PDA

View Full Version : Players not getting Extension code?

steev42
May 15th, 2010, 00:29
I was working on debugging my Pathfinder extension that's been giving me so much trouble. Opened up the script file in question, added printouts at the entry and exit of every method. Then, had a player jump on and do some work for me.

Here's what I told her to do...
Steev42 [7:03 PM]: 1) Create a new character
Steev42 [7:03 PM]: 2) Add a level on the front page.
Steev42 [7:03 PM]: 3) Go to the skills tab.
Steev42 [7:03 PM]: 4) Check one of hte class skill boxes.
Steev42 [7:04 PM]: 5) Tell it you have 2 ranks to assign.
Steev42 [7:04 PM]: 6) Assign the two ranks (one to the class skill), and click on the checkbox.
Steev42 [7:04 PM]: 7) Close the character.
Steev42 [7:04 PM]: 8) Email me the console.log file.

I followed the same steps on my side...but the console.log couldn't be more different. For one, her's picked up on a earlier debug line that I'd placed within the D20_JPG ruleset (same file). So, she wasn't getting to the extension code at all. Her skills page had but a single skill (I think it's usually Intimidate, so right in the middle of the list).

Can anyone help me figure out why my players aren't getting the extension code and/or how to force it across when they log on?

(I've included both console.log files for reference--you can see the vast difference.)

Zeus
May 15th, 2010, 08:01
You could ask the affected test player to delete their client cache for the campaign you are hosting, this will ensure the extension is transferred to the client upon next connection.

The file (*.dat) will be located under the cache subfolder in the FGII app data subfolder on the client machine(s). Locate the campaign folder name under cache and delete the .dat file within.

Then have them reconnect and try again.

steev42
May 16th, 2010, 03:55
The problem is that this was the first time that player had connected to that campaign. I created a new one for the test of the extension. I now have two of my six players with this issue. It's getting to the point that I'd considering moving to a different VTT. :(

Moon Wizard
May 16th, 2010, 04:16
Please send a note to [email protected] with the following information:

* What ruleset are you using as the basis for your extension?
* Which version of the ruleset are you using?
* Does this happen every time you create a new campaign?
* Does this happen on every client machine, or only on some?
* Also, please send a copy of the extension you are trying to use.

Thanks,
JPG

ddavison
May 16th, 2010, 06:12
I would recommend the cache clearing for those two affected players. When the extension changes between editions, we have seen that players are still using an older version pulled from their cache.