PDA

View Full Version : Rolemaster Crashing

CDBoulton
May 16th, 2010, 12:42
Hi I am very new to this application. Has anyone had problems with activating the modules (ie books) and then you go to check out a table in (say) Arms Law and it crashes completely (ie windows blue screen of death type stuff)? Chris

GunnarGreybeard
May 16th, 2010, 14:11
I have it and have been messing around with it for about a month or so. No problems here although its only been me and 2 others connecting up till now.

ddavison
May 16th, 2010, 14:22
How many books are you activating at once? Rolemaster's modules currently use a lot of memory and this can sometimes cause problems for people running on 32-bit versions of an Operating System -- which is most people. We are working on some changes to the core application to provide a better method of loading modules other than loading the entire data structure into memory upon load. Unfortunately we haven't got far enough into to give an ETA yet.

Moon Wizard
May 16th, 2010, 18:26
Also, memory limits usually just cause the application to crash, not take Windows down also. What version of Windows are you running?

I haven't seen any BSoD issues in Vista or 7. They are usually video driver related when they do happen. You can try updating your video driver to see if that helps.

Regards,
JPG

CDBoulton
May 17th, 2010, 12:40
Hi, thanks for your quick reply. I am trying open all books at once. System is 32-bit Windows Vista Professional. When you say video driver related, how do I check update the driver in my system? I have run a basic Norton Utilities check but this has not helped. I agree that it may not be a program issue on your part but am just looking for some good tips to sort it out - your end or mine.

Thanks again.

Chris

Moon Wizard
May 18th, 2010, 00:56
You can get the latest video drivers from the manufacturer of your video card. (ASUS, EVGA, MSI, ...) Or you can get reference drivers from the graphics chip manufacturer for your video card. (ATI, NVidia, ...)

Windows Update will also sometimes suggest driver updates for you, and it places these in the optional updates section. Try looking there to see if any are already queued up for you.

Regards,
JPG