PDA

View Full Version : Just downloaded...Character creation question

zenile
May 26th, 2010, 04:05
Hi all,

I just purchased the FG2 full license and I have a few questions I was hoping someone could help me with.

When running the Fantasy Grounds Updater, I'm receivingthe following message:

Error processing package manifest

Any idea what this means?

Also, when I try to "Manage Characters", I'm only provided the following rulesets: 3.5E and foundation. It says under downloads that 4E ruleset would have been included as well. Am I mistaken? What do I need to begin creating a 4E character.

Thanks in advance for your help!

EugeneZ
May 26th, 2010, 04:24
Welcome!

The "Error processing package manifest" error is usually a license issue, according to a forum search. Contact [email protected] .

To my knowledge, you cannot create a "local" 4E character, meaning you must be connected to a DM running a 4E game and create the character on that server.

Don't take this the wrong way, no harm done, but for the future, try not to create multiple threads about the same thing, and try searching the forums before asking questions. It's just forum courtesy. I understand you may not have known (or cared), and that's fine.

someoneinatree
May 26th, 2010, 07:17
To my knowledge, you cannot create a "local" 4E character, meaning you must be connected to a DM running a 4E game and create the character on that server.

As far as I'm aware, you should be able to create local 4E characters if you have a full license. I know I certainly do!

EugeneZ
May 26th, 2010, 14:09
Hm. Then I have no idea. It used to be that you need to connect to a DM running 4e to even attempt it, but I would think that requirement would no longer exist now that 4e is a built-in ruleset.

Griogre
May 26th, 2010, 17:11
Local characters are not supported by 4E and most other rulesets with a few exceptions. However, practically speaking, if you have the full version you can make a local character with a full version of FG. This is true for 4E.

When building a 4E character, you might find yourself having some problems with inventory items and powers. In particular magic items can't be built correctly with drag and drop on a local character - though you can build them by hand. All that said, you can usually get about 95% of the character input in local mode which is extremely convenient.