PDA

View Full Version : FATE Rule System

malachi666
May 10th, 2010, 20:58
Hey Guys,

I was just wondering if anyone has developed a rules set or character sheet for the FATE system? In particular 3.0?

Thanks

Doswelk
May 10th, 2010, 22:48
I do believe someone did the fudge dice.

Zeus
May 10th, 2010, 22:54
Not sure about a ruleset but someone did write an extension for Fudge dice as Doswelk said.

You can download it from the FGWiki here (https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/Fate_Dice_For_Fudge).

Valarian
May 11th, 2010, 14:10
There's a Spirit of the Century extension for the Foundation ruleset in the rulesets section of the FGWiki. That has a basic SotC character sheet, with double clicking for the Fudge dice (included in the extension so don't add the Fudge extension as well).

I'm also working on a Dresden Files ruleset based on Foen's Base ruleset. This has extended the SotC character sheet and I aim to add NPC and Combat Sheet stuff in there at some point.

malachi666
May 11th, 2010, 14:56
Sweet Valarian.

I am just getting into FATE and in particular, the Dresden Files RPG. How would I go about installing these rule sets? Are they executables?

Valarian
May 11th, 2010, 15:23
No, not executable. The SotC extension should go in the extensions folder and will be able to be used by a Foundation ruleset campaign.

The Dresden Files ruleset will be a zip file (I still need to get permission to post this one to the wiki). It'll be a case of unzipping that to the rulesets folder. I wouldn't expect this to be too quick .. real life keeps getting in the way at the moment.

malachi666
May 11th, 2010, 15:32
What is the Foundation ruleset?

Valarian
May 11th, 2010, 20:05
It's one of the Smiteworks rulesets released with the product. You should see the Foundation ruleset in the list of ruleset when creating a new campaign. If you put the SotC extension in the extensions folder, you should see that as an extension option when creating the new campaign.

malachi666
May 11th, 2010, 20:23
OK cool thanks again Valarian!

When you manage to finish the Dresden set could you make an announcement? That would be great.

Thanks for your efforts.

malachi666
May 11th, 2010, 23:45
wow just tried the SotC extension, and it works just fine!

Can't wait for the Dresden Files version. It has a slightly different character sheet