PDA

View Full Version : changing a symbol in 4E

Bert Blaine
May 24th, 2010, 23:28
i was able to change the gm symbol in the chat log during the 4e_jpg but since 4E it changed back and i cant find the file to replace it.

Moon Wizard
May 24th, 2010, 23:50
It's now embedded in the 4E.pak file as an official download. You can extract the files into the rulesets directory, and make changes there if you like. You will have to remove the 4E.pak file to prevent it from overriding your custom version in the rulesets directory. When the 4E.pak file gets updated with a release, you will need to do this again.

Cheers,
JPG

Zeus
May 25th, 2010, 00:02
You could also write a simple extension to override the definition for the GM portrait. This way you can leave the 4E.pak file in place and shouldn't need to worry about ruleset updates.

For reference 4E uses the following name for the GM's chat icon:

<icon name="portrait_gm_token" file=graphics/icons/portrait_gm_token.png" />

For an example on how to create an extension you can download my 4E House Rules extension (see my sig for the link to my resources page). If you look at extension.xml and graphics.xml you should be able to see how to setup the override. The replacement icon is stored in the extension under graphics/icons.

Bert Blaine
May 25th, 2010, 01:55
ok i dont see how to open either of these methods and dr. your documentation on your web page leave ignorant me even more lost :)

tdewitt274
May 25th, 2010, 03:17
To unpack the file, change the extention from "pak" to "zip" and uncompress with your favorite zip program.

Bert Blaine
May 26th, 2010, 15:38
changed to a zip file was able to view but access denied for unzipping and changing things

Bert Blaine
May 26th, 2010, 15:51
What do your house rules pak entail other than the graphic changes.
I like the dm portrait (i am dungeon master! lol)

I presume i can just ignore your fumble rolls but what is the campaign date file about?

Zeus
May 26th, 2010, 19:23
What do your house rules pak entail other than the graphic changes.
I like the dm portrait (i am dungeon master! lol)

I presume i can just ignore your fumble rolls but what is the campaign date file about?

My House Rule mod:

- Fumble Rolls (Attack rolls of 1 result in an automated fumble roll)
- Integrates my Metal theme and some bespoke 4E graphic updates
- Integrates a small calendar control for managing campaign date and time

Use /date to open up a small calendar control (FR Calendar). You can then set the date and double click the time and date entries to timestamp the chatlog.

-