June 10th, 2010, 09:28
i created all my modules with FG, and i used the /export module
Idone with monsters, itens, and history.. :)

Shadue
June 10th, 2010, 22:01
Well... been dabbling with doing it right in FG all day as per your suggestion DM. I do have one question maybe you could help me with.

Basically... im trying to make a Force Module. Ive figured out almost everything... how to create the Force links... and exporting fine. The problem im running into is this. In the library I want just the one Story entry to show that links to all the other story entries. What is happening now is they all show up.

Is there a way to do this?