PDA

View Full Version : Inexperienced DM going to run a game

Bronsonortiz
May 28th, 2010, 03:19
I'm not new to D&D just inexperienced. I'm going to host a game using Pathfinder and a 1st level module. Game time will be 8or9-11or12 (CST) Mon or Thurs. I'm looking for 4 patient players who don't mind having a DM who doesn't know the all rules cover to cover. An experienced player or two could be beneficial, but even if you have absolutely no D&D XP and want to learn you're welcome to join. The game will be next week, probably thurs, if I have enough interested players.

Plissken
May 28th, 2010, 04:24
I'd be interested. I'd like to play a Wizard.

mrgrimm
May 28th, 2010, 05:55
I'd be interested in playing a simple fighter type. Be it a berseker, fighter, paladin. Ranger. Doesn't matter...

jcdf
May 28th, 2010, 15:13
I'm not new to D&D just inexperienced. I'm going to host a game using Pathfinder and a 1st level module. Game time will be 8or9-11or12 (CST) Mon or Thurs. I'm looking for 4 patient players who don't mind having a DM who doesn't know the all rules cover to cover. An experienced player or two could be beneficial, but even if you have absolutely no D&D XP and want to learn you're welcome to join. The game will be next week, probably thurs, if I have enough interested players.
I would like to play. I am new at this too.

Can I be a Paladin please?

If it is going to be a Thursday then can you give me a time before this so I can connect and set up my character. Private Message me your code as well.

xaotik1
May 28th, 2010, 17:45
Thursdays are oddly free for me, assuming you mean pm on the times that is. . .care if I try to hop in here? If no-one else wants to be the walking band-aid, I m sure I can build one up pretty quick. I'm willing to play pretty much whatever class/race you need to fill out the group, though. Not all that picky :)

Raznok193
May 28th, 2010, 22:55
id be up for playing, im pretty experience with D&D and pathfinder so i can help u out with a lot of stuff, if i play id like to play either a Monk or try my hand at a cleric, Thursday r really good for me as well

Plissken
May 28th, 2010, 23:04
Looks like we got enough! Let's play!

Tripwire
May 29th, 2010, 02:18
Hey, I don't have time to play, but I just wanted to salute you for stepping up and running a game. If more people would do as you did, there would be more happy players!
Cheers dude.

Bronsonortiz
May 29th, 2010, 02:51
Cool, looks like we have enough interested players. So it looks like it will be Plisken,Mrgrimm,jcdf,xaotic and Raznok.

Bronsonortiz
May 29th, 2010, 03:16
I'll have FG running for a little while tonight if anyone wants to make their character, I PMed you the alias. Characters wil start with the standard 15 APs to spend using the point buy system and the average gp for their class.

Plissken
May 29th, 2010, 04:54
Hey. Tried to login but couldn't. I was probably too late. Just to make sure though, you have port forwarding setup?

xaotik1
May 29th, 2010, 14:31
I kept disconnecting, but got through eventually. Ended upgetting late though so I just finished it offline.I'll upload it to the server on the first session.

Ended up going with the cleric btw. . .should be ok with heals for as bit.

mrgrimm
May 29th, 2010, 22:45
I am sorry I missed the session. I was thinking it was going to be on Thursdays. Didn't expect to be yesterday. So I didn't check till it was too late.. Sorry once again.

xaotik1
May 30th, 2010, 01:00
It wasn't really a session, just some open time on the fg server to input your character

Raznok193
May 30th, 2010, 05:41
what class is everyone so far cause id like to not be the same class as someone else

mrgrimm
May 30th, 2010, 11:53
I am going with something easy. I am picking a Dwarven fighter or barbarian. I can also play a Dwarven Cleric if that is need. Personally I am willing to play any kind of character if something different is needed. I will only be able to play every other Thursday. I work every other Thursday so cannot play every Thursday. If you wish I not play due to that which is understandable could I just lurk?

Off topic but yet still on topic.

I do have a Ventrillo server you could use for communication. If you don't know what that is think of skype without video and I have yet to have it disconnect. I can have up to 10 people connected at once. I rented a server and it is available 24/7. You would just need to download the client. It is perfectly free and will not cost you anything other than the download time. I have already rented the server. So no cost to you. Just an idea to possibly make communication easier. I will be using it when I begin to run my Sundered Skies/Savage Worlds game

BLATANT PLUG!
There are still openings if anyone is interested.

I've Rambled quite enough.

Have a day....

Mr. Grimm

Bronsonortiz
May 30th, 2010, 17:29
No, there wwas not a session game will be 8pm central time Thursday. I will be using skyp for voice, (my skype handle is bronsono) though I will have my mic muted most of the time (due to having a very noisy household) but I will run skyp to speed things up a little, ooc comments, questions and such.

I will only be able to play every other Thursday. I work every other Thursday so cannot play every Thursday. If you wish I not play due to that which is understandable could I just lurk?

That shouldn't be too much of a problem as we have 5 players, and the campaign probably wont last more than 2-3 sessions, unless this goes really well and everyone wants to continue making it an ongoing campaign. If you can't make though, I will probably NPC your character, wich means your character will kind of tag along, not saying much and fight when necesarry, if you don't have any objections.

Raznok193
May 30th, 2010, 22:18
ok well i was thinking of making a Wizard, something different that would be interesting to play, and if things go well and we continue playing i was prolly going to prestige into an Eldritch Knight, ive seen one in another campaign and they work at pretty well

jcdf
June 1st, 2010, 18:22
Bronsonortiz

I am just checking to make sure that the game is on this Thursday 03 June. It is starting at 8pm Central time or 2pm GMT.

I have Skype set up.

I will try to log on before then and set up my character. If you could send me a time or times when your server will be up and running, I would most appreciate it.

I would like to be a Paladin too.

I have sent you a private message too containing some other information.

Raznok193
June 1st, 2010, 21:37
if u could let us all know when the server is up, i know last time u had a session i tried getting on and i had trouble downloading something so it might be good to have it up early

oh and for all that care im either making a Wizard or a cleric if we need one

Plissken
June 1st, 2010, 22:13
I'd like to play Wizard but wouldn't mind cleric.

Bronsonortiz
June 2nd, 2010, 01:57
Server is up.

Plissken
June 2nd, 2010, 06:11
I'm playing a Ranger.

xaotik1
June 2nd, 2010, 20:33
Well, I have a cleric built already, but if someone REALLY wants to run one, I can switch to a fighter type easily enough.

*edit* I now have both a fighter and a cleric in FG,so if anyone else wants the healer slot, feel free.

jcdf
June 2nd, 2010, 20:55
I am a Paladin.

Bronsonortiz
June 3rd, 2010, 01:48
If you havn't built your character yet the server is up and running tonight. I might not be around but feel free build your character even if you dont get any response from the DM. And if you Have allready built your PC (xaotik and Plissken) feel free to log on and get to know the other players before tomorrows game. I'll be checking the server off and on.

Plissken
June 4th, 2010, 02:40
hey guys, game is up right now. the server crashed or something. just log back in.

xaotik1
June 10th, 2010, 20:42
Game still on for tonight?

jcdf
June 11th, 2010, 00:01
Game still on for tonight?
I am here anyway. It is really up to Bronsonortiz.

xaotik1
June 11th, 2010, 02:00
Server is up

Tarostar
June 12th, 2010, 15:50
Did you manage to play? Just curious about how it went.

xaotik1
June 12th, 2010, 15:53
It ended up being a short session. We were down to two players and no healer, so we decided to call it until next session in the hopes of a full party again.

jcdf
June 13th, 2010, 11:56
Did you manage to play? Just curious about how it went.
Yeah it was a pretty uneventful affair. But this game is more of a learning session than perhaps a proper full game. It has been a while since I played the table version and have never played the Fantasy Ground's online so I have some things to learn. It's a bit of fun alright, though. :)

The story so far:

The game begins and the four of us have entered a sizable town. It turns out that a very minor plague, one that only afflicts non-warriors, has befallen the large town.

Being true warriors we went looking for the local tavern and some booze. It turns out that the towns only tavern owner has fallen sick due to the plague and shut his business up. Amazingly enough it turns out that a town of 1,500 people only has a single tavern and the tavern owner has no helpers, the setting of this fantasy game is obviously not Ireland. :(

Being a crowd of good people as well as connoisseurs of fine spirits we decide to go to the local healer 'Laurel' I think is her name to look for a cure to this minor plague. We have to wait in line to see her. :mad:

When finally we get to see her, she says that she can cure this minor plague but she needs surprisingly some weird ingredients; tree moss and ratstail root etc. So off we head to the forest to get them.

We bribe a woodcutter to provide us with the location of one of the ingredients. On we continue and walk into a trap. A hobgoblin and some birds attack us. We kill them. On we continue.