PDA

View Full Version : Westerns? [Savage Worlds]

malachi666
May 30th, 2010, 02:18
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to see if there would be any interest in a Savage Worlds Western. I am not thinking especially of Deadlands of anything, but rather a a one-shot that takes place in the Wild West.

What do you think?

If we could do a one shot for now it could develop into a campaign.

BTW, I am not thinking of a single session, but rather a single adventure.

Plissken
May 30th, 2010, 05:35
hell yes. just a western adventure sounds cool. love westerns.

malachi666
May 30th, 2010, 15:16
OK,

If we can get one or two more then lets do it. I will even do it with one player really...

So you are PST? I am EST maybe we can pick a time that works.

Also, would you be against using Skype? I find it really helps with roleplaying.. I find that purely text based can be slow.

malachi666
May 30th, 2010, 15:26
Plissken would you be adverse to Deadlands? I am just sort of getting into it now...

Azrael1415
May 30th, 2010, 20:32
I'd personally be very interested in trying to play Deadlands. I have some ideas on how we could handle some of the plot setting-specific elements of DL:R...

Mask_of_winter
May 30th, 2010, 23:14
I'd personally be very interested in trying to play Deadlands. I have some ideas on how we could handle some of the plot setting-specific elements of DL:R...

Are you referring to Fate Chips? Because other than that, I'm pretty sure the SW ruleset can handle the rest just fine.

malachi666
May 31st, 2010, 00:01
Are you referring to Fate Chips? Because other than that, I'm pretty sure the SW ruleset can handle the rest just fine.

How would you handle the duel system?

Mask_of_winter
May 31st, 2010, 01:21
It is possible to deal cards to players and share the image.

malachi666
May 31st, 2010, 01:35
This would have to bear investigating.... Alrighty it looks as though this is some interest in Deadlands... now, I am EST and would be looking to play sometime in midweek. Also I would like to use Skype.

Plissken
May 31st, 2010, 03:27
Deadlands sounds cool too. Mondays, Tuesday, Fridays, Saturdays work best for me.

Azrael1415
May 31st, 2010, 03:34
I am CST. Saturday and Sunday evenings work best for me, but I can be flexible.

Question though, as I have yet to buy the Savage Worlds ruleset, do I have to have it as a player, or just a GM? I'll probably end up getting it, and I can get it soon if needed, but if I can still play w/o it, I would.

I do own FGII though...

malachi666
May 31st, 2010, 03:37
I don't think you do, I have it for sure.

Azrael1415
May 31st, 2010, 03:43
I'm gonna go ahead and get it tonight anyway, I wanna play with the ruleset and get used to it. :)

And I have no problem with Skype...if you'd like, to save bandwidth, since I have a monster connection (25 MB down/2MB up) I can host the Skype and you can host the FGII. Might help a bit, who knows.

malachi666
May 31st, 2010, 03:46
that would be great actually. Once i get the campaign together we can work out the logistics.

Incidentally, I might tone the craziness of Deadlands down just a bit...

Azrael1415
May 31st, 2010, 03:59
I have no problem with that, I definately think it might be a setting where the "Weird" might benefit from being seldom and surprising.

I do like the alternate history of it though, being from Texas, I giggle at the notion of the Confederacy making it past the Civil War, but I love the idea of the real mission of the Texas Rangers.

The character I would like to play (with your permission, of course), is a Texas Ranger hopeful, who comes from a strong faith background. His Blessed arcane background would be of less focus behind his Gunfighting and Investigation, but it would be something he would use in time of desparation.

But I'm willing just to make his faith part of his background and not an arcane trait if you think it would harm your campaign.

Azrael1415
May 31st, 2010, 04:03
Also, if we're using Skype, we could just use the webcam functionality to validate the card/chip draws...once the chips are drawn we could just notate them on our character sheets somewhere.

malachi666
May 31st, 2010, 04:34
the card system is built into the rule set. I don't think we need webcams at all. as far as chips, I will think on that one.

Azrael1415
May 31st, 2010, 05:07
As far as Grit goes, we could just list that in the Race field of our character sheets, we're all human (hopefully.)

Mask_of_winter
May 31st, 2010, 13:44
Grit can be entered in the "Settings" field of the sheet, that's what it's for.

And the Weirdness of Deadlands is what makes it fun. To me, Deadlands is the movie Wild Wild West with Will Smith meets the Evil Dead and Call of Cthulhu.

And no Azrael, as a player you dont need to buy the Savage Worlds ruleset to play but you need it if you want to host.

Someone in the community is working on a Deadlands extension for Savage Worlds, last I check it was still in progress. I dont know when it will be ready though.

In the meantime, I know in the game I will run I'll replace the Fate chips with the usual bennies.

If I can join Malachi's campaign I will.

Right now I have 4 confirmed players interested in a Sunday evening game.

malachi666
June 3rd, 2010, 14:36
I know this much so far. I am going to tone done the weird science by a few notches.... I don't like the idea of steam tanks and giant metal airships and what not.

malachi666
June 3rd, 2010, 14:37
Mask, you would be more than welcome. I will have more details up this weekend.... Stay tuned and Stay Savage!!!

Mask_of_winter
June 3rd, 2010, 23:49
Anybody else interested in joining my Deadlands: Reloaded game? PM me if you're interested. We've got 4 players so far.

malachi666
June 4th, 2010, 00:37
man Mask, are you poaching on my thread????

LOL

Mask_of_winter
June 4th, 2010, 00:57
Talk to my agent!

LOL

When is yours again? Mid week?

malachi666
June 4th, 2010, 01:44
Yeah I am thinking maybe Tuesday's or Wednesday's