PDA

View Full Version : New 4e FR Campaign starting

Demogorgon
May 21st, 2010, 03:12
Hi everyone,

I'm ready to start a new 4e Forgotten Realms Campaign.

New players are welcome provided you are a mature gamer (i.e. at least 18+)
Time: Tuesday @ 7:30 pm EST

I'm open to running the game at a different day and time. So if you are interested please post your availability (Days & Times).

The website for the campaign can be found here.
https://bloodstonelands.mygamesonline.org

I'm still adding content, but there should be enough there to begin the campaign and create characters.

The PC creation rules are simple and can be found on the website. I'm asking that those interested create a background profile for their characters. This will help weed out those players who are not very serious and aid in the immersion of the campaign as it evolves.

Please note that I'm very new to FG, but I do have a lot of experience DMing in person. There will most likely be a few players who arenew to FG so I'm looking for people who have the patience to endure the learning curve.

I will have the server up this Saturday for those players who wish to create characters. Alternatively, you can send me a copy of your character and I can input him/her for you. Hopefully, by next weekend(Sat 29) we can start the campaign.

Thanks

Plissken
May 21st, 2010, 04:52
If it takes place around 5:30 PST ( 8:30 EST ) I'd be interested. I don't think east-siders want to stay up too late though :(

Demogorgon
May 21st, 2010, 14:27
If it takes place around 5:30 PST ( 8:30 EST ) I'd be interested. I don't think east-siders want to stay up too late though :(

Yes it will most likely start around 3pm . It all depends on when people are available.

Demogorgon
May 22nd, 2010, 20:20
Just a quick update on the game time. So far it looks like the game with take place on Saturday at 7pm (EST). Send me a PM to confirm that you are still interested.

jcdf
May 22nd, 2010, 21:53
I would like to play. I am a mature gamer. But I have never played this specific game before.

What time zone are you in?

I am will be available next Saturday all times except: 19:00-00:00 GMT(0) Irish time.

zenile
May 23rd, 2010, 07:10
Have you guys finalized a time when the game will start? I'm interested in playing, but I wouldn't be able to start until my daughter goes to bed which would be after 8pm cst.

Demogorgon
May 23rd, 2010, 23:58
I would like to play. I am a mature gamer. But I have never played this specific game before.

What time zone are you in?

I am will be available next Saturday all times except: 19:00-00:00 GMT(0) Irish time.

I'm in GMT(-4) (thats EST)

Do you mean you have never played D&D or just D&D 4e?

Demogorgon
May 24th, 2010, 00:15
Have you guys finalized a time when the game will start? I'm interested in playing, but I wouldn't be able to start until my daughter goes to bed which would be after 8pm cst.

We haven't finalized a time on Saturday It depends on everyones availability. It won't be a problem for me to push the game time out to 9pm (my time) since I usually stay up late.

I'm also open to changing the time to the weekdays since many new players like to go out on Saturday and are just not available. If I can't gather enough players I might have to do that.

someoneinatree
May 24th, 2010, 00:32
We haven't finalized a time on Saturday It depends on everyones availability. It won't be a problem for me to push the game time out to 9pm (my time) since I usually stay up late.

I'm also open to changing the time to the weekdays since many new players like to go out on Saturday and are just not available. If I can't gather enough players I might have to do that.

Well, for reference, I can do Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday nights EST, anytime from 6/7pm. Don't mind if it goes late.

Adamus
May 24th, 2010, 16:58
My friend and I are definitely interested but we can't play on saturdays. The days that work best for us both are sunday evenings tuesday evenings or thusday mornings. If this is ok with everyone else involved we can work out specific times later. We are both mature and very reliable to show up. It's hard to find a good game and we would love a steady campaign!

jcdf
May 24th, 2010, 19:23
I'm in GMT(-4) (thats EST)

Do you mean you have never played D&D or just D&D 4e?
I have never played Fantasy Grounds but I am well knowledgeable about D&D. I am less sure about 4e than 3.5.

I am good for any time or any day except Saturday 19:00-00:00 GMT(0) or 15:00-20:00 EST.

Demogorgon
May 24th, 2010, 19:32
Hi Adamus

I fully intend for the game to be an ongoing campaign where the players actions mainly dictate the direction of the game. I have time to dedicate to the game and I can't wait to work on the campaign every week.

Based on your post it seems that Tuesday evenings (EST) would fetch a fair amount of new players.

Xitan
May 24th, 2010, 21:28
I'm rusty with 4e but I'm willing to give the game a go as well, I am free most any weeknight but friday (weekend nights are currently booked)

Demogorgon
May 26th, 2010, 02:48
ok everyone how does Tuesday at 7:30pm EST sound? That is 11:30pm GMT

someoneinatree
May 26th, 2010, 07:23
Here's a handy link (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=1&month=6&year=2010&hour=19&min=30&sec=0&p1=179) for timezone conversion. Just so there's no confusion!

And yep... that works well for me Demogorgon.

Adamus
May 27th, 2010, 00:21
Hey guys my friend and I are ok with the tuesday time but if we can wednesday nights at 1030pm GMT is best option or around that time sorry. Let me know we really wanta get in this game.

Aziraphel
May 27th, 2010, 19:52
Hello Demogorgon and everyone. I am an experienced D&D player/DM but new to Fantasy Grounds and was wondering if there is room for one more. I am not available to play between 10-2PM PST but other than that I have an open schedule everyday. I understand that everyone has been toying around with the idea of a game on Tues @ 7:30 EST, Wed @ some time, and Sat @ 8:30 EST. I am available on all those times and much more. Please let me know if I can join in, I'm very excited to be a part of a Fantasy Grounds game for the first time. BTW: I am a mature player and will be working on a character sheet/background right now.

Demogorgon
May 28th, 2010, 04:05
ok everyone who is interested send me a PM with your email. I want to send you the .mod files you will need for the game( just in case you don't have them). Then you can reply with your character (a text file is fine) and a portrait.

oh and please let me know if you subscribe to DDI, have dungeon mags, or have purchased any new 4e modules. I want to keep the game fresh for everyone and don't want to lose anyone if we end up playing a module you have.

Demogorgon
May 28th, 2010, 14:23
ok so far I have at least 4 players.

That means we should be able to get the first game started next Tuesday (June 1st) @ 7:30pm EST

Gman
May 28th, 2010, 17:03
Just curious what types of characters those playing are planning on running.

I would prefer to play a striker or a controller.

someoneinatree
May 28th, 2010, 18:14
My concept is an Invoker (controller), so will be running with that for now.

Demogorgon
May 30th, 2010, 01:11
Hi Everyone,

Thanks to all those who have sent an email expressing your interest in playing. At this time I have 6 emails from players who are interested. That should be a full house. :)

I'll be sending an email out to you all shortly.