PDA

View Full Version : Changing thr roll dice d20 to d6

dm-crazy
May 14th, 2010, 15:59
well,i want to change the main Char sheet passive Insight and perception rolls (that uses skill like reference) for a simple D6 roll (force force points use) ,im trying to creating a Star Wars saga Ruleset.

Zeus
May 14th, 2010, 16:09
Do you mean to say that you want to use the existing 4E ruleset and modify it to create a SW Saga Edition ruleset?

If so, I'm confused as I thought there was a SW Saga ruleset already. See the FGWiki.

If you really do want to introduce a new roll type into the 4E ruleset, you could take a look at my House Rules extension for 4E as an example reference. In that extension I register a new roll type called 'fumble' which can be used with the throwDice() method and a new handler onFumbleDiceLanded().

The extension can be downloaded from my FGII D&D 4E Resource page (see sig).

dm-crazy
May 14th, 2010, 16:38
Well, in 4e ruleset, the oiginal rolls is d20 based in skill check, but i want the cut that and creat a simple D6 roll for force points usage! (bcuz we dont have insight check in Sta Wars) :)

Zeus
May 14th, 2010, 16:58
Do you want ALL skill rolls to be d6 based instead of d20 or just the Passive Perception and Passive Insight skills?

dm-crazy
May 14th, 2010, 17:04
Just the passives skills, bcuz that is useless in Star Wars Saga :) (the other skills is based in d20 rolls) :D

dm-crazy
May 14th, 2010, 17:14
Well i will change the label Passive Skill to Force Points and the Passive perception to Dark Side Points... :) (i know where i can change that, is in Xml char sheet) ;)

Zeus
May 14th, 2010, 17:16
I can create a small extension for you over this weekend which introduces a new roll type called 'forcepoints' and registers a new roll handler for a 'forcepoints' roll called processForcePointsRoll() if that helps.

But I'm not sure what you want the rolls to do when they land, just report the sum?

Also what new labels do you want for the Passive Insight and Perception fields on the Character Sheet?

dm-crazy
May 14th, 2010, 17:20
Passive Insight -> Force Points; Passive Perception -> Dark Side Points
(just the simple d6 roll)
Ty for excelent Support friend! :)

Zeus
May 14th, 2010, 17:22
No worries, that should be quite straightforward.

Did you succeed in changing the Skill names you wanted. If not add the new Skill Names to this post as well as which original 4E ones they replace and I'll add them in as well.

dm-crazy
May 14th, 2010, 17:28
a simple question: how i can change one d20 roll to d6 roll?! for example i want create a new skill entry like Force point, but that skill roll is d6 not d20 roll, but i want to change only that skill roll! :D

dm-crazy
May 14th, 2010, 17:30
i already changed the skills names! :) (with some house rules like climb, swin, and jump is now Athletics,like 4e) :)