PDA

View Full Version : 3.5e Intro to Fantasy Grounds (One-Shot Session)

Izumneth
May 14th, 2010, 17:10
All,

I've converted an old Dungeon adventure as a one-shot. I'm hoping it'll enable me to learn running a FG game, and I'm sure many of you might be looking for your first FG session.

Think of this as that opportunity. All I ask is that you use the PHB only to create your character and be on time to the session.

Ideally, I'm looking for mature, patient people who desperately want to find a game and are committed to being punctual. For this first one-shot, I'll be going non-voice (FG-only).

If you're interested, say so in this thread and PM me with your basic character class/race/concept. If you give me a hook, I'll work it into the session. Lastly, dockside/sailor exposure will add good flavor, but anything's welcome.

I've posted the session to the calendar here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=493

Thanks,

Iz.

ragboy
May 14th, 2010, 17:18
I'm in on this one. Jack Fletcher, an ex-sailor who's down on his luck and has resorted to a little shoplifting and 2nd story work.

Donegal
May 14th, 2010, 18:58
I'd love to play. What time do you imagine the game going to?

Izumneth
May 14th, 2010, 19:18
If we were at the table, I'd estimate 3 hours. Since this is a learning session, it'll be background-light, and so I'm hoping we can do it in 4. I know that's aggressive, but I can scale accordingly to get us done by midnight; at the halfway point, I can then ask the group if they want to make a single-shot into a double-shot of awesomeness.

I'm flexible, as the goal is to learn, play with folks, and then begin my Expedition to Castle Ravenloft campaign to those that are interested.

imperatrix
May 14th, 2010, 20:59
In like Flynn! : D

M113A2
May 14th, 2010, 23:00
perfect been looking for a weekday game to learn on.

Bronsonortiz
May 14th, 2010, 23:42
I too am trying to get familliar with FG2 and looking to eventually DM a campaign. I'd love to join your session, even if to just watch, but would definately rather participate. half-elf/rogue CN (or what ever else would fit your setting)