PDA

View Full Version : First topic & first question

Zellolo
June 1st, 2010, 10:36
Hi guys,

first, nice to meet you all!

i'm not really sure to buy this program, because my players don't like very much to play D&D in english (we are an italian party) and i have a question about the language: the progam is only in english or they are some "language pack"?

Thank you :)

Moon Wizard
June 1st, 2010, 18:37
Fantasy Grounds is designed to be a tabletop for playing any role-playing game. In its most basic form, you can use it to chat, roll dice and track game information just like you would on paper.

Smiteworks, game publishers and the community have all created specialized game definition packs which add additional features for specific game systems. Almost all of the game definition packs currently published are written for the english language by the publishers.

If you wanted to spend some time, you could edit any game definition pack to use a different language than the current one. In some game definitions, you might lose some of the features, since they may be tied to english. (such as power parsing in the 4E ruleset)

Cheers,
JPG

PublicJohnDoe
June 1st, 2010, 18:53
Zellolo, my advice is to grab FG2 (which really rocks!), and use it along a voice chat program like Skype or Ventrilo.

This way you can chat in Italian with your buddies, while using FG2 in English. After all, 99% of the English terms used in D&D are pretty much universally understandable (come on, "Fortitude" is much better than "Tempra", and "Impulsi Curativi" for "Healing Surges" is just plain awful).

For the powers, all it takes is a bit of fluency in English... and it's also good as practice of a foreign language ;)

Zellolo
June 7th, 2010, 22:20
Thanks for the replys.

I dont have any problem with the language, but maybe my players yes, they don't have never played with another language.

But I think that we are ready to buy the DM license + 4 pg and start play. By the way, the big deal are the spells, but I can translate it ;)