PDA

View Full Version : Installing different rulesets

dante13b
May 26th, 2010, 21:38
My friends and I have decided to try playing Star wars saga. My buddy(the gm) found all the resources we needed and was successfully able to install them into his copy of Fantasy Grounds but when I try the same thing( with him walking me through it over the phone) I am unsuccessful. Any help?

Thanks bunches!

Guy

Griogre
May 26th, 2010, 21:40
You can only install most rulesets if you have the full or ultimate versions of FG. Players don't need the ruleset because they get it from the GM's server.

dante13b
May 26th, 2010, 21:52
I appreciate your help and please don't take this as argumentative, but we are currently running a World of Darkness campaign and I have a full copy of the ruleset in my copy of FG. Is there anyway to replicate that with Star Wars?

Again, thanks for the help,

Guy

Griogre
May 26th, 2010, 21:56
Yes, but what version of Fantasy Grounds do you have? You haven't said and if you have the lite version of FG installing a ruleset won't do anything. If you do have a full or ultimate version of FG then we can go over step by step instructions.

dante13b
May 26th, 2010, 22:02
My apologies, I am running FG lite. Wondering if it might be worth upgrading to full even though I will never GM....Thanks for your time and I will stop bothering you now...:)

Guy

drahkar
May 27th, 2010, 03:53
Unfortunately the only way to load up rulesets outside of connecting to a GM running Ultimate or Full is to have a full or ultiamte license yourself.

As to upgrading to it. If you are not making your own rulesets or GMing it really isn't worth purchasing. The sole purpose of those licenses is for GMing or making Rulesets.