PDA

View Full Version : Paizo GameMastery Map Packs and Flip-Mats

Zeus
May 9th, 2010, 09:34
What's the latest situation regarding getting Paizo products officially supported with FGII?

I have been a fan of Paizo's GameMastery Map Packs (and Flip-Maps) since they introduced them but as a pure online gamer I never use them for table-top play, instead opting to scan them and use them in my FGII games.

The process is very tedious and the results subject to the condition the tiles arrive in (those of you who have used these will know they are not as durable as other tiles). So my question is, can the Map Packs be made officially available as VT compatible tiled images? If so, can we get them for FGII?

Also, Paizo offer a monthly subscription package which delivers a Map Pack or Flip-Mat once a month at a 20% discounted price against the RRP of the packs. Pretty good value considering the maps are usually first class.

Got me thinking about such a subscription service through FGII and how that could add tremendous value. I quite like the idea of getting access to fresh map/encounter/adventure content in return for some monthly pennies. Has this concept been considered?

ddavison
May 9th, 2010, 13:27
I agree that they would have tremendous value to both parties, but unless we can get a Native Mac version working I don't think we will be able to carry any Paizo products. I will check in with them from time to time to see if I can sway them in the other direction.

GunnarGreybeard
May 9th, 2010, 14:59
Got me thinking about such a subscription service through FGII and how that could add tremendous value. I quite like the idea of getting access to fresh map/encounter/adventure content in return for some monthly pennies. Has this concept been considered?
Actually that sounds like a good idea, generic maps especially.

tdewitt274
May 9th, 2010, 15:18
Unfortunately, not even the Paizo Subscribers get a PDF version of the Flip-Mats and GameMastery Map Packs, or the GameMastery Card decks for that matter.

I think if Paizo went with the PDF versions, they wouldn't be able to sell as many of the physical product. I'm more of a PDF guy.

On the PDF/Image note, they do a really good job on their Module and Adventure Path PDFs that you can extract the images from the PDFs by copy/paste. The first few APs and Modules had the tags (room numbers, secret doors, etc) on the images, but I think that changed after the first 6 months. Now all the images I've messed with didn't have the tags.

Zeus
May 9th, 2010, 16:02
I agree that they would have tremendous value to both parties, but unless we can get a Native Mac version working I don't think we will be able to carry any Paizo products. I will check in with them from time to time to see if I can sway them in the other direction.

Thats a terrible shame. Oh well back to the scanner it is then, sigh.

On the PDF/Image note, they do a really good job on their Module and Adventure Path PDFs that you can extract the images from the PDFs by copy/paste. The first few APs and Modules had the tags (room numbers, secret doors, etc) on the images, but I think that changed after the first 6 months. Now all the images I've messed with didn't have the tags.

Oh now thats a good idea, at the moment the map packs are circa $12 a pop so if the PDF Adventure Modules are the same or less and use a similar style and number of maps, I may just have to switch over. Thanks.

tdewitt274
May 9th, 2010, 16:17
Oh now thats a good idea, at the moment the map packs are circa $12 a pop so if the PDF Adventure Modules are the same or less and use a similar style and number of maps, I may just have to switch over. Thanks.

Plus, you get an adventure, NPCs, and Images (sometimes items, others NPCs and villians).

While the Map Packs and Flip Mats are nice, you can usually get some more versatile images from the Modules. Check out the Pathfinder Societies (https://paizo.com/store/paizo/pathfinder/pathfinderSocietyScenarios) as well. They're not as beefy as the Modules, but cheaper. Kind of like the RPGA adventures (short and sweet).