PDA

View Full Version : New to FG2 need assistance

MagicMitch
May 10th, 2010, 16:46
Hello everyone

I'm new to fantasy grounds and have been messing about with it and looking for things on the net and can't seem to find any help anywhere.

Basically I want to start playing 4e D&D but I dont have the ruleset atm. I currently have a 3.5 and Foundation rulesets (I've ran the updater but i seem to get an error at the end of it "Error processing package manifest"). Does anyone have a working link for a 4e ruleset? Because when i last tried FGwiki the link was broken.

Secondly, how do I install said ruleset when i have it?

Thirdly, are there any good tutorial videos or written quides for DMs and Players. I haven't had the time to read the manual yet due to university work but i prefer learning from videos really.

Also what is parsing? I've seen alot of posts saying Parsing error! Will I need to "parse" if I want to run my own games?

Cheers guys.

Doswelk
May 10th, 2010, 20:00
Hello and welcome!

Question 1: Have you bought FG2?

The reason I ask is that the demo version does not allow adding of rulesets.

Question 2: What version did you buy (if you have bought it)?

The Lite version again does not allow custom rulests (locally) you have to connect to a Full/Ultimate version to play.

The unregistered ("free") version only is usable when connecting to an Ultimate version.

Question 3: Why did you feel the need to post the same post 4 times in different places?

Not trying to flame you but that sort of thing winds me up...

MagicMitch
May 10th, 2010, 21:39
I brought the full liscence. I kept trying to update and eventually it worked so now i have the 4e ruleset.

And i posted this a few times in different sections mainly because alot of the time my experience of forums is I never get a reply :D :P So I made triply sure this time around.

I'm now on the search for video tutorials and written guides of how to use FG both GM and Player side. But fisrt I'll be carrying on with my uni work.

Cheers

ronnke
May 10th, 2010, 22:40
There are several video tutorials found here in the forums, they shouldn't be hard to find.

There is some tutorials in the following link, you will see them in the bottom right of the page.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/downloads/

someoneinatree
May 11th, 2010, 03:13
There is also a user guide here. Handy for understanding shortcut keys (using SHIFT etc.) and also for delving into effects syntax.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide4E/