PDA

View Full Version : New 3.5 D&D game here, wanna try?

CrimsonChampion
June 2nd, 2010, 00:59
Alright, I've decided to start up a new campaign of 3.5.

Available times for myself:

Sunday-Friday. Sat is a no go for me.

I'm EST time, try to keep it reasonable.
______________________________________________-

FG2, of course.

From past experiences, my fights can get rough if not planned ahead. Meaning things can die, don't take it lightly. Also, a piece of advice is that the strongest character on paper won't always come out on top. The world's not a flat and without holes,cliffs and trap.

Firm and realistic but reasonable. Flexible to an extent... Let me know what style you guys ( girls, if the case may be ) tend to prefer if you send a message.

Experience will be awarded for RP effort You'll be given the option to even have actual connections in the game's world if you desire, at each character creation. ( Including if you die. )

Meanwhile, the opposite will obviously bring some consequences to your character, though I won't take away your experience points.

Character Creation:
No 3.0 books. No tome of battle.

Starting Level: 2, La allowed. ( Further so if you wish to add templates or some such later during the campaign, if you qualify, as a side quest. )

Roll for stat. 1d8+10 (*Edit* Sorry for the confusion. )

Skill-wise:Remember, those jumps and climbs and etc may be useful... So might performing, who knows?

2 Flaws/2 traits.
You can take some of the made up flaws from the danddwiki, or wherever you can find them, if I approve them. I find they can be pretty fun for flavor, so long as you abide by them, otherwise you lose the feat.

Starting Gold: 1000 G

Alignment: Any. ( But I'll hold you to it. If you fail your alignment, you'll be warned and you might end up out of a class if pushed too much. )

Item Creation:

Special gear such as +1,+2,+3... Need to be upgraded by the proper people in the proper town... Don't expect the peasant down of farms-ville to be able to smith you some +3 full plate. Item creation feats might be a bit more useful. The town in question is going to have a big affect on what you can buy and what you cannot, sometimes it might be cheaper in those towns too.

If you spend all your sweet sweet riches on farms-ville, they'll obviously change.

Looking for 4-6 people, as more often then not, people tend to not show up . ( Annoying isn't it? ) Need at least three to run a session.

The setting will take place on the continent of Balen'del, in the village founded by 6 heroes 20 years ago, from the game's starting date. The heroes play little part of anything, just a bit of history. The village is considered LG, for the purpose of law and general alignment, very little crime here and evil characters will probably stick out like a sore thumb. Everyone in the party will start in that village, how or why you wish to be there we can discuss, with your background.

EX:
1. You can be on a religious pilgrimage.

2. You could be there to pay homage two great heroes who died during the time of strife before it.

3. It could just be a detour to wherever your true goals lie.

4. You could be a noble, a peasant, a rogue a (insert here) of the village. Note there are common class trainers, though out of core classes would need to originate from elsewhere.

5. You could be the child of one of the heroes.

If anyone would like to contribute a certain group or region in particular, especially regarding your own characters, I will try to fit it in. This is a world after all, and everything is still there.

And, yes, there are various groups which have different alignments and will take the parties reputation into account, who also give quests and bonus gear or powers as the case may be, with the party, including kingdoms, monsters, demons, celestials, beholders, drow, illithids, dragons, anarchists... just off the top of my head.

I would like to mention that at times, morality wise, I don't hold punches. Curve balls are fun, especially with the right party. I love the gray.

Otherwise post here and send me a pm through the FG site ( If you are though, make sure you tell me. Always forget to check it. )

Voice is preferred but optional ( Voice will be ooc. ). I can run the game either way, I'll leave it up to the majority, like the time.

First come first serve, of course, though there's always someone who never shows up. Good to be on the waiting list, always.

Thanks for the interest.

PS: Rp in battle counts as effort too! Always fun to hear the paladin say some cheesy line before slicing someone in two.

Ratio of battle to rp in my games tend to be about 7-3. But it can change, depending on the players.

*Edit* Game Calender.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=498

cpbs
June 2nd, 2010, 02:40
Sounds like an interesting and fun campaign :). I'll be willing throw my name into the hat. Good times to play for me are basically any day besides Monday, Tuesday or Friday. I could swing Monday at the beginning but later this year I will have night class that will take president. Tuesday and Friday I have games going on those nights as well.

Stealthfox16
June 2nd, 2010, 03:56
Alright, I'm in. I'm good for sundays... And I'll play a barbarian.

CrimsonChampion
June 2nd, 2010, 03:58
Allright, so far.

So far sundays are looking good.

1. Cpbs : Luk : Beguiler
2. Stealthfox: Davkas : Barbarian
3. Stumir: Pending : Knight
4. Pheonix-IV: Briv: Crafter
5. KevinSimmons: Tippitha : Cleric
6. Joachim: Liam : Sorcerer
7. Johan: Pending : Duskblade
8. Syneous: Pending : Pending

We would currently need a melee, if possible.

(Incase someone is unable to further attend our games. )
When you see your name on the board, go ahead and post me your character concept.

Also, don't forget your available times.

Game Alias: ugly gate dead zone

cpbs
June 2nd, 2010, 05:18
Sunday is fine with me, anytime in the evening. I'll post a character concept sometime in the next day, as well my sn name is cpbs not cbps ;).

CrimsonChampion
June 3rd, 2010, 01:11
Game is open if you want to make your character. Game alias is in my last post.

Artaron
June 3rd, 2010, 21:32
Hi ! I'd be interested depending on the day/time. I'm at GMT+1 and available most days bar sundays and thursdays. PM me with details if your campaign times would suit this.

Xcenocide
June 3rd, 2010, 22:10
My chances are probably pretty slim, but I'll throw this here anyway. If you lot end up playing between the timeframe of 8AM - 6PM (EST time), I'd like to tag along, assuming there's any room. I probably could play later into the night at the moment due to the fact that it's summer, but I'm assuming this game would keep going once summer is over and my free time is limited again.

KevenSimmons
June 3rd, 2010, 23:28
If you have settled on a sunday evening (eastern time) game slot, then i am certainly interested. Can you confirm game time before I go to the effort of character creation?

cpbs
June 4th, 2010, 00:14
I believe game time will be around 4-5:00pm Eastern.

CrimsonChampion
June 4th, 2010, 01:27
Time and date so far decided on the game.

Sunday

Start Time

GMT - -1:00: 8-9 Pm
GMT - -2:00: 7-8 Pm
GMT - -3:00: 6-7 Pm
GMT - -4:00: 5-6 Pm
GMT - -5:00: 4-5 Pm
GMT - -6:00: 3-4 Pm
GMT - -7:00: 2-3 Pm

Should clear things up a bit. Just compare the times to see if you're able.

Game should run for about 3-6 hours. Depending on the players, really, I don't mind so much the times. Don't really mind giving team/private times as well during the week if someones up to it. Always good to get a few bonus exp and special ability/character change.

Later on I might decide to run a second game during the week, but that's the times as they are now.

CrimsonChampion
June 4th, 2010, 06:00
Sorry Xeno, maybe someday, but not likely for a while. Might run another game at different hours during the week for all those on the other side of the world.

Xcenocide
June 4th, 2010, 07:49
Aw, well. I promise my monk wont punch your psion in the saturday game for this. ...not a lot anyway.

Pheonix-IV
June 4th, 2010, 14:05
If you've still got room, that time slot works out well enough for me, so i'd be interested in joining you.

CrimsonChampion
June 4th, 2010, 18:25
Add me on skype, Pheonix. If someone ends up not being able to make the game afterall, I'll let you know. You know how these things are.

KevenSimmons
June 5th, 2010, 22:47
Are the "Complete" books available to use as resources? Specifically I am thinking of some of the spells in the Complete Divine manual.

CrimsonChampion
June 6th, 2010, 18:04
Yes, they're available.

Game is up for those who want to modify their character's early.

CrimsonChampion
June 7th, 2010, 09:27
The party is now at 3040. If you left before the end of the battle, work on your lv 3 character!

The enemy forces were repelled, the leader cleaved in half by the enlarged barbarian. The city saved, for the moment and thus the quest for the flame of hope began.

By the end of the night, Cyran had summoned a fallen god to the material plane, Brev got a new cape of awesome doom, Duvkas got a "Sparkling Hero Greatsword of Greatness" and Deg got a unidentified +1 Platemail as well as quite a bit of gold ( Which I added to the both of you who left before the end. )

*Edit* Feedback would be appreciated too.

Pheonix-IV
June 7th, 2010, 09:38
Oh hey, i forgot to ident the platemail too? Owell, do that next time i have some monies.

santana21488
June 9th, 2010, 02:35
if there is still room im down i'd like to be a Paladin or a dragoon if available im in est. time zone and sundays are good for me let me know anything i need to do thanks

csb84
June 13th, 2010, 14:32
I'm also interested in joining if you still have an opening.

CrimsonChampion
June 17th, 2010, 16:13
We've got an opening or two if someone is interested.

CrimsonChampion
June 20th, 2010, 07:41
Current starting gold: 7k
Current Lv: 4

We're currently full. Expecting one player over what was planned.

Might open a saturday game, if not me, a friend of mine will.

CrimsonChampion
June 20th, 2010, 15:23
This week's game will be planned for monday if possible instead of today, due to the lack of two people. Hopefully they'll be able to join us then.

I know of four that can make it already. Let me know if you can't beforehand, please.

*Edit* Apparently one of the two can make it today... we'll see if we can make it for today as well. So, sunday first, if not, monday.

Johan
June 23rd, 2010, 11:57
You still got a space open Crimson?

Are you using LA buyoff rules?

What classes do we currently have?

Has Pun-pun already ascended in your game world? j/k :D

CrimsonChampion
June 23rd, 2010, 20:05
Oh, hey Johan.

Yes, pun-pun has replaced Ao.

No, La's perm.

Classes so far: Beguiler, Barbarian, Knight, Sorcerer, Artificer and good cleric.

So far there's roughly 4 people who make it per game, or who can stay long enough to play. I'm expecting another one too, so we'll be a big enough party on the rare day everyone shows up. But you're welcome as the last one.

So far: Start level is 6, 10k gold.

If you're not interested, you can join the Saturday group I'm forming. Just look in the community.

Add me to skype Johan, Brahmsdarkstone

Johan
June 24th, 2010, 02:47
I think I'll do a duskblade or some type of similar class.

Syneous
June 27th, 2010, 16:41
Would love to join you guys for a Sunday or Monday group,i havent played with the FG in a campaign yet but ive been playing 3.5 for years.

CrimsonChampion
June 27th, 2010, 17:20
We would need one more person, due to some people not being available at times. Contact me on skype is possible. Again, like on first page

Johan
July 2nd, 2010, 15:58
I'm thinking about coming back next Sunday as a Binder.

Johan
July 4th, 2010, 06:45
I've decided to be a White Dragonspawn Loredrake Kobold Sorcerer.

Can I use the Greater Draconic Right of Passage described here:

https://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060420a