PDA

View Full Version : Shadowrun 4e Version2

Fenloh
May 30th, 2010, 10:34
Hi @ all,

in the meantime lots of things have happend to the new Shadowrun Ruleset. It is still under development and it developed a lot slower then expected. At the moment there are 3 Persons working on the Rulest. For one there is Verokh, he helps with adding some features and with the general Layout (making it "nice"). Then there is exothermal who is taking care of the new Graphics and there is me, working all the other things.

The 4e Rulese of DnD is so specific, that we would have better startet a complete new Ruleset. Most of the things being used there did not find their way to the SR4 Ruleset, but lots of Ideas were given by the great Ruleset.

Yesterday the first "alpha" test of the Charsheet, which is almost finished, was quite successful, though most of the testert called it "loaded". All of them said that we will need a Documentation to it.

The Charsheet will be done in about 2 Weeks, including testing. The CombatTracker will take some time and the additional Sheets for Vehicls, drones and so on will also use up some more time. Also the NPC Sheets have to be implemented, but most likely the PC Sheets will become NPC sheets in order to be able to copy them. The GM would be able to create vehicles and so on as NPCs and they could be copied to a PC if necessary... but that is a feature still in the stars.

The Click on sheets will be zipped for now since it is lots of work, as is a charminisheet for now.

If anyone of you likes to contribute to the futher development Ruleset, tell me, i will gladly give you some "work" to do.

Fenloh

dm-crazy
May 30th, 2010, 11:41
Thats is great! :)

bob_ross
June 12th, 2010, 22:44
I just picked up Fantasy Grounds and I'm planning on using to run Shadowrun. I also have programming experience. So I guess I'm happy to help out how I can.

Fenloh
June 13th, 2010, 06:02
Hi Bob,

great to hear that you like to helb. Maybe we can meet on Teamspeak? I am living in Germany and my timeframe is GMT +1

Fenloh

KemeticCultus
September 9th, 2010, 14:29
I would like to contribute to this in any way I can. I haven't purchased FG yet, but I'm a huge fan of the Shadowrun universe and was a game master for many years.

Fenloh
September 9th, 2010, 15:08
Well at the moment we are a bit stuck. The one who wanted to take care of the NPC Sheets is so dug up in loads of work at the moment, that he has no time. Both other devs are stuck with a lot to learn due to exams and i broke my leg a couple of weeks ago and still have to work off lots of things. So anyone who wants and can contribute is dearly welcome.

Just send me a message of what you want to do and can do.

Fenloh

KemeticCultus
September 9th, 2010, 15:20
Private message has been sent your way. I just picked up the full license.

I've got all the time in the world so I can offer plenty of help so long as it doesn't require learning a new programming language.

Fenloh
September 12th, 2010, 08:28
Here is a Screenie of the new Ruleset.

btw, i can still use help with the programming of the Ruleset.

Fenloh

Blue Haven
September 12th, 2010, 14:54
Wow Just amazing!!! great job!! :)

Stitched
September 12th, 2010, 15:12
Not a contribution offer but a question - Coloured dice? Are you doing a check to change the colour/what image a dice uses?

Fenloh
September 12th, 2010, 15:52
Well we are using a script that we called "trooping the Color". After the Roll we lookup the table and create a new one with different Dice images.

Fenloh

Stitched
September 12th, 2010, 17:50
Do you know if it's possible to script the "graphics.xml" file? Right now, that's the only thing that accesses the "d6_icon.png" image.

Fenloh
September 13th, 2010, 05:32
You may want to ask Questions like this in a different Thread.

I do not understand what you are trying to tell or ask me anyway. The graphics.xml is only translating filenames into names used in the programing. Why would you want to script there? What are you trying to do.

Fenloh

drahkar
September 13th, 2010, 13:39
You may want to ask Questions like this in a different Thread.

I do not understand what you are trying to tell or ask me anyway. The graphics.xml is only translating filenames into names used in the programing. Why would you want to script there? What are you trying to do.

Fenloh

Agreed. It wouldn't matter where you posted this question. There is not enough information on what you are trying to do to offer a solid answer.

Perhaps detail your goal a little more?

Stitched
September 13th, 2010, 14:56
All I wanted to know was where you can change the code to get coloured dice to show up in the chat window, like the image posted earlier.

I found a thread that covers all this and tried it out, with mixed results : some rolls got the coloured dice, others were all black.

I will post in that thread but since people are talking about this being the best Shadowrun ruleset, I thought the creator would be able to shed light on how to handle coloured D6's (which is what I am trying to implement for the Dragon Age dragon dice)

Agreed. It wouldn't matter where you posted this question. There is not enough information on what you are trying to do to offer a solid answer.

Perhaps detail your goal a little more?

drahkar
September 16th, 2010, 10:38
As a note to everyone. I went ahead and repackaged the existing Shadowrun 4E into a PAK file and wrapped an installer around it for extremely simple installation. Just download the ZIP from the Wiki and run the installer.

https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/File:Shadowrun4E.zip

Fenloh
September 16th, 2010, 13:17
Thanks a lot drakhar, that makes it easier to install, i think.

Unfortunatly thats the 1st Version of the SR4 Ruleset though and it does not have the colored Dice feature.

Fenloh

drahkar
September 16th, 2010, 13:25
If you have an updated one with all the stuff prior to working on your major revamp, let me know and toss it over. I'll update the installer. :)

Fenloh
September 29th, 2010, 19:57
Hi,

at the moment it is not possible for me to continue with the Rulesetprograming for SR4. The Charsheet is mostly done, thanks to bob_ross part of the npc sheet is done. The Combat Tracker needs a lot of work and several other things need to be done.

If anyone is interessted in continuing the project at the moment, pls send me a pm.

I will be able to help, but i will not be able to continue until the beginning of the new year.

Fenloh