PDA

View Full Version : New to FG - looking for a quick campaign

Fersboo
June 3rd, 2010, 20:45
Hello all. I recently purchased a full verison of the game with plans to eventually run my own games and make a Spycraft and Pendragon ruleset. I'm not extremely tech-savvy so I'm kind of having issues. I'm reading the forums and watching the tutorials, but I really want to experience a game as a player, so I can pass that knowledge on to new players for my campaigns.

So my request is a one-shot game or a short campaign to play in. I'd be fine running a pre-made character or go thru char-gen. Game mechanics/version really don't matter, I'm like Mikey, I'll play anything.

;)

ronnke
June 4th, 2010, 01:26
My son is a huge fan of Halo (the Xbox game), and he has shown me some of the youtube movies, dvd, etc.

Anyway, I think the setting is rather awesome and at some point I will run a once off adventure using a pre-generated Orbital Drop Shock Trooper (ODST) squad. I will be running it using GURPS 4th Edition and expect it to take 2 maybe 3 actual game sessions (3-4 hrs each session).

I'm not sure what sort of timeframe you are looking at, but I need a couple of weeks to prep as I'm already involved in a few other FG games. So if you can wait then the offer is there.

This clip was my inspiration. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuK2JgRnOiU

Fersboo
June 4th, 2010, 14:50
My son is a huge fan of Halo (the Xbox game), and he has shown me some of the youtube movies, dvd, etc.

Anyway, I think the setting is rather awesome and at some point I will run a once off adventure using a pre-generated Orbital Drop Shock Trooper (ODST) squad. I will be running it using GURPS 4th Edition and expect it to take 2 maybe 3 actual game sessions (3-4 hrs each session).

I'm not sure what sort of timeframe you are looking at, but I need a couple of weeks to prep as I'm already involved in a few other FG games. So if you can wait then the offer is there.

This clip was my inspiration. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuK2JgRnOiU

Sounds cool; days and time? I'm open for most weeknights and weekends except for tonight (Friday) and tomorrow (Saturday) because of my daughter's LAX tourney (I coach). I am EST and probably prefer something that started around 8 pm on weeknights.