PDA

View Full Version : GMT 4E - New player campaign.

Grey Hunter
May 11th, 2010, 15:54
So, I'm a new member here, and I've been playing around with the FG program and have just spent a week reading the 4E rules, and I'm ready for a game. I also know the problem here is the same as it is in most places, there are more players looking for games than GM's.

So, being a firm believer in doing things myself, and also that challenge is the first step of adventure, I'm planning to try GM'ing a game, aimed at people, like me, who are interested in getting to D&D but don't have the opportunity.

I'm thinking of running A Keep on Shadowfell, to make my life a little easier when I'm learning a new system and program at the same time, but I'm also up for a more unique setting if the players would prefer that.

I'm a fairly quick learner, but the first few sessions are likely to be slow as I get my head around the program and the Rules

This is a GMT game, but I'm free, in theory, any night of the week bar weds, so actual times can be arranged around peoples preferences.

So, is anyone interested? post here or Pm me if you are, and we'll see how many people we can get together. I'm aiming for 5 PC's, but we'll see how that goes.

(Although if a more experienced player wants to try their hands at GMing, I'm fine with that as well.)

panther553212
May 11th, 2010, 16:09
If this were to be run on say sunday at 7 or 8 your time which would be 1 or 2 ish in the US I would be interested. I couldn't do a weekday though since I would be at work.

Grey Hunter
May 12th, 2010, 16:01
If this were to be run on say sunday at 7 or 8 your time which would be 1 or 2 ish in the US I would be interested. I couldn't do a weekday though since I would be at work.

Yeah, I hadn't thought about that, a weekend would open it up to the US people. its easier to go back around the globe timewise than forward.

karmadef
May 15th, 2010, 14:25
Any day bar Sunday Tuesday and Friday is good for me

Grey Hunter
May 15th, 2010, 18:18
Add Agora from the 4E forums, and that makes four of us. only one or two more players needed.

karmadef
May 15th, 2010, 18:38
Awesome just need to figure out how this program works, I take it we are prob looking at a Sat around 7 or 8 GMT then?

Grey Hunter
May 15th, 2010, 19:30
Yep - But we can't start for a couple of weeks, next Sat is my brothers birthday, so I will be otherwise occupied.

But it'll give us time to fill the remaining slots and learn the program.

Hmm, I better see to sorting out port forwarding for the program.....

Ebeny
May 16th, 2010, 21:19
Hey I'd be very interested in a game like yours if you still have a spot available. Weekends would be best for me, but I could work with other days.

Edit- Oh I am new to FG so I'd be learning (Hope thats cool).

karmadef
May 16th, 2010, 23:40
Looks like most of us will just be learning the program.

Valhal
May 16th, 2010, 23:44
I would really like to join in if you still got a spot. and yeah im brand spankin new to FG as well.

Grey Hunter
May 18th, 2010, 07:46
So that makes 5 players (four PCs and a DM), as Agora can't make the sat afternoon time. Thats enough to make this thing a reality. (Although, if someone else wants to join in, there's still time - Hint Hint.)

Is everyone happy with a noob GM? - that is, I'm a noob to 4E, not to GMing, I've done a fair bit of Shadowrun GMing in the past. On that count, would you guys prefer A Keep on Shadowfell, or should I take a bash at putting together one of my own campaigns - I have an idea (ideas are never a problem), but the exacution may be a bit off while I learn the system.
I'm sure I know the Rules well enough now to run the game without to many problems, but if one of you guys would rather GM, I don't mind passing the hat to someone with a little more 4E experiance.

So, once we've picked a campaign, we can get the characters sorted - is everyone good for the 29th of this month as a date for the first session?

If you want to email me, feel free, or we can do the organization here. Two weeks should be plenty of time to work out the precampaign stuff, so session 1 can be all about figuring out how to use the FGII program. - And getting into the story of course.

Looking forward to playing with you guys.

Grey.

EDIT - and a new page. thats fitting somehow.

Turkey-San
May 18th, 2010, 17:17
Hey, hope im not too late, ive been looking for a session for aaages. Im new to actually playing D&D but have read all the book to 3e and 4e. Would love to play if there is any space left :)
Thanks

*edit* Id be free every week night bar friday, and sunday nights. If this clashes with other peoples preferences then ill obviously back down :)

Grey Hunter
May 18th, 2010, 17:36
Thats cool, we have space.

current tentative time is 7/8pm Saturday nights. But we can finalize that now we have 6 people.

jbear
June 3rd, 2010, 21:49
Ahhh too late! Already 6 players! And Saturday. A shame on both counts.

Finally a 4e game going in Europe, and for newbies to FG... almost perfect. I was getting my hopes up on the first page of the thread.

I guess I'll have to do what you have done and start my own game. (I just bought FG this afternoon, and was kind of hoping to learn by playing first). A weekday would have been better or Sunday even.

If I was you, you could run a few encounters from KotS just to get a feel for the system and then restart on your own campaign. Unless you really build your own story around the module to add some depth to it, you might find it a bit lacking in story and RP value.

Anyway, I hope you all have a blast!

ShadeRaven
June 3rd, 2010, 22:52
Ahhh too late! Already 6 players! And Saturday. A shame on both counts.

Finally a 4e game going in Europe, and for newbies to FG... almost perfect. I was getting my hopes up on the first page of the thread.

I guess I'll have to do what you have done and start my own game. (I just bought FG this afternoon, and was kind of hoping to learn by playing first). A weekday would have been better or Sunday even.

If I was you, you could run a few encounters from KotS just to get a feel for the system and then restart on your own campaign. Unless you really build your own story around the module to add some depth to it, you might find it a bit lacking in story and RP value.

Anyway, I hope you all have a blast!
JBear, you should ask if they would allow you to lurk/listen in on one of their nights. Even a single night of watching a game in action, seeing how various features and events are handled, can be a great aid to the learning curve. Most hosts don't mind someone watching in as long as they are respectful and don't interfere with the game play - saving questions for natural breaks (usually before or after the session) and as time allows.

jbear
June 3rd, 2010, 23:17
JBear, you should ask if they would allow you to lurk/listen in on one of their nights. Even a single night of watching a game in action, seeing how various features and events are handled, can be a great aid to the learning curve. Most hosts don't mind someone watching in as long as they are respectful and don't interfere with the game play - saving questions for natural breaks (usually before or after the session) and as time allows.

Thanks, that sounds like a good suggestion. There may still be a glimmer of hope of getting into the game yet, if what I have read in the 4e forum post by the same group is correct!

Seems like many have said yes but the game has yet to come together and the players to be finalised.

Grey Hunter
June 5th, 2010, 08:04
So that makes 3 players (and a DM). anyone else out there lurking? I'm not picky.

Ricky88
June 6th, 2010, 01:18
I'm completely new to Fantasy Grounds and D&D (apart from Neverwinter nights, Icewind Dale stuff), I never got the opportunity to try it as there was no one else interested in my area.
That said I would be really interested in joining in if youre still looking, that is if everyone would be cool with having somebody who was learning as they go.

Grey Hunter
June 6th, 2010, 05:20
Yep, we're still looking.

I've sent out another group PM.

Burn the Witch
June 12th, 2010, 22:00
Hi,

I'm also completely new to FG and D&D. I'm somewhat familiar with the rules (it's my sort of thing, I've read both 3rd and 4th ed. but never played as there's no one interested in my area). If you're still looking, I'd be greatly interested in joining, or at the least observing quietly. Any evening is usually good for me, or any time of the day on weekends.

9Ton
June 13th, 2010, 01:34
Yep, we're still looking.

I've sent out another group PM.

If you're still looking for players I would be interested.
Tho I am totally new to the 4E rules myself (used to play/GM 2nd ed. way back in the day) and FG2 as well (in fact don't even own a copy yet), but I learn fast. I also haven't played anything in about 10 years as I moved away from my regular group and haven't had enough interest to be able to start a new one.

There might be a slight problem tho, I am moving to Sweden in a week and am not sure when I will have a permanent apartment and thus a permanent internet, it might only take a week, but it might take 2 months too.
So my playing obviously depends on when you are starting.

EDIT: Best time to play would be Friday-Saturday, but other times might be possible too, but I do work for a living, so I need my sleep.

Artaron
June 13th, 2010, 21:28
I'm still interested. I'm at GMT+1 so friendly hour please. One we have a group we should discuss availabilities. I'm new to 4e and thinking of trying a warlock, or similar

jbear
June 13th, 2010, 22:09
Well if my math is correct at the moment we have 5 players or even 6? Am I right? Which seems like a pretty ideal number. I'd been keen to give this a crack as soon as we can organise a time!

karmadef
June 13th, 2010, 23:32
I'm still very much so interested, planning on doing a Control focused Wizard, more than likley human, again any day bar Tuesday, Friday or Sunday is good for me about 7pm would be the best time if its a week day and anytime after 1pm on Saturdays (GMT)

Toar
June 14th, 2010, 03:44
Hi, I'm still interested. The best time for me would be on Saturday around 5-6pm GMT...planning on being a wizard or striker...

Grey Hunter
June 14th, 2010, 05:28
Thanks for the replies guys, the whole PM thing was being a bit twitchy.

I'm available any weeknight and sat/sun after midday. (I work the occasional weekend morning.)

When Magic wakes up, that will give us 5 people. He's the one who I've heard from the most, so its not fair to not include him.

Artaron
June 14th, 2010, 11:16
Karmadef, I like your suggestion of 1pm on saturdays (GMT) for an early afternoon game.

MagicMitch
June 14th, 2010, 14:25
:O yes :O woot

Toar
June 14th, 2010, 15:33
Hmm...can't wait to play...any idea of the campaign?

Grey Hunter
June 14th, 2010, 19:03
Well, the options are A keep on Shadowfell or one of my own, which will start in one of three flavours.

1) "Lets get out of the boring village we have grown up in."
2) "Let Help this boring village we're staying in.
3) WTF! How did we get here? WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!

jbear
June 14th, 2010, 19:28
Option Number 3! What the Hell is that!

Saturday during the day is not a good option for me. I have children and that's when we do stuff together. I can do any night GMT+1 (8.30pm on which works out as 7.30 GMT if I'm not mistaken... 8pm GMT would be even better probably). If we were to play on Saturdays my presence will be irregular.

I'd play a Dragonborn Warlord. So we have healing!

karmadef
June 14th, 2010, 23:09
No. 3 is always fun times for all :)

Burn the Witch
June 14th, 2010, 23:48
Most people love a good mystery, number 3 sounds like fun.

Also, I know I replied further down the thread, but are you okay if I watch the game if I don't get a spot in the party?

If I were to play, I'd probably pick a Human Cleric though!

Grey Hunter
June 15th, 2010, 07:56
I don't mind running with 6 people, but even if we end up with to many, I don't mind the odd watcher.

If we do go for option 3, My (evil) plan would get round the whole "how do the characters meet" section, as you'll not meet each other before the game starts. Therefore any bios you write don't have to match up.

Hmm, I better get planning out that idea in more detail....

9Ton
June 15th, 2010, 15:44
If there is one part I've always loved about RPGs, it's the "how the characters meet".
I've been in groups where the macho BS has been so heavy that it has filled sessions all on it's own. Makes the GMs job a lot easier in a way too, as long as the characters don't kill themselves, tho in Cyberpunk that happened too.

Anyway, if this thing is still going/not started by the time I get my internet, I'd love to be a part of the group. I'm right now thinking of getting the full pack tho, just to have something to mess around with while I wait.

jbear
June 15th, 2010, 23:43
Just because we are in a strange place seeing strange things and have no memory of how we got there or who the rest of the freaks with us are, does not necessarily mean we haven't met before :)

Grey Hunter
June 16th, 2010, 07:26
Right, Here is a quick update of the information I have so far.

Artaton - Warlock - No Firm time preference

jbear - Dragonborn Warlord - Monday to Friday or Sunday

karmadef - Human (?) Wizard - any day bar Tuesday, Friday or Sunday

Toar - Wizard or Striker - Any day around 5-6pm GMT

MagicMitch - Whatever is left, just get me a game - Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed or Thursday

Burn the Witch - No time preference stated - Human Cleric

9Ton - On standby, going to lose the internet for a while.

So we have 6 players ready to go, and a decent spread of classes. we just need to hammer out the time, so if Artaton and Burn the Witch can give us an idea of time, then we can try and get something that fits the most people.

Someone may get left out, as with 6 players, if we can't fit someone in with the rest of the group, then odd one out will have to stand aside.
I would like to get everyone in, but I'm a realist.

Spooner
June 16th, 2010, 08:00
I would like to play if thats alright, but i'd need some time to get the book and change my schedule around with work. unfortunately, my only free days are tues/thurs and most saturdays, which makes it a bitch to find groups. still got room?

-Rogue

Grey Hunter
June 16th, 2010, 08:12
Not really, unless one of the above drops out - I don't want to run with more than 6 people, it will just slow everything down to much.

Spooner
June 16th, 2010, 08:31
yeah, ah well. geuss im just too slow. gl to you guys 8)

Toar
June 16th, 2010, 08:53
Correction...it looks like I'll be able to play any day but it has to be 5 or 6pm GMT..

jbear
June 16th, 2010, 14:18
So Monday, Wednesday and Sunday kind of stand out as being on everyones list according to your resumen GreyHunter. I guess we just have to nail down a time. 7.30 GMT is the earliest I can play.

Also, seeing the list of characters, and that there are two leaders, two possible wizards and a ranged striker I think we might be lacking a bit of muscle up front so I think I will play a defender, probably a fighter.

9Ton
June 16th, 2010, 17:02
I might as well pick up the required human paladin spot, whenever it is that I
will get my internet to work that is.

I also got now have the client, so I'm pretty much ready, as long as I get the
move out of the way and get setup in Sweden.
(also have looked into getting the 4E players guides, so might have those by
the time I can start playing)

BTW, is there any tutorials on how to make a character? In FG that is.

Artaron
June 16th, 2010, 17:14
To confirm time and day.I prefer tuesdays and saturdays overall and can definitely not do thursdays and saturdays. if not tuesday or saturday then my alternate choice would be monday, then wednesday. I can play end of afternoon/beginning of evening GMT if for example like Toar suggest you want to play at 5GMT that's fines by me

karmadef
June 16th, 2010, 19:50
5GMT is out for me any day bar Saturday I'm in work till then and don't usually get back until 6ish.

jbear
June 16th, 2010, 21:47
I might as well pick up the required human paladin spot, whenever it is that I
will get my internet to work that is.

I also got now have the client, so I'm pretty much ready, as long as I get the
move out of the way and get setup in Sweden.
(also have looked into getting the 4E players guides, so might have those by
the time I can start playing)

BTW, is there any tutorials on how to make a character? In FG that is.
The Paladin became cool in 4e when Divine Power came out. It was quite a bit behind the curve when the PHB1 came out. So your going to want to check that out probably.

As for making a character on FG... it wasn't exactly intuitive but I got there after messing around a bit. As for tutorials... I didn't find anything step by step abc guide taking you through the process. I know that on the site in the library there is a 4e users guide but i haven't looked at it yet...

jbear
June 16th, 2010, 22:00
Hmmm... 5 oclock GMT... That's so early... I'm getting one of those bad feelings that you get when someone says someone might have to be left out ... like you already know if it's going to be anyone, it's going to be you.

5 oclock to what, 8 or so? As opposed to 7 til 10? Is that becuase you're both in different time zones? (Aartaron and Toar, I mean).

I'll bite my tongue, cross my fingers, click my heels three times and hope for the best.

Grey Hunter
June 17th, 2010, 05:37
https://i46.tinypic.com/11m6k9u.jpg

Here's a little matrix with everyone's preferences on. Tuesdays would mean no Karmadef, Thursdays no Artaton, and Saturdays no MagicMitch.
Mondays and Wednesdays would depend on Artaton.

5pm is a little early for me, but I could do 6/7.

jbear
June 17th, 2010, 09:31
I should really have a red square on Saturday as well.

5pm is out for me definitely. And playing at 6pm GMT would probably mean a divorce. I guess I'll have to put on my Cap of Negotiation and see what I can wrangle. I could probably log on, read through the text I'd missed and incorporate myself, appearing from the shadows (maybe I should play a Rogue :) )when the kids were in bed. At 7ish. What length of sessions are we talking about? 3 or 4 hours?

Anyway, thinking in positive, I've rolled up a fighter (well not really... point buy actually). He's a longtooth shifter fighter. I even got all excited and sketched him out last night. I could probably do that for everyone's characters if I end up playing (wink wink, nudge nudge 8) ). But maybe I have jumped the gun. Grey Hunter, are there any restrictions on the campaign that we should know about? Or can I use the material on the Character Builder? Are we playing in a Homebrew Campaign world or somewhere set like Eberron, Forgotten Realms etc. I ask as I am rumbling ideas over for possible back stories. So far his second language is Draconic and he has a brand on his arm that says Slave. He has disfigured it himself with a knife, slashing an X through it leaving a nasty scar. His Intelligence is abysmal (8), so I was thinking he was born into Slavery, his masters spoke Draconic (Dragonborn, Dragonprinces... Kobolds ...? hehehe.) and he never had a chance to learn. Actually the only name he ever knew was Slave. Having slightly limited vocabulary and rather limited creativity, now free, he calls himself "Noslave". Maybe, later on in the campaign, his deeds will earn him a more epic name.

jbear
June 17th, 2010, 09:49
Here is a look at Noslave. Thought I'd share.

Burn the Witch
June 17th, 2010, 09:59
Just to reconfirm that any evening type-time is good for me. I'm a student, just having finished my BA and heading towards an MA in October, so any time is good! I'll be grabbing a summer job for the holidays, but it will be standard work hours, so any evening time is good and I can construct other commitments around it.

Edit: That drawing is awesome! I would post my own, but I can't go much above stick figures in MS Paint.

Grey Hunter
June 17th, 2010, 10:15
So its looking like the weekends are out - too many people have a social life it seems. ;).

7:00pm weeknights GMT seems logical, that gives us a good 3-4 hours a session before everyone needs to be tucked up in bed. (I'm one of these sick people who wakes up, with no alarm at 5:00am every morning, so anything past 11:00pm will kill me, and thats 10:00pm GMT when the stupid clocks go forwards. - goddam farmers!

As for the Character, he seems fine - every party needs a dim member to send down a corridor they think is trapped.
And the art is great, I'm the pauper in a family of artists, and can only manage some 3D work, doodles and photoshop.

I'm now currently thinking a homebrew. I got stuck in London yesterday and wrote 5 pages of notes on a campaign idea. What I have planned will have no restrictions on background - where you come from won't make any difference to the story.

Grey Hunter
June 17th, 2010, 10:25
Cool Burn the Witch.

Why do I feel like I'm hearding cats. ah well, it'll be good practice for the game :)

Here's a Example of my poor self taught 3D work.

Toar
June 17th, 2010, 16:35
Okay, so which day we will start? and which books can we use?

Grey Hunter
June 17th, 2010, 17:03
I have PHBI and II, the DM guide I and MMI. but I also have a D&D insider account, so I can check your characters from PHBIII (which several companies I use have tried to sell me today.) using the character creator.

jbear
June 17th, 2010, 18:00
So in theory we can play Hybrids? That throws a cat amongst the pidgeons...

If we are light on melee characters, I'll play this fighter:

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Noslave, level 1
Longtooth Shifter, Fighter
Fighter: Combat Superiority
Fighter Talents: One-handed Weapon Talent
Background: Grave Digger (+2 to Athletics)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 16, Dex 12, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 10.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 16, Dex 12, Int 8, Wis 12, Cha 10.

AC: 19 Fort: 16 Reflex: 13 Will: 12
HP: 31 Surges: 12 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
Intimidate +5, Endurance +8, Athletics +11, Religion +4

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics -1, Arcana -1, Bluff, Diplomacy, Dungeoneering +2, Heal +2, History -1, Insight +2, Nature +2, Perception +2, Stealth -1, Streetwise, Thievery -1

FEATS
Level 1: Disciple of Divine Wrath

POWERS
Fighter at-will 1: Tide of Iron
Fighter at-will 1: Weapon Master's Strike
Fighter encounter 1: Passing Attack
Fighter daily 1: Villain's Menace

ITEMS
Scale Armor, Heavy Shield, Khopesh, Trident, Mace, Backpack (empty), Belt Pouch (empty), Bedroll, Flint and Steel, Flask (empty), Hammer, Hempen Rope (50 ft.), Pitons (10), Torch, Waterskin
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

If there are more melee characters then I'd play the same character but I'd change him to a Fighter/Runpriest Hybrid and fill a niche as a melee support leader, competent defender... but if I'm all that stands between 2 wizards, a cleric and warlock... *Noslave rolls his eyes, rolls up his sleeves: 'Ok, stand behind me... again.'* ...then I'll stick to the full blown professional defender.

If anyone wants/needs character building help/advice then I'd be more than happy to help. A lot has changed since 3rd edition, and some of the sacred cows are not so sacred now.

Artaron
June 17th, 2010, 18:53
I've seen the availability table, and wednesday would be alright for me as well, I guess.

karmadef
June 18th, 2010, 00:24
So we looking at this Wednesday at 7pm then?

(A day I have off from work anyway yay)

jbear
June 18th, 2010, 00:49
Could it be?! GreyHunter has managed to herd cats! I wonder what the chances are of having a 'pottering around' pre-session just to figure out the program a bit? Would that be possible Grey Hunter? Just to log on and have a mock battle? Obviously with the difficulty of herding us cats, we wouldn't all be able to try FG out all at the same time, but it might still be useful (at least for myself, definitely... even just to sort out things like connection problems etc.)

I'm curious. Are others building their characters yet? What have you come up with?

Grey Hunter
June 18th, 2010, 05:02
7PM Weds looks good to me.

As for a test, that's fine with me, it would be a good idea for some of us to meet up and test connections and things like that.

Hmm, maybe I should start writing up the adventure...

EDIT - for the knock around, shall we say next weds at 7? then we can practice logging in, I can throw a few Kobolds into a room and we can try fighting.
I'll even have them shout a bit to try the conversation options.

Sound like a plan - don't worry if you can't make it, this will just be a test of the program rather than any story.

Burn the Witch
June 18th, 2010, 09:07
Next Wednesday at 7PM sounds excellent, I look forward to it! Time to make my character now I suppose - I'll definitely be going with a Cleric. Probably a human one, but not definitely. It'll all be done from the PHB1 though.

MagicMitch
June 18th, 2010, 17:18
what the hells that :P that should be a good one. But if you feel easier about running Keep then do that i say...

Grey Hunter
June 18th, 2010, 17:27
It's going to be about the same I think.
If you guys are anything like the ones I used to play Shadowrun with, you'd break a printed adventure in three pages, so this is fine.

I'm going to crib from other sources, but you shouldn't notice that.

jbear
June 18th, 2010, 21:22
I've just been making my fighter on the FG program and I'm getting a funny error with the dice. I've asked about it in the House of Healing (technical support issue area) and one of the developers has responded with this message:

There are some limitations to creating characters with FG and the 4E ruleset, especially with the Lite version of FG. I have been stomping them out as I find them, but my main focus is on the core gaming experience.

Most groups have the GM leave the host machine running for a period of time, and allow the players to login and set up their characters in the main campaign, instead of creating locally.

The module state is not remembered in character creation, but it is remembered during the campaign.

Regards,
JPG

I don't entirely understand the answer, but I think he suggests we create characters logged on to your campaign, GreyHunter. I have no idea how you do that, but i have asked. Any chance of logging on individually with you and seeing if I get the same error with my dice roller, or if my character gives any problems? I'd be disappointed to run into a wall on wednesday. I'm hanging out just to even mash kobolds!

jbear
June 19th, 2010, 02:14
Ok, problem solved. A good old uninstall/reinstall did the trick!

Phew!

Grey Hunter
June 19th, 2010, 07:58
I don't mind leaving the game up for a while before the main campaign if that helps people, but I don't see the point for the mess around.

Also, thanks to BT's setup, it looks like I'm going to have to manually change my firewall every time I want to run the game. luckily that's a two minute job, but still.

How are people doing with their characters?

jbear
June 19th, 2010, 09:56
True. If the campaign is ready, I guess there is no point. We could just iron things out as we go along. Jump in the deep end!

Grey Hunter
June 19th, 2010, 19:42
Lets keep Wednesday as a test night, and then set up the first session after that.

karmadef
June 20th, 2010, 05:36
Charcter is mad up just transfering it to FG is a bit of a chore

Stitched
June 20th, 2010, 09:09
I had the same problem. I installed the PHB through my DDI subscription and set it to be "common" so everyone can see it.

Firing up FG2, I try to create a character and the module / libraries are non-existent. Running as GM and running a second instance of FG2, as a player who logs into the campaign, fixes the problem. Once you have added characters to a campaign that has all the modules you need, you can just quit out, fire up FG2 again, and create characters using all the books.

It's tedious and I wish I could track down why it's not working but once it does, it's a dream. :D

jbear
June 20th, 2010, 15:06
So you are playing a wizard Karmadef?

That makes a fighter, a wizard and a cleric... how classic can you get?

What kind of cleric BurntheWitch, melee or distance?

And what about everyone else? Nailed your characters down yet?

Grey Hunter
June 21st, 2010, 07:37
I had the same problem. I installed the PHB through my DDI subscription and set it to be "common" so everyone can see it.

Firing up FG2, I try to create a character and the module / libraries are non-existent. Running as GM and running a second instance of FG2, as a player who logs into the campaign, fixes the problem. Once you have added characters to a campaign that has all the modules you need, you can just quit out, fire up FG2 again, and create characters using all the books.

It's tedious and I wish I could track down why it's not working but once it does, it's a dream. :D

If it really helps that much, then I can set up the "server" and leave it running for 24 hours or so.
Would people like that? I have the PHB's scraped, so it may save you all some time.

karmadef
June 21st, 2010, 19:02
All we need is a rogue plus one Misc and we can be "Generic Adventuring Company"

Grey Hunter
June 21st, 2010, 19:05
Then I'll start you in a 10x10 room with an goblin and a chest.

The server is still up, I had to take it down for a time, but thanks to Toar, I can now get the PHB's to run properly.

Unfortunately, the new time means that Toar will have to drop out, as its 2AM for him.

Actually, I may start you in a 10x10 room tommorow....

Stitched
June 21st, 2010, 19:10
If you need a Rogue, I don't mind playing one, since the game is kind of close to my timezone (GMT +1 Stockholm).

Let me know.

jbear
June 21st, 2010, 21:49
All we need is a rogue plus one Misc and we can be "Generic Adventuring Company"

Nice name!

Misc = Half-Orc Barbarian?

That's a shame about Toar. So how many are we in the end 4 or 5?

jbear
June 21st, 2010, 21:51
Then I'll start you in a 10x10 room with an goblin and a chest.

The server is still up, I had to take it down for a time, but thanks to Toar, I can now get the PHB's to run properly.

Unfortunately, the new time means that Toar will have to drop out, as its 2AM for him.

Actually, I may start you in a 10x10 room tommorow....

Is there a bucket of crap in the corner? If so I'd like to check for the key there! ;p

karmadef
June 21st, 2010, 22:05
Is there a door? I throw the half-orc at the door....

Grey Hunter
June 22nd, 2010, 08:09
I'll see what I can do.

Artaron
June 23rd, 2010, 05:50
After considering the warlock I might finally settle for the paladin class, at least for now. I'm not sure which is more effective between a tank-like chaladin and offensive Straladin, so I'll just have to figure it out by playing. I'm really tempted to try an angry mordekrad swinging dwarf to start with and go from thereIs our resident fighter going to be more offense or defence based ? and having a cleric in the party should I consider dropping lay-on-hands for the ardent vow feat which would limit my healing but improve my damage ? We'll see how it all turns out. See you all in that 10x10 room !

karmadef
June 23rd, 2010, 08:19
From what I can gather Fighters seem to work best as offensive defender? Running in to the biggest guy and hacking him down with a two hander dealing out damage and making them focus on him or feel the wrath of that two hander again if the choose not to?

Grey Hunter
June 23rd, 2010, 09:26
With a Cleric, I'd say your safe to go for a more offensive build,
but you may want to keep the option open, just in case we don't get a warlord, and you need some back up healing when the dragon sets fire to the Cleric.

Burn the Witch
June 23rd, 2010, 11:55
My character is "made" on paper but I've been so busy that I haven't had a chance to make it in FG2 yet! I'll be there tonight though, if the server is up early I will make it before 7.

jbear
June 23rd, 2010, 15:41
After considering the warlock I might finally settle for the paladin class, at least for now. I'm not sure which is more effective between a tank-like chaladin and offensive Straladin, so I'll just have to figure it out by playing. I'm really tempted to try an angry mordekrad swinging dwarf to start with and go from thereIs our resident fighter going to be more offense or defence based ? and having a cleric in the party should I consider dropping lay-on-hands for the ardent vow feat which would limit my healing but improve my damage ? We'll see how it all turns out. See you all in that 10x10 room !

Coincidently, the two classes you are interested in make an absolutely fantastic hybrid!!! Paladin Warlock based all on CHA. With a human you'd get 3 At wills and 2 feats at level 1 making you very versatile... not to mention the +1 on all three Non AC Defenses! Pretty nifty. Pick up a Polearm, Pole Arm flanker feat and Paladin Armour from your hybrid talent... Eldritch Strike as your first at-will (then whatever tickles your fancy... but imagine Eyebite as well), and as it is a melee basic attack you don't have to worry about sub-par Strength. 10 should be fine... hehehehe... I'll carry your bags for you! Voila, a totally awesome maker of a secondary arcane/divine melee reach heavily armoured defender/striker!

I'm a sword and board fighter. I figured if I was going to be the only melee character, I'd better make it as difficult as possible to hit me. But even still, a fighter is pretty decent dame dealer. I've taken weapon master as one of my at wills, so when I use an axe I do 1[w]+str+con damage. I have 16 con so that is +3 from CON which is the average of a +1d6 that rangers get, and they are pure strikers.

Still paladins by themselves can make pretty decent striker/defenders with the Ardent Vow route. When you get access to Bless Weapon (lvl 2) you become the scourge of all Undead. But you'd get that as a Hybrid too ;)

Is Magic Mitch still going to play? He kind of left it totally open as to what he was going to play.

Burn the Witch
June 23rd, 2010, 17:03
Connected like a charm after some twiddling with my BT Router (anyone who has one of these no doubt can share my pain). Character is er...mostly done, still having a few issues with some areas of the creation, but I guess that can be ironed out in a few hours!

jbear
June 23rd, 2010, 22:19
That was fun. Cheers to everyone.

So having a better idea of the group make up, and seeing as how I'm not the only melee character, with your permission GreyHunter, I'd like to play a Fighter/Runepriest Hybrid. At least for when we begin the official campaign.
I ask because you mentioned that you didn't consider any of the characters as final.

Cheers
J

karmadef
June 23rd, 2010, 22:56
If I can figure out how to do it, I might tweak a few of my powers (wanna get a few from Arcane Power)

Burn the Witch
June 24th, 2010, 01:49
I'll be sticking with the Cleric, but tweaking my powers so I actually include healing ones this time.

STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Grey Hunter
June 24th, 2010, 07:44
Poor, Poor Steve.

although he lasted longer as a LVL1 Kobold than my LVL 3 goblin.

Last night went really well, and I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did. There are a few things we need to sort out - but all minor interface issues or noob character mistakes - which is exactly why we had last nights session.

For me its
1) Why do my tokens keep going invisible
2) Stop dragging the damage onto the PC's, Araton dealing 36 points of damage to himself may be funny, but its counterproductive
3) Work out how to mark creatures, I figured out how to apply the weapons effects, but when it came to the fighter (Jbear) marking his two targets, I was stuck.
4) Encounter 1 of the main campaign is going to have to be much tougher than I planned, as Artatons Paladin is a damage dealing kobold splatting machine.

Magicmitch, : it seems the only group we're missing is a striker, are you okay rolling one up - if you'd prefer not, then I don't mind, but if your still undecided, cast your eyes there.

Jbear - Hybrids are PHBIII right? I've not read that, but make one up and I'll get my hands on a copy.

Burn the Witch - A cleric who can heal may be useful. just saying :)

Karmadef - Tweaks are fine, we're all new to this, so I won't penalize any changes before Session one of "What the hell is that" (Working title to put off the paparratzi and other spolier hounds.)

Artaron. - All I can say is get a portrait ;) . Man, can that dwarf deal it out. I thought you had misread the rules when that 6D6 damage came on the screen, I just didn't realize that a level 1 character could do that much damage. when the first encounter of WTHIT murders the rest of the players, its all your fault.

jbear
June 24th, 2010, 14:29
Yes, Hybrids are PHB III, and so are Runepriests. Considering your murderous intents I'm sure 1 more heal fro the group per encounter is probably a good idea.

I'll still be able to mark, but only with my fighter powers. Most of the powers I have chosen are Runepriest powers so far, so I'll be marking less. It would still be useful to know how to apply that to targets... perhaps the same way you apply a condition or ongoing damage?

But, on the up side, several of my powers will allow the dwarf (and everyone else) to hit even harder. I'm also going to be able to give myself THP on a hit... considering my ears are still ringing from the critical hit you landed, I think it's wise. So bring it on!

Here is the build, you can check it out on the CB, even without a copy of PHBIII:

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Jaccob Darkruin, level 1
Human, Fighter|Runepriest
Runic Artistry: Wrathful Hammer
Hybrid Talent: Fighter Combat Talent
Fighter Combat Talent: Battlerager Vigor (Hybrid)
Background: Last of the Breed (Last of the Breed Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 16, Dex 12, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 8.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 16, Dex 12, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 8.

AC: 18 Fort: 16 Reflex: 13 Will: 13
HP: 29 Surges: 11 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
Perception +7, Thievery +6, Endurance +9, Athletics +9

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +1, Arcana, Bluff -1, Diplomacy -1, Dungeoneering +1, Heal +1, History, Insight +1, Intimidate -1, Nature +1, Religion, Stealth +1, Streetwise -1

FEATS
Human: Weapon Proficiency (Craghammer)
Level 1: Hybrid Talent

POWERS
Bonus At-Will Power: Tide of Iron
Hybrid at-will 1: Word of Diminishment
Hybrid at-will 1: Brash Strike
Hybrid encounter 1: Anvil of Battle
Hybrid daily 1: Rune of the Undeniable Dawn

ITEMS
Scale Armor, Light Shield, Craghammer, Javelin, Thieves' Tools, Backpack (empty), Torch (10), Flint and Steel, Belt Pouch (empty)
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

jbear
June 24th, 2010, 15:19
I'll be sticking with the Cleric, but tweaking my powers so I actually include healing ones this time.

STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

I should be able to back you up a little bit with my Hybrid. But just glancing over the paladin's encounter power that did such beastly amounts of damage, and it looks like quite risky business. It lowers all his defenses by 5 for a round... 5! Ouch! I imagine painting a bullseye on his chest is part of the attack. So, I'd say healing will come in handy. But he's a dwarf, he can dish it out and suck it up!

If magicmitch rolls up a Barbarian, they can have competitions of who deals the most ridiculous amounts of damage each round! Or even an elven ranger... they could keep tallies like Legolas and Gimli :D

Artaron
June 24th, 2010, 20:04
Hi everyone ! That session yesterday was good fun.
About my character, firstI've got my portrait sorted out, it's waiting to be used. Secondly about that killer dwarf, don't worry hunter as although he can deal real good damage to one opponent per encounter, he pays for it in numerous ways (lower defence due tu wielding a 2hander, a much lesser ability to mark multiple ennemies than a Cha based pally - less divine sanction powers, and very little damage for breaching them because of no Cha modifier - lesser, bordering on no healing ability - and finally lesser use of class skills such as diplomacy or intimidate, again, due to lower charisma) thus dealing more upfront damage (and after use of the encounter and daily, back to rolling 1W damage anyway), so that should not upset game balance as much as it may have seemed yesterday, when I knew it would just be one room so I coult unleash all I had. I'm basically building a defender that's a bit closer to a striker. Wait till you see the damage MagicMitch is going to do if he picks up an elven ranger.
That being said, I read jbear's comments, and might decided to trade my crazy dwarf for a noble half elf Chaladin. I'll make one just in case. But I like the idea of an agressive dwarf handing out divine retribution to everyone he sees.
Anyway, thanks for the session everyone ! Looking forward to the game !

Artaron
June 24th, 2010, 20:09
Oh and to jbear : I like the Gimli/Legolas idea, although my idea for my character will be a different type of personality as Gimli.
Still if he does pick an elven ranger, particularly an archer, I will definitely be screaming "Eighteen ! Nineteen ! Twenty ! Twenty one !"
Again though, my attack powers may be powerful now, but will become normal at mid-heroic level and redundant at paragon, so I'll have to find new ways to come up with the goods (the goods being goblin brain squishy !)

jbear
June 24th, 2010, 22:10
Oh and to jbear : I like the Gimli/Legolas idea, although my idea for my character will be a different type of personality as Gimli.
Still if he does pick an elven ranger, particularly an archer, I will definitely be screaming "Eighteen ! Nineteen ! Twenty ! Twenty one !"
Again though, my attack powers may be powerful now, but will become normal at mid-heroic level and redundant at paragon, so I'll have to find new ways to come up with the goods (the goods being goblin brain squishy !)

Yeah, it sounds like such a fun idea I'm getting the itch to roll an elven bow ranger myself!!!

You can seriously shore up your challenge at level 2 with that feat that adds STR damage to the damge received if they ignore your challenge. And when you unleash your encounter power, the rest of us can try and coordinate with you and make it as difficult as possible for every monster in the room to turn on you to make the most of the +5 on their attacks. The Cleric could set you up with THPs from Sacred Flame. I can mark someone near you and kind of stand in the way. I'm sure the wizard has a power or two up his sleeve to make it tricky for monsters to get to you.

Hey, imagine if magic mitch played a drow rogue. you could drop your encounter power on someone (probably killing them) and he could come and finish him off and then hide you in his cloud of darkness (effectively giving everyone a -5 to hit you or him while you are inside).

I think everyone enjoyed your thumping dwarven paladin. Are you really going to trade him in for George Michael the Half Elf?

karmadef
June 24th, 2010, 22:50
No Arty must stay!!!!

Grey Hunter
June 25th, 2010, 08:02
Why do I get the feeling that Jbear is a little indecisive in his character....

We just need to know what MagicMitch plans to be.

How are you looking for next weds Art? I need to know if I should be planing more adventures in Generica (what is behind that door?) or the proper campaign (Encounter 1 is now properly buffed.)

Artaron
June 25th, 2010, 12:22
OK jbear, karmadef, you've provoked me now, so I'm using my encounter power on you both ! Big scary dwarf with a big scary hammer it is ! You've put me off "George Michael the Half Elf"
Grey, I am definitely travelling on wednesday, I will be oon the coach at the time of play. Afterward, I'm not sure. I think you should start the campaign. Just npc me or let jbear do it for now, and I will join as soon as I can.

jbear
June 25th, 2010, 14:25
OK jbear, karmadef, you've provoked me now, so I'm using my encounter power on you both ! Big scary dwarf with a big scary hammer it is ! You've put me off "George Michael the Half Elf"
Grey, I am definitely travelling on wednesday, I will be oon the coach at the time of play. Afterward, I'm not sure. I think you should start the campaign. Just npc me or let jbear do it for now, and I will join as soon as I can.
We could carry him around with us in a box...

I'm easy either way. A lot hinges on Magic Mitch. 3 would be too few, and a bit pointless. Either way, I wouldn't be keen to use Artaron's Paladin. Too much responsabilty, especially considering GreyHunter's murderous intentions.

Me...indecisive...? no I'm not... ok, yes I am... No, I'm ... oh, I see...guilty as charged... So many characters I'd like to play and never had the chance. But I was joking about the elf ranger... a bit basic for my liking: I use Twin Strike... again...

I'd like to play the Hybrid I posted. I'm happy to play a pure fighter if it's in group interest. It'd be intersting to know what Magic Mitch was going to play, before making a final decision.

jbear
June 25th, 2010, 14:35
Having another look at the 'Availability Chart', would you be travelling on Monday night as well Artaron? Any chance we could play Monday instead of Wednesday?

I remember you could in theory but that it wasn't very comfortable for you.

Hehe, and then my next thought was ... and we could carry on in generica on wednesday...shivers* Oh dear, I believe the fever has already begun setting in.

jbear
June 28th, 2010, 16:02
Having another look at the 'Availability Chart', would you be travelling on Monday night as well Artaron? Any chance we could play Monday instead of Wednesday?

I remember you could in theory but that it wasn't very comfortable for you.

Hehe, and then my next thought was ... and we could carry on in generica on wednesday...shivers* Oh dear, I believe the fever has already begun setting in.

*Tumble Weed tumbles by. A lonely wolf howls in the distance. Nothing else could be heard except the chirp of the crickets....*

Hehehe... I take it from the sepulchral silence that everyone thought that was a poor idea. :D

Are we still going to mess around on Wednesday in Generica?

*Looks left. Looks right. Ducks. Noone there. Paranoia begins to set in*

I hope I didn't say something wrong... :eek:

karmadef
June 28th, 2010, 18:34
I'm still up for Wednesday

Grey Hunter
June 28th, 2010, 19:20
Worry not my minions, while Artaron is away, we shall continue to delve the depths of Generica - why, you only entered the first room, and (brutally) interrupted the poker night of Karl, Steve and Goblin Skullcleaver, who knows what is behind that door.

The server will be up from about 5:00pm GMT, aiming to kick off as soon as everyone who's coming has turned up.

Now maybe I need to "write" some more Generica.

jbear
June 28th, 2010, 23:30
Any word from Magic Mitch?

Grey Hunter
June 29th, 2010, 07:56
Yeah, he should be there, I'll send out a PM to you all once I can confirm the login details.

jbear
June 29th, 2010, 09:30
Did he mention what character he is going to play?

Grey Hunter
June 29th, 2010, 11:12
Nope, Its going to be a surprise.

Grey Hunter
July 1st, 2010, 10:08
Right, as we've only got four confirmed players as of now, is there anyone else interested that can make the Weds 6:00pm GMT (Currently 7:00pm for us Euros on Stupid Summer Time) slot?

We're missing a striker, but anything will be accepted. the next game will be next Weds - ether continued messing around for another week, or the proper campaign, depending on if Artaron is back at his computer.

Flak
July 1st, 2010, 14:41
I think I can make that timeslot, if the time of this posting is about 2:40 PM GMT. I would love to play a ranger! PM me or something. :)

EDIT: Ah. I guess 3:40 PM GMT for the Summer Time folk.

Grey Hunter
July 2nd, 2010, 08:59
14:41 by my clock, so thats fine.

jbear
July 3rd, 2010, 01:27
So I've had some free time and have been messing around doing some sketches of our adventure so far. Thought you might like me to share :)

I'm not sure of the limit I can upload in each post so... meet the Generic Adventuring Company bit by bit!

The Fighter (also known as Meatshield) and the Wizard (Currently struggling to master the Magic Missile Spell):

jbear
July 3rd, 2010, 01:29
And of course...

The Cleric (who likes to wear leather) and the Dwarf ( who has an axe that is 3 times bigger than him):

jbear
July 3rd, 2010, 01:38
So our fearless adventurers stumbled across a nest of goblins... and so they prepared to dutifully rid Generica of this foul evil!

After some cowardly pushing and shoving to get to the back of the party line, the fighter finally opened the door. Inside was, of course, a 10 x10 foot room, a goblin and a bucket of ****.

jbear
July 3rd, 2010, 01:46
Suddenly the crafty goblin, unphased by the Company's death threats, whipped out his Acme Kobold Kit (Kevin and Steve edition) and out of nowhere a mob of kobolds filled the small room.

The Wizard's plan was stay as far behind Meatshield (Fighter) as possible. Which is why Meatshield was even more confused when the Wizard suddenly ran past him towards the horde of Kobolds screaming 'Chaaaaarge!'

Grey Hunter
July 3rd, 2010, 07:17
Those a great! :)

Flak
July 3rd, 2010, 23:15
Let me just say: Wow. I wish I could draw that fluidly. How long did it take you to do it?

jbear
July 4th, 2010, 21:17
Cheers mate. Two afternoons of doodling. My free time during the day is all but over, so we'll see if I can do the rest of the adventure or not...

Grey Hunter
July 5th, 2010, 10:08
Right, Just to let you all know, this weds we will be starting the "Where are we - what the hell is that!?" Campaign, as I feel putting it off any longer would be detrimental.

if Artaron is not around, then we can bring him into the story later on, so as long as I get 4 people, then I'll go for the proper campaign.

Artaron
July 5th, 2010, 15:43
Hi Everyone ! I'm still alive ! I'm abroad this week as well so I will not be able to play, but I'm sure my angry dwarf can be introduced into the story the week after. I'm still playing with the concept. I hope you have fun on the first day of the adventure and that you'll leave me some goblins to bash !

jbear
July 5th, 2010, 17:21
So if Flak is going to play a melee ranger (melee right?) then I think I'll definitely play the Hybrid Fighter/Runepriest. Is that right?

Cool, see you on wednesday!

Flak
July 5th, 2010, 18:34
That's up to interpretation. The ranger I'm thinkin' of is the Hunter. While similar to the Archer ranger in terms of stat build, the Hunter ranger has more melee options, being highly mobile and able to swap weapons on a dime. Not as melee friendly as the two-blade ranger, but a step above the archer. I think you'd be safe as the hybrid if you'd rather play that. The only thing is the Hunter is from Martial Power 2, so it's the DM's call.

In the spirit of artistry, I've gone and drawn me my character. Even colored it in.

jbear
July 5th, 2010, 21:56
Is that the throw and stab versions? Throw something and attack melee? You get some benefit by being mobile at close range? Hmmm... difficult decision. A pure fighter is going to make your job getting out of melee range to throw and stab again a lot easier... but an extra team heal per combat and the ability to either protect or boost everyone else's damage has me torn...

I think I will go with the Hybrid.

Youre an elf? That will help with the trap finding! So technically we now have a fighter, a cleric, a wizard, a dwarf and an elf! Only the rogue didn't make it to the party!

Flak
July 6th, 2010, 04:59
Nah, what you're thinking is the Marauder. While they can attack well with thrown weapons, the Hunter takes his bow and fires from a distance. When an opportunity opens up, he'd switch weapons - say, a longspear or shortsword - and take a stab. Then he'd switch weapons again and repeat the process. If the stab wasn't enough to drop it, I have ways to disengage.

And I'm actually thinking about taking the rogue multiclass feat. That sneak attack every encounter looks tasty, and everyone appreciates the thievery skill. Also fits what I have in mind for him.

He's an odd duck for your average elven ranger. He has a methodical... if unorthodox approach to hunting prey. The more traps it involves, the more flashbangs and other dirty tricks, the better. His complicated plans of ambushing tends to confuse those that can't keep up. Looking forward to the alchemist feat.

Grey Hunter
July 6th, 2010, 06:45
The only thing is the Hunter is from Martial Power 2, so it's the DM's call.

I'm fine with you using the book, but I don't have the module for the program - I could try and scrape it, but my previous attempts were less than successful.

So if your okay with manually entering your data, I'm fine with you using it.

Nice artwork as well.

Artaron
July 6th, 2010, 13:58
If Flak goes with an archer I may look into the dual weilding ranger for my dwarf. Since it seems he'll be concentrating on damage, I was thinking of hybriding into a ranger/barbarian. This way it will be balanced with jbear tanking and Flak running around shooting and stabbing. I'll look at the options and have something ready for next week in any case.
jbear you know the rules well don't you ? what do you think between Straladin (the one I had in generica), Dual weild dwarf ranger, pal/ranger hybrid, pal/barb hybrid ?

jbear
July 6th, 2010, 19:20
If Flak goes with an archer I may look into the dual weilding ranger for my dwarf. Since it seems he'll be concentrating on damage, I was thinking of hybriding into a ranger/barbarian. This way it will be balanced with jbear tanking and Flak running around shooting and stabbing. I'll look at the options and have something ready for next week in any case.
jbear you know the rules well don't you ? what do you think between Straladin (the one I had in generica), Dual weild dwarf ranger, pal/ranger hybrid, pal/barb hybrid ?

Hmm... so a third ranged character and a possible Dwarf Striker... it may be a good dea just to be the group punching bag and stay pure fighter... on the other hand... when I land my rune priest at will that gives the the target 2 vulnerability if we have 2 rangers following up, dealing out twin strike... well do the math! I guess you don't need to mark something if it's dead...

I've never thought about a Dwarven Ranger, although I know they can benefit from high wisdom, especially the marauder I think. But your probably going to need to spend a feat on chainmail at level 2. The downside of the dwarf is they don't get a +2 in strength so either you start with 16 (which when combined with axes means low to hit rating) or spend a lot of points to get an 18... meaning if you invest in wis your dex will be pitiful, and so will your AC. Chainmail solves that... and later you can get scale if you think it's necessary (the -1 to speed won't affect a dwarf which is cool). I imagine you are thinking dualweilding war axes... nice.

I haven't looked at a Paladin/Ranger hybrid either but your CHA will be so low that your divine challenge and sanction will cease to do damage when ignored. I'll have a look at it.

I think Paladin/Barbarian sync up pretty well but because your not going to be able to invest in dexterity and will be limited to hide armour your going to have to probably spend your hybrid feat on Paladin Armour. I have one in my pen and paper game and he's pretty cool but not really a defender at all. His Challenge inflicts a -2 to hit but no damage. He's really a very heavily armoured striker. Put what is nice is that he has access to a wide variety of powers between the classes. He's a Goliath which solves the Str problem on the Attack rolls.

I do like your paladin. The advantage of being pure class is that you don't have to waste a feat in getting the class feature you want or decent AC. When you pick up a domain feat for your at-will and get Bless Weapon at level 2 you'll be all go!

I'd go with whatever seems like the most fun and fits into the idea of your character that you like. If the Cleric can survive wearing leathers and having 0 bonus from dex or int then I'm sure you'll be fine:D

Flak
July 7th, 2010, 18:26
Hello? Anyone here today?

Artaron
July 7th, 2010, 19:52
I'm around Flak :) How's the character coming up ?

Grey Hunter
July 8th, 2010, 07:47
For Art and Karmadef, We ended up with only three players, so we decided to continue Generica for another night, and the group (or Noslave) ended up releasing and powerful evil into the world.

I'm now rewriting the backstory of the main campaign to use this as a base, its scarily close to what I was thinking anyway, and I was making last night session up on the fly.

A few people have changed race, and I'm shifting a few other things around, but it should work, and give a little coherency.

jbear
July 8th, 2010, 19:19
For Art and Karmadef, We ended up with only three players, so we decided to continue Generica for another night, and the group (or Noslave) ended up releasing and powerful evil into the world.

I'm now rewriting the backstory of the main campaign to use this as a base, its scarily close to what I was thinking anyway, and I was making last night session up on the fly.

A few people have changed race, and I'm shifting a few other things around, but it should work, and give a little coherency.

If Noslave had enough brains to actually understand that accusation he'd be mortified! He'd be quite sure he merely innocently asked a question. He'd also be quite sure that as he can't actually read, the wizard, the elf and the cleric should take some of the responsability; the wizard for fleeing screaming that the walls were closing in. If anyone should have been carrying around that rolling pin it was him; The elf for only reading the first sentence of the inscription on the wall. It would have been quite useful to have read the next sentence about which order to destroy the spheres!; And the cleric for wearing those saucey leathers... I'm certain they had something to do with awakening The Dark Desires of Gandalf the White!

And as for releasing the Black Smoke (aka John Lock) Noslave would be quite sure that it was the elf who told him to smash the black sphere with the rolling pin. And if Noslave thought about it enough, Noslave would eventually come to the conclusion that Gandalf the White was ultimately responsable for the whole mess... who leaves something as important as the Rollingpin of Spiritreleasing just lying around where any old goblin woman and her brats could find it or someone as dumb as Noslave himself could make it work. Not too smart Jacob... I mean Gandalf!

No... if Noslave is taking the rap for this one, he's not taking it alone. Heck, even the dwarf dumped a bucket of **** on top of him! That kind of **** doesn't help the whole thinking thing now does it!

karmadef
July 8th, 2010, 21:58
Actually the wizard dumped the bucket. He also knew everything was going to happen EXACTLY the way it did mwuhahahahaha, but yeah sorry bout not making it I will definatley be there next week

jbear
July 8th, 2010, 23:29
Actually the wizard dumped the bucket. He also knew everything was going to happen EXACTLY the way it did mwuhahahahaha, but yeah sorry bout not making it I will definatley be there next week
Argh... See, so stupid Noslave can't even remember who it was that dumped a bucket of **** on his head! What were you all thinking letting me pick up the rolling pin!!??!! We so should have seen that coming! You wanted to release the Black Smoke! Karmadef.... or should we call you... Ben!:ninja:

Artaron
July 9th, 2010, 18:53
Sorry, didn't know. Here, no harm done !

Oberoten
July 9th, 2010, 19:15
There are some rather severe copyright reasons as to why SmiteWorks can not distribute or in fact be associated with anyone distributing such modules.

Most pressing is that it'd give WoTC a good excuse to shut SmiteWorks down for good.

- Obe

Grey Hunter
July 9th, 2010, 19:26
Yeah, I think it may be best to remove the link. Just to be safe.

The rewrites are coming on well, the Generica ending is actually fitting in well with my original back story, with just a few changes.

I'm really looking forward to Wednesday now.

jbear
July 21st, 2010, 19:18
Im trying to log in to the game tonight.

Im getting a message that my version is incompatible. I play another game of FG and the DM updates every time one is available obliging me to do the same. Now Im afraid I have the very latest version and cant log on. Can you please log out and update? And let me know?

Jbear

Grey Hunter
July 21st, 2010, 19:22
Have now restated and am defiantly running 2.6.5.

Lets hope that fixes it

Grey Hunter
September 1st, 2010, 20:14
So, it looks like one of our players isn't going to make the party, as we've just reached Level 2 and he's not joined a session.

So, is anyone out there looking for a GMT session witha 7:00pm GMT start time (we're running now)

We're missing an Arcane member of the group, so any mage who is not a Shifter or Telfling (for story reasons) would be great.

Drop me a PM if your interested.
Thanks

Calavingian
September 3rd, 2010, 02:42
I'm interested. PM on the way.

jbear
September 17th, 2010, 10:04
Bumping this because we are still looking for people and down here ain't noone going to see it!

elydustin
September 17th, 2010, 14:57
I would love to play, any day after 5pm central time (GMT -6) would be great for me.