PDA

View Full Version : RIFTS and other Palladium systems

Witchcraft
May 23rd, 2010, 22:16
Has anyone here successfully run a RIFTS campaign with FGII? I just upgraded to the full license and have begun the undertaking of learning the software and creating a campaign. I downloaded the RIFTS ruleset from the wiki but haven't quite figured out how to install it...hehe! I've seen all the tutorials but that was over two weeks ago so I think my first order of business is to refresh myself.

Just wondering if anyone else has used any of the Palladium PFRPG, Ninja's and Superspies, Nightbane, TMNT or similar rulesets.

nathal
May 28th, 2010, 17:55
Has anyone here successfully run a RIFTS campaign with FGII? I just upgraded to the full license and have begun the undertaking of learning the software and creating a campaign. I downloaded the RIFTS ruleset from the wiki but haven't quite figured out how to install it...hehe! I've seen all the tutorials but that was over two weeks ago so I think my first order of business is to refresh myself.

Just wondering if anyone else has used any of the Palladium PFRPG, Ninja's and Superspies, Nightbane, TMNT or similar rulesets.

At the very least, i plan on running games with the rules in hand in print, with teamspeak, and just use the FG program as the virtual table. I bought fantasy grounds because it felt like the real thing, and all of the frills are secondary.

That said, I would like it very much if it were easier to port unique systems intone the software environment. Maybe that will be a feature of some future version of the software, who knows?

Griogre
May 28th, 2010, 18:37
Bear in mind there are generic rulesets where you just type stuff on a text character sheet that work fine for a lot of systems. You can download it here from the FG wiki: https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/Generic

Witchcraft
May 28th, 2010, 19:19
Ah hey! Thanks for the link! I too will be incorporating voice-software (Ventrilo) into my campaign as it has, in the past, made playing FAR EASIER when players don't have to type their actions. That having been said, it IS really nice to have the RP typed out so it can be digested and perhaps logged and screenshot and saved for later.