PDA

View Full Version : Token types what kinds do you use?

zpu
May 12th, 2010, 13:57
I'm building a set of tokens that match a sci-fi skin I'm almost finished with (HERE (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12302) is a link to the thread). I would like to know if anyone uses tokens for more than player/npc/monster representation. I don't see any token packs that contain anything other than "people" pictures and I wondered if anyone used tokens for things like traps and treasure boxes. I had an idea to do an entire set with things like chests, traps, locked doors, secret doors, robots, space ships, and map decorations. I tend to build blank maps and use the tokens to fill in the furniture and the like. Just taking up a "poll" on what kinds of tokens would people like to see or the kinds most DM's even use. :p

https://www.deadserver.org/Files/Token_Resized.png

tdewitt274
May 12th, 2010, 14:03
I've been starting to compile a set of different "fluff" items by snagging items from different maps.

The issue that I have with "painted on" items, somebody always wants to flip the table. This would come in really handy with a Supers game.

zpu
May 12th, 2010, 15:09
I'm not a big fan of the painted on stuff. I have a set of paper tokens for things like tables, chairs, computers, ect. This is great on table maps at home. I want to pair the digital versions with sets of maps that have spaces for things so you can re-arrange the rooms every time you use the maps. Allowing for the same layout to be used more than once, I love fluff items.

Zeus
May 12th, 2010, 18:42
I have multiple sets of tokens for my FGII 4E games and I very much use them for anything thats dynamic in my games. So far I have compiled:

- Monster Tokens for all current 4E rulebooks
- NPCs
- PCs for all current classes and races
- Traps and Hazards
- Area of Effect (Blast, Burst and Wall)
- Dungeon Tiles (furniture, items, room/area features and dressings) - DU1-DU5
- Generic Markers (A-Z, Arrows and Pointers)

So far the count is 956 unique tokens. Each token type is implemented as either disc based or frameless with monster tokens available in multiple sizes starting at 50x50 and ending at 250x250.

I typically have the following sets under my tokens/shared subfolder:

- PCs for all current classes and races
- Area of Effect (Blast, Burst and Wall)

And the remaining sets in either the modules themselves or in my tokens/host subfolder.

zpu
May 13th, 2010, 03:04
Wow, that is pretty amazing. You think a custom sci-fi set is worth releasing?