PDA

View Full Version : Need 1 player, 4e, Wednesdays: GMT-6 from 7:30 PM to 11:00 PM

Newawd
May 18th, 2010, 17:40
Hey everyone. My group is losing a great player to his job (he became the VP of a bank, and it is sucking all his time away), so we're looking for someone to fill his shoes.

We play 4e on Wednesdays from 7:30 to 11:00 (sometimes a little later to wrap something up) on GMT-6. Our group is full of great guys who are all (most of the time) mature adults. We are all sharp guys (with the exception of myself), and we have a great thing going. We've been going for ~ 2 years now, and we have a great group dynamic. Here is what we're looking to find:

1. Someone who is enthusiastic.
2. Someone who is dedicated (obviously a game won't be your *highest* priority, but it should be high)
3. Someone who is willing to have a degree of online presence during the week.
4. Someone who is a "driver". The guy who is leaving is very much a driver, and it would be good for the group dynamic to have a driver replace him.

The kind of game you would be playing is probably about 40% RP/60% Combat.

If you think you fit the bill, please PM me asap so you can get rolling with us!

Hakim
June 7th, 2010, 00:01
I tried to PM you, but it said your mailbox was full. I will just post as a reply here:

"I was just skimming through the forums trying to find a game to get started in FG. I know your thread is a couple weeks old, but it sounded like a pretty good fit so I thought I would send you a PM just in case you are still looking and/or have room for another.

I am 39 years old, and live in Portland, OR (PST). I started playing pencil and paper D&D when I was 12, and played heavily (mostly as DM) for about 18 years. Throughout that time and since I also played computer games. For the last decade or so I have been playing mostly online games (MMORPG, RTS, and FPS), WoW almost exclusively for the last 5 years.

In the 6 months I am losing interest in WoW. As I search for a new game, I think I am deciding to get back to my roots. FG seems to be a nice mix of the old school pencil and paper style, with the advantages of being online. This interests me a lot.

In the long run I will probably end up doing more DM than play, but I will want both. I expect that I have 6-9 months of learning software and rulesets, and designing my world before I will start doing anything on the DM side. So for now I am looking to get in to a good game as a player to learn the ropes, and have some fun along the way.

I am not locked in to any ruleset, and have only skimmed what I can see in FG so far. In fact I never really played past 2nd edition (even long after 3rd edition was out).

So I may be a little nubish in terms of rules and interface, but I have a very solid background, and learn extremely quickly. I am definatley the kind of player who will spend the time and energy necessary (outside game time) to get myself up to speed quickly.

Anyway, let me know if you have a slot that you think might be a good fit for me. I am totally flexible on rulesets, roles, etc.. Mostly I just want to get in a game, and mix it up. I prefer to learn by doing."

gschlosser
July 11th, 2010, 00:56
I would love to fill the spot as well. The only thing is that I travel North America on varying days during the week, so weekends would fit my schedule best. 39 y/o, playing since 1979, new to FG, am happy to fill any role as I like to try new classes and don't caught up with only one or two, enjoy games that work as a team and not with a couple of players that like to be the 'loner'.

gschlosser
July 11th, 2010, 00:56
Forgot to add my email as it is quicker than waiting for me to reply on this thread.

[email protected]

Let me know either way.

Bleddyn
July 11th, 2010, 01:12
39 y/o retired (retarded) military. Playing many systems since 1981. let me know .... I don't do anything all day ....only possible interruption at night is if my wife pinches my butt.

gschlosser
July 11th, 2010, 01:15
Nice Bleddyn! truly hilarious! Hey, i was in from 1991 - 1996, though I only played soldier as I conducted medical research. Still do, just in the private sector. When were you in and what was your MOS?

Bleddyn
July 11th, 2010, 01:27
Nice Bleddyn! truly hilarious! Hey, i was in from 1991 - 1996, though I only played soldier as I conducted medical research. Still do, just in the private sector. When were you in and what was your MOS?

11B10 - 3 Yrs 116th Infantry VA ARNG '96-99

Last active Stint was '02-07 (reclassed because I was a NREMT-P & CCEMT-P)
I went through Jump school at 32 years of age.
91W1P W1- HHC/75th RR
91W2P W1 - HHC & B Co 1st/508th PIR- 173rd ABN BDE (OIF I & OEFVI
91W2P W1- HHC /1st/504th PIR - 82nd ABN DV ( Medically retired due to TBI)
I had orders to flight medic School then due to join the 82nd ABN DIV Combat Aviation Brigade ....

gschlosser
July 11th, 2010, 01:43
That is cool. If you can believe it, on of my soldiers went to air assault school. He is a doctor now. I was a SGT when I got out (a degreed enlisted MOS). Yeah, Sgt Schlosser. Say that fast 5 times!

Bleddyn
July 11th, 2010, 01:59
That is cool. If you can believe it, on of my soldiers went to air assault school. He is a doctor now. I was a SGT when I got out (a degreed enlisted MOS). Yeah, Sgt Schlosser. Say that fast 5 times!

I had a BA as well... I was hoping to get a slot at the Army PA program.... as you can see that never came to fruition. Never went to AA school. I was SGT(P) Points are always high, 798 for E6. I think I had Like 722.

gschlosser
July 11th, 2010, 02:01
Yeah, it took me quite a while to get the stripes myself. Ah, good times...good times.