PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.5 Time

ReikaMichiko
May 16th, 2010, 16:40
Alright people , im back again after fixing some major **** to free up my time.

SO WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? D&D OF COURSE!

I have seen person after person craving 3.5 D&D... (myself included) and I think its about time someone stepped up to the plate.

Depending on the schedule of the people who are interested I will determine a day I can DM each week.

We will be using FG2, DO NOT USE A PIRATED COPY, I will know.

You may use any SOURCE books , and if you ask me about a certain supplement book I will give you and ok or a nay.

It will start off at level 1 , any race that doesn't have a level adjustment. (Yes you can be lame and toss in 0 LA templates)

2 flaws / 2 traits

I encourage powergaming, as I do not hold punches in my campaigns.

I highly recommend thinking outside the box in my campaigns, bring some rope. Mabye a shovel to bury your soon to be 6 feet under comrades.

Im looking for at least a 4-5 party group, but If need be I will DM a 3-6.

Max starting gold as suggested by your class.

SHOW SOME LOVE AND LETS GET IT STARTED IN HUR!

Please post available days in this format =

Monday = time - time
Tuesday = time - time
Wednesday = time - time
Thursday = time - time

So forth...

Stats are rolled either 4d6 six times dropping lowest number each time, OR 1d8+10 (ur average is much higher with the later and alot faster)

Besides that my campaign doesnt have a setting, I B/s most of my campaign but it seems to work so far. Im a strong believer in all actions having a ripple effect, we've lost quite a few characters to peasant killing lol.

GLHF

ReikaMichiko
May 16th, 2010, 16:42
P.S , if you want a review of my DMing, this is my last campaign

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=81687#post81687

MikeParham
May 16th, 2010, 23:20
Hiya Bob!

Good to see things are shaping up for ya. If you are entertaining a game on eves on Fri, Sat, or Sun...I am interested! Had fun last time, just things collided trying to work so many games within my busy work week.

Keep me informed on developments!

KainVorador
May 17th, 2010, 00:05
I'm interested.

Any day after 1630.

ReikaMichiko
May 17th, 2010, 03:07
Hiya Bob!

Good to see things are shaping up for ya. If you are entertaining a game on eves on Fri, Sat, or Sun...I am interested! Had fun last time, just things collided trying to work so many games within my busy work week.

Keep me informed on developments!

hey, good to see you again to. Be happy to have you aboard if times work out

Xcenocide
May 17th, 2010, 13:30
Oh. Hello. Let's see if I finally get lucky here... Been over a year since I've been in a 3.5 Game.

Available Days

Friday - Whenever after 1PM GMT / 6AM EST
Saturday - Whenever

Bronsonortiz
May 17th, 2010, 13:58
MON,TUES,THURS, anytime 7 CDT or later.

Adamus
May 17th, 2010, 15:49
myself and a friend are dying to get into a 3.5 game we can play Sunday Monday Tuesday 5pm-10pm EST or else Wednesday Thursday 10am-3pm EST.

Thanks!!

PS. if there's only room for one then only one of us will play.

Explorer
May 17th, 2010, 15:50
Very interested.

Monday after 6pm.
Friday Anytime
Saturday Anytime
Sunday Anytime
Other Weekdays after 9:15pm.

All times Mountain Standard.

ReikaMichiko
May 18th, 2010, 02:55
Monday - 5
Tuesday - 4
Wednesday - 2
Thursday - 4
Friday - 4
Saturday - 4
Sunday - 5

BLoody hell wanted to avoid sunday, but highest alignment besides monday, however our time zone difference with brons would cut the game to short.

So in conclusion :
Explorer, Adamus + Friend, KainVorador, and Mike. As of right now you are most likely the group.

Unless we get some more flexible time schedule players applying, games will be Sunday 5-10. If we do ,any of this can change, so wait till i make a final "This is it" before jumping up and down.

ReikaMichiko
May 18th, 2010, 02:59
Some things to note. I prefer to use skype to speed up out of roleplay conversations. So if you want to commit, please download/make an account.

As for questions please email me at [email protected], i check it about 10 times a day (girlfriend issues), so feel free to bother me.

ReikaMichiko
May 18th, 2010, 03:11
Im REALLY Itching to make it saturdays... I dislike sundays as game days since it interferes with church.

Gonna debate it for a while

CrimsonChampion
May 18th, 2010, 03:12
Count me in bud, been a long while since the last game. If you've got room anyway. Times are pretty open.

ReikaMichiko
May 18th, 2010, 03:17
Alright, with crimson open to saturdays the roster is as follows and FINAL unless we have someone drop:

1.Mike
2.Kain
3.Xceno
4.Explorer
5.Crimson

Adamus
May 18th, 2010, 04:14
adamgunn2 is my skype name if you wanta add me then we can figure the rest out in real time. thanks.

Bronsonortiz
May 18th, 2010, 04:44
Let me know if you have any drop outs. I can do any time saturday. I didin't list Wed cause that's a church night and Fri-Sun weren't on your list of available days. If you need another PC let me know. My skype name is bronsono, and i'm usually on. BTW love the fact that you'd rather play SAT than SUN due to church, as I also put God as the priortity in my life.

ReikaMichiko
May 18th, 2010, 05:43
Let me know if you have any drop outs. I can do any time saturday. I didin't list Wed cause that's a church night and Fri-Sun weren't on your list of available days. If you need another PC let me know. My skype name is bronsono, and i'm usually on. BTW love the fact that you'd rather play SAT than SUN due to church, as I also put God as the priortity in my life.

if you can do saturdays your more then welcome to play with us as well

Ksathra
May 18th, 2010, 14:06
Oh God not Another one Of Mikker0's Super long Forum Topics :o

Explorer
May 18th, 2010, 14:09
Saturdays work for me, I'd prefer later (I'm MST so it's relative) as I play Warhammer on Saturdays.

ReikaMichiko
May 18th, 2010, 14:11
Im shooting for 5-10 or mabye 5-11 EST, unless anyone has a problem with either of those time lines

Explorer
May 18th, 2010, 14:13
That's like 7 my time which is fine. The later the better for me but 7 works great.

Xcenocide
May 18th, 2010, 18:57
Jesus christ I look away for a little while and suddenly this thread is on the third page? This is madness!

...anyway, that time works just fine for me. Should we start calling dibs on classes now? (debating between fighter and monk here)

Explorer
May 18th, 2010, 18:59
I'd prefer support so healer or something ranged/buffer is preferable.

Xcenocide
May 18th, 2010, 19:08
...Out of curiousity (or rather, someone else's curiousity), we wouldn't happen to have room for one more person?

ReikaMichiko
May 18th, 2010, 22:31
We are already at 6 people with Brons. The only way I will consider a 7th is if they are from my old group. Otherwise its to much of a hassle, I usually end up having to split the group at that point and run another game which im not willing to do.

Also this thread will likely grow to ridiculous proportions, I expect all members of my game to check it at least once a day for updates. Last games thread went to 46 pages.

Bronsonortiz
May 19th, 2010, 00:26
yeah Saturdays are fine.

Johan
May 19th, 2010, 15:34
We are already at 6 people with Brons. The only way I will consider a 7th is if they are from my old group. Otherwise its to much of a hassle, I usually end up having to split the group at that point and run another game which im not willing to do.

Also this thread will likely grow to ridiculous proportions, I expect all members of my game to check it at least once a day for updates. Last games thread went to 46 pages.
old group you say? :D

I'm in the mood to Iaijutsu Focus some farmers to an early grave XD

ATM I'm free all day everyday for the next few months.

Anything disallowed?

ReikaMichiko
May 19th, 2010, 15:45
I figured it be you Johan, since im pretty much the only DM that lets you play your insane ****. Welcome aboard.

Johan
May 19th, 2010, 15:57
I figured it be you Johan, since im pretty much the only DM that lets you play your insane ****. Welcome aboard.
hell yeah /salute

I was thinking of toning down the ownage and playing a less than uber class such as a monk or soulknife combo, or pulling out warblade shenanigans :D

ReikaMichiko
May 20th, 2010, 01:14
How we doing on class picking? Id like submissions in by friday night.

MikeParham
May 20th, 2010, 03:38
I was thinking of playing an Exalted monk type with the vow of poverty (maybe later taking him into Psi Fist).

But I'd really like for Bob to look over the Astral Deva race/class...and suggest some "tone downs" to the level you'd consider letting me give it a try.

Xcenocide
May 20th, 2010, 15:11
I was thinking of playing an Exalted monk type with the vow of poverty

Son of a... I was going to do that. Ah, well. Unless you decide on doing that... other thing, I'll just go with the plain ol' fighter.

You want me to draft up a character sheet in advance, Mikker0?

Johan
May 20th, 2010, 18:40
edit: bah, I hate choosing a class, it takes me like 2months

ReikaMichiko
May 20th, 2010, 21:37
Yes please, i would like to review character sheets before the game, hopefully friday night. where is this astral deva mike

Iyasu
May 20th, 2010, 22:58
I say everyone should make fighters. Just straight fighter to level 20 :3

Johan
May 20th, 2010, 23:20
I say everyone should make fighters. Just straight fighter to level 20 :3
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of the women

Everyone play Rogue/barbarians.

What's the intended power level of the group here? Is this gonna be a wizard/druic/cleric type hardcore campaign or more of a play whatever you find fun and balanced around that campaign?

This time around I'm gonna be the guy one shotting dragons if it's the hardcore style instead of someone else :P

Ok guys, we need a plan, we'll rush in, I'll flank <flesh to ice>, ok, I guess we'll just sell the ice sculpture for money then.

sidenote: ToB/Iaijutsu available?

MikeParham
May 21st, 2010, 01:13
I've sent you an email with screen shots from the savage species book, just in case you don't have it.

ReikaMichiko
May 21st, 2010, 02:07
In all fairness , that dragon rolled a natural 1.

Johan
May 21st, 2010, 02:32
In all fairness , that dragon rolled a natural 1.
yeah, that was still pretty epic though :D

Xcenocide
May 21st, 2010, 16:42
Still debating between the fighter and exalted monk too. Highly dependant on wether or not the latter is
1. Allowed to begin with and
2. Chosen for use by Mike.
Either way, I have sheets ready for characters of both classes, just in case.

Was there a way to copy characters made in local character management mode over to an online server? If not, I'll just have to copy this stuff over to an excel spreadsheet or something, and send them over via email.

ReikaMichiko
May 21st, 2010, 16:53
Still debating between the fighter and exalted monk too. Highly dependant on wether or not the latter is
1. Allowed to begin with and
2. Chosen for use by Mike.
Either way, I have sheets ready for characters of both classes, just in case.

Was there a way to copy characters made in local character management mode over to an online server? If not, I'll just have to copy this stuff over to an excel spreadsheet or something, and send them over via email.

honestly i dont remember, and mike:

My awnser in an awesome link https://users.elite.net/runner/jennifers/no.htm

CrimsonChampion
May 21st, 2010, 17:47
Playing a chaotic very old coot/Psionicist/Egoist. I'll be able to do different things, action locking... ability drain... easy interrogation... battlefield control... save or dies... summoning... eventually I'll be able to heal/revive ( Without xp cost!), but it won't be for a long while. I'll even be able to change our feats and skills around... albeit for an xp cost on both our parts. Just kill the undead things, I don't work so well with them.

Johan
May 21st, 2010, 19:18
ToB/Iaijutsu available?

also, are you allowing Nightsticks(+4 turn undead attempts) to stack?

probably a Cleric/melee/necromancer ie. find your own healer/buy me wands of CLW if you want to live.

ReikaMichiko
May 21st, 2010, 21:39
yes/no/no in that order

Iyasu
May 21st, 2010, 21:44
ToB/Iaijutsu available?

also, are you allowing Nightsticks(+4 turn undead attempts) to stack?

probably a Cleric/melee/necromancer ie. find your own healer/buy me wands of CLW if you want to live.

Be sure to make him as epic as Satoshi. I still remember how we described running through that dungeon with the wizard bitch. Charging through it in like under 2 minutes to insta-killing anything that appeared via game time haha. "You see a monster around the corner" "IAIJUST FOR 50 DAMAGE!" "IT FALLS!" "We all keep running along the dungeon floor!" "Another monster appears!" rinse and repeat roflrofl

Johan
May 21st, 2010, 21:47
yes/no/no in that order
I think that's a no on Iaijutsu after rereading it again, I just closed all my cleric resources too :(

on that note:

THE LICH KING HAS RISEN ONCE MORE!

Is Leadership an option? Undead and/or Draconic versions?

MikeParham
May 21st, 2010, 22:19
Xcen...
Go on a grab the monk if you'd like. I've also a crusader/cleric build that I've been thinking about as well ;)

CrimsonChampion
May 21st, 2010, 22:23
Are we going to be able to roll our stats sometime soon there Bob? As well as put our character up and etc.

ReikaMichiko
May 22nd, 2010, 03:47
Johan: Level 6, might have to work with you on this one, id rather not have you bring 10,000 troops into my dungeons

Crimson: Feel free to roll your stats, Im not concerned about cheating. For the first game tomorrow I will have Skype and FG up 1 hour early at 4pm EST.

Skype name is grabingnirvana.

Johan
May 22nd, 2010, 05:31
little backstory snippet:

"Upon him I will visit famine and afire.
Till all around him desolation rings
And all the demons in the outer dark
Look on amazed and recognize
That vengeance is the business of a man."

A quick question, what setting are we playing in?

Ksathra
May 22nd, 2010, 12:11
Its all Farm Lands and Your quests will all come from Farmers and their families. But they dont like Adventurers because one of the famers was slaughtered along with his family in broad daylight.

ReikaMichiko
May 22nd, 2010, 13:53
little backstory snippet:

"Upon him I will visit famine and afire.
Till all around him desolation rings
And all the demons in the outer dark
Look on amazed and recognize
That vengeance is the business of a man."

A quick question, what setting are we playing in?

Johan you complain non stop about us not reading your wall o texts, but you didnt even read my first post lol.

Johan
May 22nd, 2010, 14:01
Johan you complain non stop about us not reading your wall o texts, but you didnt even read my first post lol.
I had read it but missed the line in subsequent readings, the stuff in the quote box pulls you in man, and you'll never get out!

ReikaMichiko
May 22nd, 2010, 14:05
Well anyway, a warning to the group, because of the high player count, and the possibility that many of you will be powergaming, Ive decided to not hold back the first game session. I do not want to underestimate the group, and the fact that theres 7 of you means I have to go about this a little evil.

SO dont get to attached to your character concepts, I may accidently kill a few of you off gauging your abilities.

Xcenocide
May 22nd, 2010, 14:52
Well good thing I went with the monk then. The fighter I had designed would have probably died HORRIBLY.

Johan
May 22nd, 2010, 15:23
hell, we're all boned.

On a sidenote, play Master of Puppets by Metallica while imagining me raising an army of undead. MWAHHAHAHAHAHHAA

Xcenocide
May 22nd, 2010, 16:14
Why do I get the feeling there's going to be some alignment conflicts between the characters in the game to come?

ReikaMichiko
May 22nd, 2010, 16:18
Speaking of which, no railroading campaign Johan

Johan
May 22nd, 2010, 16:29
Speaking of which, no railroading campaign Johan
So you're not railroading, or you're telling me not to railroad? AFAIK only a DM can railroad :confused:

And it's all cool, I'm neutral man, neutral.

CrimsonChampion
May 22nd, 2010, 16:48
Chaotic evil here, but my char will just be along for the ride, seeing as Psions are introverted more then anything else. Just expect a head to pop off if insulted personally. And for killing off chars. Its cool. My character has alot of brothers. Meet Brahmin the brain. Craven the cerebrum. Danor the not dumb. Egor the Egoist. Faldin the old fart. Even so, I should be able to survive a bit... So long as we don't have a Paladin who wants to kill me off the start, I think I'm good.

Xcenocide
May 22nd, 2010, 17:14
I MIGHT end up having my monk punch someone in the party in the face. Only might, as in a small chance, but still. We'll see, lolz.

CrimsonChampion
May 22nd, 2010, 17:25
You woulden't punch an old man in the face would you?

Xcenocide
May 22nd, 2010, 17:41
I totally would, actually. Didn't you know, the older the creature is, the more likely it is to be evil?

...Or did that only apply when they're past the 100-year mark?

Johan
May 22nd, 2010, 18:04
Also, you said you didn't want me to bring 10,000 troops into your dungeon so I'm thinking of switching to more of a melee/spellcaster with some undead stuff on the side instead of focusing specifically on it. I'm still totally getting a bone sword Weapon of Legacy at like 15th level though.

So, levelling pace is gonna be like 4 levels in the first session right? :D

CrimsonChampion
May 22nd, 2010, 18:08
Yeah, no worries there. My old man brigade won't be older then 100, most likely they'll die of old age before reaching it. He'll just appear the senile and crazy at times old man, who can make you spontaneously combust.... Poor old guys

ReikaMichiko
May 22nd, 2010, 19:01
So if your characters live through my game today, Ill be able to try a cool new idea for character motivation which i think you guys will like alot.

jcdf
May 22nd, 2010, 22:15
I totally would, actually. Didn't you know, the older the creature is, the more likely it is to be evil?

...Or did that only apply when they're past the 100-year mark?
Yes that is always the case in movies too. Old equals Evil, Young equal Good. Truly ageism at work. :(

An electronic cookie for anyone that can think of an exception.

Ksathra
May 22nd, 2010, 22:17
gandalf? from LoTR?

Johan
May 22nd, 2010, 22:30
Yoda, Obi Wan Kenobi, most of Jackie Chan's movies such as Drunken Master where he's taught by an old man,

jcdf
May 22nd, 2010, 22:30
gandalf? from LoTR?
He was good not evil. Can you name someone who was both bad and young, well you probably can. But you cannot dispute to fact that most of the bad guys and particularly girls are old. An over whelming disproportionate number of them.

ReikaMichiko
May 22nd, 2010, 22:37
We are officially down 3 players as of 5:30, seeking 2 replacement for next game session

Xcenocide
May 23rd, 2010, 01:33
Wow. I actually lived through that. Barely, but still. Can I have my prize now?

ReikaMichiko
May 23rd, 2010, 01:37
Im wondering If i set a dangerous precedent of death being not scary. However on the other hand I like this concept, you die, a teamate saves your soul and you may continue fighting possibly for a short time more and then have to wait for someone to get you rezed.

Interesting concept.

PzOwNeD
May 23rd, 2010, 01:39
I was told I was invited by Xcenocide.

Xcenocide
May 23rd, 2010, 01:41
Really rich post you got there friend. Real rich.

CrimsonChampion
May 23rd, 2010, 01:50
All shall fall before the might of the old man. An old man so powerfull, that he alone can destroy three creatures his own level, with but a single spell used to destroy one of them, while using a battle axe for the other two. Let it be known, that the evil old man does not always die, the young do not always supercede the old, but that the old is ever powerfull, with the growing evil " Power of Imagination ". *Offers Xceno a gnoll head on a pointy stick as his reward for surviving the Gnoll onslaught and his first game with Bob as the dm. * Hail to the Old Folk! Our time is now!

Ksathra
May 23rd, 2010, 13:39
Were they Grassy Gnolls?

ReikaMichiko
May 23rd, 2010, 14:08
Shock gnolls actually, +1 shock damage on hit.

Xcenocide
May 23rd, 2010, 14:37
Sparkling Gnolls!

ReikaMichiko
May 23rd, 2010, 16:52
hope you guys didnt mind the intro to much, i just figured it was better then "Your all in a tavern together"

CrimsonChampion
May 23rd, 2010, 22:59
I liked it, bud.

ReikaMichiko
May 26th, 2010, 01:42
Do me a favor and rate your interest in the game from 1-10.

Dont want to continue a campaign that people are just playing because they dont have another DM

CrimsonChampion
May 26th, 2010, 06:02
A 9 I guess? Might want to put the difficulty lower though lol. Either that or bring in more people.

Johan
May 26th, 2010, 07:00
8-9 lv1 hardcore ftl.

Reyn Crovense
May 26th, 2010, 17:08
*pokes head through virtual door* Did someone mention more people?

Raznok193
May 27th, 2010, 05:26
..........u guys started up again?

damnit, this game is on saturdays and i have work from 3-11 ;_;

Ksathra
May 27th, 2010, 06:47
Omg I totally thought something horrible and unfortunate happened to you Raznok. Like you had a major accident or you died...

The hell you go? You start running a game and just dissapeared for 2 months...

Raznok193
May 27th, 2010, 06:55
yea srry about that, a lot of **** started happening and i had no free time for like a month and by then i just totally forgot about the campaign

ReikaMichiko
May 27th, 2010, 13:52
Hijacked thread ftw.

PzOwNeD + Reyn, submit character concepts by Friday night for approval.

CrimsonChampion
May 27th, 2010, 21:30
Yo, when are you going to post the exp bob? Incase two of us level.

ReikaMichiko
May 28th, 2010, 00:02
Ah no, no leveling. 600xp each

CrimsonChampion
May 28th, 2010, 02:14
So close... So close.

MikeParham
May 28th, 2010, 03:40
Okies, Back in town from Phoenix.

Interest in the game: 8 (still want to see how we are going to resolve the death issue...and think the first session needed re balancing).

Recommendation: Look over the Ghostwalk material for ideas on how to work with players as ghosts. Great stuff there that allows players to function, and recover from death incidents, still allowing their classes to advance.

PzOwNeD
May 29th, 2010, 03:26
Making an Elven wizard, no school decision yet

CrimsonChampion
May 29th, 2010, 05:18
So... that makes a Psion, a monk, an evil cleric, a good cleric and a wizard...Where's the last?

Xcenocide
May 29th, 2010, 10:44
Wait, hold on. We don't have any tanks? Shiiiiit.

Reyn Crovense
May 29th, 2010, 14:35
Hijacked thread ftw.

PzOwNeD + Reyn, submit character concepts by Friday night for approval.

Oops, Friday passed. I was closing at work Friday night. XD

Edit: Hmm, I was gonna send a PM but then I just read the whole thread first (only a few posts per page, not as long as I thought). Sadly I don't think I can make it with my late night/early morning schedule

Usually available (if still playing on Saturday) from 8:30-9 PM (at the earliest, depending on work/rides) to 6:00 AM in the morning Arizona/Mountain.

MikeParham
May 29th, 2010, 15:09
Wait, hold on. We don't have any tanks? Shiiiiit.

Actually, once I level we will have a tank of sorts. ;)

ReikaMichiko
May 29th, 2010, 18:12
I thought it over for a while now, and im not lowering the difficulty.

Yes this campaign is going to be a bitch and hard as hell to survive in, but to make up for it i promise the rewards will be worth it and stuff u didnt think ud be getting.

Your going to have to make alot of party decisions, and if i see just instant greed im kicking players out. I dont want any "thats mine", there will be group voting on who best benefits from items.

As your freebie rez that i promised ill have the shaman bring the 2 dead players back to life with full hp. Consider the situation your in atm, your under geared and outnumbered. Make use of your teammates and new allies.

Good luck.

ReikaMichiko
May 29th, 2010, 18:16
*side note*

The boss may be way past your level to fight, i recommend farming the rest of the gnolls for xp unless you have alot of faith in tackling him 5v1 with no gear.

CrimsonChampion
May 29th, 2010, 19:06
We do kind of have gear, the gear dropped off the gnolls LOL. But yeah.... I roll need on all Psi-gear. For obvious reasons... No other's a psi. Just makes sense.... hopefully. Sounds fun though, just need to be less gungho about everything and actualy take time to set up traps and flanks and all the what-not... Next level's spell should help a bit with the large mobs.

CrimsonChampion
May 30th, 2010, 02:35
Also, while I'm going to abide by the no stealing rule, I do play an evil character and as such, if the group is having second doubts about if they want something or not, I'll probably take it... Ex: the orbs which apparently stole peoples souls. Or essence, as it was referred to later. Just playin' my character... Not greedy, just power hungry. Not gonna steal gold or something you guys can use for the sake of it... Team player, but still evil. hope everyone's cool with that lol.

ReikaMichiko
May 30th, 2010, 02:38
Dont mind the "OP" orbs to much, those abilities are being used against you as well.

*edit*

Meaning you have to survive them to be able to get them. I dont plan on making it very easy. No more freebie rezes :) .

CrimsonChampion
May 30th, 2010, 04:30
Aww... you can't give us freebie rezzes until I'm lv 9 huh? Its only after that that I can rez... Best rez in d&d, Booya! Chaotic evil psion with resurection... Wierd. Maybe I'll be able to rez WhiteStripe the Gnoll... Since its all about catching the soul.

-Edit-

OH and Bob, forgot to ask last game. Are you still doing the whole " Feat at every 2nd level " again? Or just the regular?

Johan
May 30th, 2010, 15:27
sorry about missing yesterday's game, I put this thread on a subscription to remind me and it hasn't sent me any more emails since a few days ago, not even to my spam box.

So what went down while I was gone, did the party triumph over adversity and survive?

ReikaMichiko
May 30th, 2010, 15:46
Yes, they did.

ReikaMichiko
June 1st, 2010, 17:04
Due to lack of foresight on balancing issues, gonna nerf his orb to just the 25% chance proc and no bonus HD dmg

CrimsonChampion
June 1st, 2010, 19:25
Is it really a balancing issue to give it to a Psion? I could understand giving it to a melee character but a caster? Lol. Ah well, not like it will be used much in my hands.

MikeParham
June 2nd, 2010, 23:42
Just a heads up guys, Saturday I am unlikely to make the session as it is the 33rd Anniversary for my wife and I.

We plan to go out to dinner that night, and while at present she has mentioned no intentions thereafter, I'm certain that something will be in the works.

ReikaMichiko
June 3rd, 2010, 17:00
Just a heads up guys, Saturday I am unlikely to make the session as it is the 33rd Anniversary for my wife and I.

We plan to go out to dinner that night, and while at present she has mentioned no intentions thereafter, I'm certain that something will be in the works.

Just play D&D while doing that something else! Everyone knows that.

ReikaMichiko
June 5th, 2010, 02:47
I have an emergency dentist appointment early morning tomorrow. Check the thread around 4pm just to make sure I havent canceled the game. I have no Idea if they will be sticking me on meds or not so I dont know if ill be in any shape to DM.

For your curiousity, one of the sockets where my wisdom teeth were is infected pretty bad.

ReikaMichiko
June 5th, 2010, 12:20
Game should be on.

ReikaMichiko
June 6th, 2010, 22:52
Honestly people, how am i going to improve the game with no feedback

Johan
June 7th, 2010, 00:11
Feedback mon?

More money for gear, the Wealth by Level Table CR is balanced around says we should have 2700g ie. a +1 weapon or armor and wands of healing.

less killing my horses :P

triple hardcore mode xp modifiers since every battle is pretty much a death sentence for melee, I don't think the frontliners have survived one fight without dying(save for my timely use of lesser vigor for fast healing) and grease aka god mode spell, pretty much is the only thing keeping us alive.

Huge unproportional GP rewards as to keep up with the Wealth by Level due to increased levelling pace.

at lv2 we should've at town been able to afford masterwork weapons/armor easily and have enough for magical healing aids such as wands of CLW. without such things well, we're dead in the water.

Official churches of Khorne. Yes, it needs to happen, my faith is far reaching and wide. The Blood God demands tribute. And skulls, oh yes, the skulls.

I mean, besides a few small things you're doing great, the lack of iaijutsu focus is disheartening but I can deal ie. bring up every day, so yeah.

Mainly we just need the tools available to keep up with the enemies or we're gonna constantly get splattered, well, except for the mages who can run away when sh** hits the fan.

CrimsonChampion
June 7th, 2010, 20:30
Honestly, I kind of agree with Johan on a few certain points.

Namely the lack of gold for the cr that's being thrown at us lol. I found the exp was fine.

Also, Johan, we're gonna get our asses kicked less with my 3d6 on 5 enemies energy missle per cast.

The game's fun, but I think you're really trying to kill us sometimes.

Maybe some story related events/Areas related to our characters? MINDFLAYERS and DEMONS! duh duh duh.... *coughs* Some psionic drops would be nice in the long run, if we find some psionic enemies.

And... sometimes its not bad to be pushed in a certain direction when the party can't agree on anything. *Thumbs up*
( Waiting for an enjoyable massive dungeon crawl! As well as some random rps. Both can be made into one! )

Still enjoyin' the game man.

Johan
June 7th, 2010, 21:13
I think it'd help if we had everyone make a backstory and post it on the forums, as it stands we're just 4-5 dudes who got jumped on a caravan and now inexplicably travelling together.

Try and use that for a basis for character motivation/quest/forward progression.

ReikaMichiko
June 7th, 2010, 21:47
Mkk theres a few things im gonna change.

From now on you have to train levels with a trainer, someone who is the level you need to be or higher in the class you want to be. This training will take a day per level you wish to increase, and costs 100g X level for base classes and 1000g x level for prestige. Base classes will be available in most populated citys and towns, and prestige trainers you will have to locate. As you can imagine this means that the group may have to go hunting for a specific class just for one party member. We call that team work. Even more to the point end game prestige class trainers will be a beast to find.

Johan
June 7th, 2010, 21:55
Mkk theres a few things im gonna change.

From now on you have to train levels with a trainer, someone who is the level you need to be or higher in the class you want to be. This training will take a day per level you wish to increase, and costs 100g X level for base classes and 1000g x level for prestige. Base classes will be available in most populated citys and towns, and prestige trainers you will have to locate. As you can imagine this means that the group may have to go hunting for a specific class just for one party member. We call that team work. Even more to the point end game prestige class trainers will be a beast to find.

100g a level for base, 1000g for Prestige?!

I believe I can word it best thusly, "The hell you say?"

that's disproportionate in power, classes like say a Druid are strongest without multiclass or PrC so they get it infinitely cheaper, we're already tight on the gold as it is, it'll turn into a game of holding levels for PrC training which is just gonna turn out poorly. A cleric has no real class features so I have to branch out into PrCs to stay competitive with the stuff you're throwing down, making it ludicrously expensive pretty much destroys any semblence of player to encounter balance considering, say, the psion pretty much will only ever need to go pure psion since only a few PrCs would really appeal to him as a pure spellcaster. As a cleric that's not really the case, I'm paying after level 6-7 10 times as much as everyone else to level and I have to do 2 separate PrC finding quests since the first one is only 5 levels long, which I only plan to take 3 of immediately due to loss of caster level, then I have to find someone to teach me to be a bone knight, on top of 1000g a level.

That's not gonna work at all, it'll just jack up or wealth by level more than it is now.

CrimsonChampion
June 7th, 2010, 22:01
I like the idea of finding class trainers. Also the idea of coming up with a back-story for our characters, as well as goals and the likes to further quest and story progression. Should really boost the rp.

As for Johan's rant, though I, as a psion, don't NEED a prc to be uber, I can take one for flavor if I wanted. The ability is neat, though it would be expensive, like Johan's. For the sake of appeasing Johan, I'm not against looking for that prc specifically after lv 10.

But still, yeah. Our money is thin as it is. And how often do you really find a psion trainer anyway? They're not a common class.

ReikaMichiko
June 7th, 2010, 22:13
Whine all you like, I am slowing down the game on purpose. Think about it, you guys have been in the world maybe 2 weeks and your already level 3.

This will make you guys:
A. Quest for trainers
B. Be More conscientious about splitting gold up for the party deciding who needs to level most.
C. Be cause for a great deal of role playing

Every level you train will feel like a huge deal, as it should be. To reflect that I will adjust NPC's reactions and ideas towards levels. For instance a person who can cast 5th level spells is pretty rare and highly admired and has many students under them, whereas a person who casts 7th level spells may be considered a master and 1 of mabye 12 who actually takes students.

And as for your worries about psions, as I said, base class trainers will be readily available.

For Johan complaining about the price jump between base and prestige. Prestige classes offer huge benefits and are usually the pinnacle of a character. To achieve such status and level of "prestige" as well as power is not something easily accomplished or cheap.

Xcenocide
June 7th, 2010, 22:37
I'm not that sure about the whole class trainer thing. Well, sure, it could work, but for me personally it will pose a massive problem, as the Vow of Poverty feat my character has means I can't spend that much money on myself without losing the benefits of the feat in question.

Johan
June 7th, 2010, 22:47
I'm just saying, not all classes are made equal, some for this games level of difficulty to survive will REQUIRE heavy PrCing while others won't have to, in character it fits sure, but the mechanics of it reward people for choosing a base class that doesn't require PrCing and punishes those who do.

I'll put it like this, without going through an Arseload of books, I'd be dead right now, without my persists up and lesser vigor I'd have died twice, hell the other melee has died twice. To remain competitive with the challenges you throw at us requires PrCing for me and any other melee who expects to survive.

Compared to say a psion 20 who spends 2000g throughout his career from 1-20 I'm spending, 500g for 5 levels of cleric, 5000g for 5 levels of ordained champion and 10000g for 10 levels of Bone Knight, that's 15,500g compared to the 2000g spent by more spellcasting focused base classes who don't rely on gear purchased through coin anywhere near as much as a melee class.

That's before we account for the difficulty in finding trainers for such things. Because at lv5 dragging the party through hell and high water to get me 3 levels of something, and then doing it again is so very likely, but if I go straight cleric I'm a corpse waiting to happen facing the monstrosities you field.

This is some game changing houserules that you've dropped.

And as PrCs being a pinnacle of a character, tell that to the druid, or the wizard, or sorcerer, or any other caster, it's a sidedish for them, but I may just be cynical here, but I doubt in this campaign Fighter 20 is gonna cut it. This is illustrated by I can assume at 5th level no one wanting to go PrC hunting, but at 10th I've got 5 levels weighing me down that will probably be the cause of my death.

You see the discrepancy and why there's no such price difference in the rules, it widens the already sizable gap between casters and melee.

And btw, disagreeing does not equal complaining, that's very dismissive when you ask for feedback. The rules are complex and require more than a few sentences to describe the far reaching effects a change like this has on gameplay, balance, and overall enjoyment of the game.

As an aside, less melee beasts(not as in type but ability), I mean, how in gods name do we get an AC that can stand up to something that can hit 30+ with 3 attacks, at this point I have no plans to invest in armor and just get whatever let's me kill the other guy faster since it's the only viable survival option available and hope they don't finish off my slowly regenerating corpse. That could use some looking into since truly the only reason we've survived is grease, the moment that fails someone dies and grease doesn't scale at higher levels. Soon if the psion doesn't have any other crowd control we're going to quickly see melee dead within 2-3 rounds of combat starting.

An aside to the above aside, I need to know what god everyone worships to calculate bonuses for interfaith blessing. If you don't worship one or you worship more than one that's also a factor.

CrimsonChampion
June 7th, 2010, 23:08
Yo Johan! God info:

Sardior /ˈsɑrdi.ɔr/ is the dragon deity of gem dragons and psionics. His symbol is a ruby with an inner glow.

Sardior appears as a long sinewy dragon covered with deep ruby red scales and a playful expression. He is also known to be a great conversationalist with a quick wit. Sardior is served by five thanes, each representing a breed of gem dragon. They are Aleithilithos (male amethyst dragon), Hrodel (female crystal dragon), Smargad (male emerald dragon), Charisma (female sapphire dragon), and Tithonnas (male topaz dragon). Seradess, an obsidian dragon, once served as a sixth thane, but Sardior destroyed her and banished her obsidian kin from his court. The exact reason is unclear, even among Sardior's own clergy.

Realm

Sardior's realm is a huge floating castle, which orbits the world in the Prime Material Plane and stays forever in the shadows from the sun. On the nights it can be seen, viewers mistake Sardior's lair for a small red moon.

Periodically, Saridor moves his fortress through the planes, visiting the djinni Citadel of Ice and Steel and Jazirian's realm of Uroboros on its journeys.

Dogma

As the Master of the Gem Dragons, Sardior does not require much from his followers, nor does he try to guide their decisions. The gem dragons look upon Sardior as the draconic ideal and strive to be more like the deity.

Sardior is worshiped by neutral dragons, psions, and psychic warriors. Most gem dragons keep a ruby on a pedestal as a shrine to Sardior.

Sardior's clergy are few. The Ruby Dragon's favored weapon is the claw.

Temples to Sardior are rarer than even his clerics. The Ruby Dragon's temples tend to be near a community of some sort, and are often found in high areas which allow clear views of the night sky.

My Quarter-demon Psion's God. Though the god's neutral and he's chaotic evil, he's not a cleric, so it doesn't matter. They simply coincide well, despite the god's neutrality. Not sure if it helps your thing much.

MikeParham
June 8th, 2010, 00:40
I've got to admit...I'm in for anything that beefs up the level of role play.

As an old first edition guy, I am both familiar and comfortable in the idea of finding and building a relationship with a trainer. The biggest problem I see with the cost for training is that we level at the same time, which means that even with a party fund built to cover expenses (which would allow the monk to maintain his vow), it would quickly and routinely be wiped out, possibly leaving someone short. Also, if working with the trainer involves missions and such, folks wont be able to level possibly for weeks while each gets "his turn". That might not work out too well in the long run, not to mention if issues regarding conflicting ethos crop up.

If someone dies and has to rebuild, how are they expected to pay for their leveling costs?

Missed this weekend's events, but I can guess that once more the monsters were beyond the level of the group. This is a problem that does require addressing. Got to admit, I didn't sign on for a weekly "impossible odds" event. No amount of "cool loot" is going to make up for losing my character on a fairly frequent basis.

CrimsonChampion
June 8th, 2010, 01:00
And besides the soul spheres we are lacking in cool loot from those impossible challenges... Rp increase is something everyone enjoys though.

ReikaMichiko
June 8th, 2010, 01:19
Let me address some issues that are popping up.

First Ill address Xceno. It says you cant hold on to money, nothing is stoping you from having the group pay for your training from a party fund.

Now Ill address Johan, I am not saying dont feedback, your feedback is well appreciated. This however is going to be implemented regardless, so its best that we find a median because I plan on making the transition between levels much more important. It seems quite lame to have your characters just all of a sudden get powerboosts every few weeks. I'd like there to be explanation and you to put in alot of hard work and sweat into it so that when you do level, its not just "mmk i rolled my hp".

Now as for the money. I will accommodate slightly for the cost increases, but not by much. I realize what your saying, but you have to understand that the in balance in gold is exactly what I was aiming for. For the first few levels you probably wont all be able to level at once without running around a bit for one person to the next. You wanted a goal, now you have one, leveling itself will be its own challenge. Eventually you'll work you way up to a point where everyone will have enough gold to level together, then you'll work towards prestige classes, and then finally when you become more powerful and slay more monsters, you will have enough to level immediately as well as have alot left over.

I will also address the CL for you marginally to accommodate for being possibly under geared.

I understand if this changes the game to much for some of you. Unfortunately I feel good about the change and wish to try it out for a few games to see its effect on roleplaying vs hack and slash. The potential for quests and roleplay is massive and endless. It opens up alot of doors I wasn't able to use before.

If the change is to much for you, or after a few games you do not like it I am more then willing to group vote it out.

MikeParham
June 8th, 2010, 01:36
As mentioned, this change does have potential. Based upon this rule, I for one, will likely base my Talon's advancement mainly between his two base classes, which are very complimentary to each other. Any PrC dipping will be rare and downwind a bit. While this does change some of my plans, it's something i can live with for the potential role play.

Suggest that perhaps we can make a list of "desired items" that the DM can either reward us with along the route of level/trainer questing, or in the case of really juicy items, introduce them as separate quests. That would be a big help in equipping those of us that require it.

(BTW If iaijutsu focus returns, I'm expecting some level of reconsideration for the celestial as well) :-)

CrimsonChampion
June 8th, 2010, 02:56
Yes, desired items: Crown of omnipotence. Orb of youth. Brain cap of the gods. Etc... All fun things. LOL. I am an evil genius, in character. I think its a neat idea.

Johan
June 8th, 2010, 03:34
Healing Belt
Belt of Battle
Gauntlets of War
metamagic rod extend
Reliquary Holy Symbol
Pearls of Power
Belt of Magnificence
Nightstick

PG. 54 of the DMG has all the relevant data for monetary and treasure based rewards in one table.

So is the levelling/PrC training coming out of party funds, this system makes my character far more expensive then others, which I still say is a major flaw in the system, but whatever as long as I'm not screwed over because of it.

And I believe it would seriously behoove you all to prioritize my acquisition of higher level spells, considering I can persist mass fast healing 1 soon which auto-stabilizes dying within 20ft as well as healing every round for 1hp. Out of combat, it's like a wand of CLW except free and made of that much more WIN.

MikeParham
June 8th, 2010, 03:41
Johan,

At 3rd level, I've got my Vigor Aura back, so think we are already covered there bro! ;-)

Johan
June 8th, 2010, 03:45
Johan,

At 3rd level, I've got my Vigor Aura back, so think we are already covered there bro! ;-)
You ****. I've been waiting for this moment since level 1 man, level 1!

I'm gonna go cry myself to sleep now, hope you're proud of yourself.

:(

but on a serious note, doesn't that stop at half health? with the staggering rules that's a little more dangerous than not considering everything 2-shots us at full health.

MikeParham
June 8th, 2010, 04:19
Yuppers...it does stop at half health..so its primary purpose is to prevent death. The rest of the healing support comes from both our healing spells, plus martial spirit stance, and crusaders strike ( as long as I can connect with strikes of course).

The good thing is that our auras will stack! ;)

As a note...since this is a purchased feat...I can shift it to another aura type if that would be more helpful to the group.

CrimsonChampion
June 8th, 2010, 10:21
And don't forget my awesome resurrection power at lv 9. So long as I rez you within a few turns of your death (which is easily done by putting you out of battle, then rezzing you once the battle ends. ) you lose absolutely no experience or levels, nor does it cost any gold or items. I'd help tank for you guys too, if I could afford some heavy armor... My hps up with the best of you with Psionic Vigor and casting doesn't require my hands.

ReikaMichiko
June 10th, 2010, 00:26
You know, I was just thinking about what it would be like if an entire party started off taking 1hp regen aura.

Johan
June 10th, 2010, 00:49
You know, I was just thinking about what it would be like if an entire party started off taking 1hp regen aura.
Depending on the wording it might not stack, if it says they gain fast healing 1 I think strongest effect wins, if it merely says they are healed 1 hp a round then it would stack.

It be pretty fail though, at lv1 you can be killed on a lucky crit or if the DM gives monsters greatswords or other 2-handed weapons.

MikeParham
June 10th, 2010, 22:12
Looked over it, and it will not stack (also fast healing 1).

Depending on how long it takes you to gain yours Johan, might be better that I choose another aura, such as the spot/listen/initiative, or the damage reduction 1 (they each increase a little over levels). I've around five or so options that influence combat.

Johan
June 11th, 2010, 02:53
I get mine at lv5

CrimsonChampion
June 11th, 2010, 03:35
Since we don't have a trap monkey, spot/listen initiative would be good. Though so would dr with what we're facing.

MikeParham
June 11th, 2010, 22:59
Actually I am leaning towards the " 2 points of energy damage if an ally is hit" one. Since Silverbrows are of the Silver Dragon bloodline, that means its cold damage.

That or the 1DR/magic one, keep in mind though, its only good for mundane attacks.

Johan
June 11th, 2010, 23:03
the DR and the energy damage on hit auras don't scale well for a campaign like this when monsters can 2-shot you, if you're getting hit, you're probably already dead. Initiative though is priceless here, the only survival method we have is killing them before they kill us, going first is paramount to that.

CrimsonChampion
June 11th, 2010, 23:44
I'm going to agree with Johan on this one. One bad initiative roll and we could be down on the ground, re-rolling our characters.

ReikaMichiko
June 12th, 2010, 18:56
I take it back, im not taking away the +hd electricity damage.

so its still 25% chance + HD in dmg.

However, all orbs will be based off the original creatures HD.

This way you guys will never just hold on to a orb, you'll always want to look for a new more powerful "essence" .

HD 4 btw crimson.

Plus, this helps overcome those overpowered worries alot of you had.

Johan
June 12th, 2010, 19:48
Plus, this helps overcome those overpowered worries alot of you had.

this helps overcome those overpowered worries alot of you had.

overcome those overpowered worries alot of you had.

those overpowered worries alot of you had.

overpowered worries...

The hell you say?

CrimsonChampion
June 12th, 2010, 20:07
The only worries we had was that the enemies were overpowered...

ReikaMichiko
June 12th, 2010, 20:20
Well I guess you can worry even more now?

Xcenocide
June 12th, 2010, 20:29
I regret to inform that due to certain changes in my daily life, I will at least for the time being be unable to participate in the campaign. I can only hope you all will be able to have a good time from here on out.

ReikaMichiko
June 12th, 2010, 20:51
Blah im also not in the mood to DM today. Just feels shitty.

Crimson message that guy you sent to me about joining and tell him hes in. As for the game we'll play next week if the group doesnt fall apart by then.

CrimsonChampion
June 12th, 2010, 20:58
Damnit xeno. I wait all week for you games bob! Damn you! DAMN YOU ALL!

Stealthfox16
June 12th, 2010, 21:33
Hey, I'm a friend of Brahms and I'd like to join in as a rogue.

MikeParham
June 18th, 2010, 20:04
Just a heads up guys...wife and I are going out of town tonight until tomorrow night. Unlikely to be back in time for the game. Still interested for when/if we all do get together again.

ReikaMichiko
June 19th, 2010, 00:53
We wont be, mike.

Sorry guys i know i put you through gaming hell only to come out and do this again, but honestly it was a poor decision on my part to try DMing again.

Im in a depressive state and it just makes doing any sort of activity a chore.

CrimsonChampion
June 19th, 2010, 06:19
Wtf man. Seriously.

Well, There's still a spot open for my game for sunday if anyone is interested. Game might not happen this sunday due to lack of people, but might substitute it for this monday, then play next sunday. Let me know if you're interested. Johan? Mike?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=91450#post91450

Might even try to run one on saturdays too.

Spooner
June 19th, 2010, 06:43
i like saturdays. 8}

MikeParham
June 20th, 2010, 01:21
I would favor late on Saturdays as well.

I usually wrap up my live game around Five PM Eastern time, so could join a group that starts sometime after that.