PDA

View Full Version : Calendar

nathal
June 3rd, 2010, 05:17
How does the calendar work? Is the GM notified when somebody applies for a game? What's the "protocol" for all of this? I wish there were time slot listings actually given...I'm looking for games must I don't see much posted with actual times.

Fot5
June 3rd, 2010, 19:03
The game calendar is a place where you can see games that are forming or have already formed. If a time is not listed, then the game time has not yet been determined. If you have been accepted as a player into one of those games, and the GM uses that forum to schedule game times, then you will see an invitation (where you can vote Yes or No to attend) for the next scheduled session. I've found that there are a lot of games listed on the calendar as forming that actually are not forming. You can get an idea of this by looking at the date of the most recent GM activity and by looking at how many of the players are "pending" (rather than "accepted").

Personally, I don't find the calendar itself very useful. Most of the games that are active seem to be full. I've had much better luck looking through the Guild House listings. If you list your desired games and availability there, you may get a nibble from a GM looking for a player to fill an empty slot. Similarly, you may be able to find postings from GMs who are either trying to form a game have a slot available. You often have to move quickly on these because open game slots tend to fill quickly.

How does the calendar work? Is the GM notified when somebody applies for a game? What's the "protocol" for all of this? I wish there were time slot listings actually given...I'm looking for games must I don't see much posted with actual times.