PDA

View Full Version : 4E GMT - New Players campaign (crosspost)

Grey Hunter
May 14th, 2010, 08:28
Just crossposting this here in case some people don't visit the Guild Hall.

So, I'm a new member here, and I've been playing around with the FG program and have just spent a week reading the 4E rules, and I'm ready for a game. I also know the problem here is the same as it is in most places, there are more players looking for games than GM's.

So, being a firm believer in doing things myself, and also that challenge is the first step of adventure, I'm planning to try GM'ing a game, aimed at people, like me, who are interested in getting to D&D but don't have the opportunity.

I'm thinking of running A Keep on Shadowfell, to make my life a little easier when I'm learning a new system and program at the same time, but I'm also up for a more unique setting if the players would prefer that.

I'm a fairly quick learner, but the first few sessions are likely to be slow as I get my head around the program and the Rules

This is a GMT game, but I'm free, in theory, any night of the week bar weds, so actual times can be arranged around peoples preferences.

So, is anyone interested? post here or Pm me if you are, and we'll see how many people we can get together. I'm aiming for 5 PC's, but we'll see how that goes.

(Although if a more experienced player wants to try their hands at GMing, I'm fine with that as well.)

Agora
May 14th, 2010, 23:57
I'll be purchasing the software sometime soon, once I slightly familiarize myself with everything I'd love to join a game. I also might DM something once I get the hang of things.

Grey Hunter
May 15th, 2010, 09:52
Great, if you can do weekend afternoons, then there is an American in the guild hall that makes 3 people - that's half way there!

Agora
May 16th, 2010, 15:42
Hmm, I probably can't. Man I hate being on open availability. I only have Tuesday and Thursday off right now. Granted I know my schedule two weeks in advance, but it always changes from week to week

Skizzt
May 20th, 2010, 16:38
I am totally in! If there is a spot Pm for details

MagicMitch
May 20th, 2010, 20:31
Aye I'm up for it too. Been looking for UK players and finally found some :D

Artaron
May 20th, 2010, 23:48
Hi ! I missed this in the guildhall. I'd be interested too, but I don't know the 4E rules yet, is there a big difference with 3.0/3.5 ? I'm free weekdays and weekends at the moment, but would prefer to leave at least some weekends open. Let's see what you guys say about weekday availability or a possible variable day.

Grey Hunter
May 21st, 2010, 05:31
Well, from struggling to find anyone we seem to have gone too many people - but I've only had 2 PM's so far, so I'm going to switch to a first come first served in the biggest timeslot.

So PM me your interest please.

Grey Hunter
June 1st, 2010, 17:20
I've only had two replies to my last PM, So I thought I'd post that we're still looking for people.

jbear
June 3rd, 2010, 22:41
I've only had two replies to my last PM, So I thought I'd post that we're still looking for people.

Ok, well... seeing the date of your last post was the day before yesterday then it looks like I might be just in time!

In the thread you already had 6 players and had decided on Saturday, but that was halfway through last May, so has that changed.

As I said in the Guildhall, I just bought the program today... and I don't know how to PM you just yet (I'll figure it out as soon as I post this!) as I don't know my way around the forum (3rd Post!).

Well, I'd love to play with you. Unfortunately I know KotShadowfell, but that is okay. I'd prefer to play in your own campaign, even if there was some initial fumbling of the rules. Rules are secondary to fun anyway. I'm a dad with two kids. So they are in bed by 8pm, which is when I become free. Spanish time, so GMT+1 if I'm not mistaken. I've pottered around the program and made myself a character (Dragonborn Warlord). I'd also be more than happy to DM for you in my own campaign in the future once I've mastered the program. I know 4e rule system pretty well, but I'm very patient, so pacing is not an issue.

Once I figure out where the PM function is I'll PM you my email address.

It must be frustrating that so many initially interested have flaked on you. i'll
do my very best not to do the same.

Fallst
June 12th, 2010, 19:52
Are you still in need of new players?
I'm in EST time, so I guess 5 hours before GMT time-wise.
I'm new to the program, but I know 4e pretty well.
Throw me a PM if you do want me for it, I'd really like to play some.

gschlosser
July 10th, 2010, 23:44
I am going to purchase the software once I find a game, so if it is not too late, count me in!

Greg Schlosser
[email protected]
810-423-3274

Jakadasnake
July 13th, 2010, 03:35
if you're still in need of new players I was thinking of purchasing the software if I could find a group to play with. Let me know! I prefer playing cleric ;)