PDA

View Full Version : Locally Created Characters

lamprey
May 19th, 2010, 18:23
Can I use a locally created character on my PC in a campaign that I am running?

Currently I am trying to make copies of all of my players characters so that I can automate the combat portion of our game to speed things along when we all get together.

Is there something I am not doing right? I see no characters available when I start a campaign.

Thank you in advance,

Jason

Moon Wizard
May 19th, 2010, 21:21
Just fire up two instances of FG on your local machine. One that hosts the game, and another that joins the game at 127.0.0.1 (localhost). In the client instance, you will be able to select characters that you created locally, and they will be copied into the campaign.

Cheers,
JPG

lamprey
May 19th, 2010, 21:46
Thank you for your prompt response.

I'm not sure who the resident RMC ruleset guru is or who is best to ask about making additions to the ruleset. I figured I could throw this question at you and if you couldn't answer it then maybe you could point me to the right person on the forums.

I desperately need to add races and classes to the ruleset to cover 3 of my 6 players characters. Do you know where amongst all of that code I would need to go to do that? If I'm just adding say the archmage class from RMC1 where would I start to do that? Is this going to be XML changes or am I going to have to modify lua code as well?

I know that adding classes, skills, and races will take a great deal of work, but I need to start somewhere to convince my players that they need to pick up this awesome program and that it will work for our game.

Thank you for your time,

Jason