PDA

View Full Version : DM also playing as PC

bigsol81
June 1st, 2010, 19:13
Is it possible for the DM to also play the game as a player?

That is, have a PC token and icon in the upper left as if they are a player as well as the GM? Or do I have to run two FG clients for that?

Griogre
June 1st, 2010, 20:08
You can start a second instance of FG and do it that way but it is probably easier to just have one of your players open the character for you in addition to his own. The only down side is that player can see and alter you character which may or may not be important to you.

Doswelk
June 2nd, 2010, 04:15
You can start a second instance of FG and do it that way...

I found that being both a GM and a player can be very fiddly with FGII

I was using a separate PC (with a separate license).

So possible but not nice.

djzombie
June 5th, 2010, 08:19
Is it possible to play as DM and a PC running two different sessions of FGII on the same computer using the same license?

The tutorial video seemed to show the user doing this.

Pheonix-IV
June 5th, 2010, 10:22
I can start up a second instance of FGII and join a game i hosted with the first instance of FGII with the same liscence, so yes.

dm-crazy
June 5th, 2010, 11:44
yes you can RUN 2 times, or more, your fantasy grounds, to run the same game session you need: go to JOIN GAME, put your nick name in name and localhost in ip adress.
Enjoy! ;)

mr_h
June 5th, 2010, 15:39
I do this all the time when I'm testing stuff out. If you have dual monitors it works even better since you don't get confused when swapping windows (a second computer/laptop works as well too).
Just get in the habit of clicking in the chat box before you type, I can't count the number of times the wring person spoke:)

Pheonix-IV
June 5th, 2010, 15:51
Oh, and make sure you change your name; it won't let your second instance join if it's trying to join with the same name as your first instance.