PDA

View Full Version : Dice combos not possible

nathal
May 28th, 2010, 18:02
I use a game system that calls for rolling several different types of dice at once. For example, 1d4 + 1d8 + 1d10. Yes, I can roll one at a time, but it would be nice if the program allowed all three to be rolled at one toss, adding up the result with modifiers.

Am I just missing something? Maptool can do this.

Griogre
May 28th, 2010, 18:11
No, you aren't missing anything. FG made a conscious design decision to only put one roll on a line and avoid dice macros as part of their simulation of the table top environment.

joeru
May 28th, 2010, 18:19
I have no problems typing, eg. /die d10+d20+d100+30 into the chat line and having FG roll the appropriate dice and include the modifier. No problems with dragging that into the hotbar and launching the dice from there either.

Griogre
May 28th, 2010, 18:29
As joeru pointed out you *can* type a chat window dice code - which was probably what you really wanted to know on reflection.

I was talking about you being unable to pick up more than one type of dice with the mouse. Sorry for any confusion.

Valarian
May 28th, 2010, 18:33
Another way to do it is to use dice fields on the character sheet. You drag and drop the different dice to a box on the sheet and roll the combo from there. You can do that with macro boxes at the bottom, I think.

The easiest way is just to type the combo in a /die command

nathal
May 29th, 2010, 01:21
Thank you for the replies. I see now I can roll all sorts of combinations with the /die command. I also noted I can mouse over the result, then drag and drop the auto-calculated results.

This will work!

Griogre
May 29th, 2010, 03:16
If you throw the same type of dice regularly for an attack you can hot key the throw. You do this by typing in the die code (ie /die 1d4+1d6+1d10) and then instead of pressing the enter key drag and dropping the dice code on a hot key. Then you can just press the hot key or click it to roll the dice.

If you want to annotate the roll just add text after the dice codes, IE /die 1d4+1d6+1d10 Freds Attack

Phystus
May 29th, 2010, 13:15
If you throw the same type of dice regularly for an attack you can hot key the throw. You do this by typing in the die code (ie /die 1d4+1d6+1d10) and then instead of pressing the enter key drag and dropping the dice code on a hot key. Then you can just press the hot key or click it to roll the dice.

If you want to annotate the roll just add text after the dice codes, IE /die 1d4+1d6+1d10 Freds Attack

And once you've dragged it to a hot key, you can right-click on the hot key and relabel it to something meaningful like Bow Atk.

~P