PDA

View Full Version : Saving Problem

Booker Grimm
May 8th, 2010, 17:37
Hi,

I have the full version of FG, but when it saves the campaign it does not save the tokens properly. The character tokens (Portraits) are saved wherever I leave them on the image map - but any monster tokens I add to the battle map or add to the monster descriptions in the PERSONALITIES section are not saved.

It's a bit laborious having to put all the tokens back on each monster description in my campaign and having to add them again to the map if we stop mid battle.

Any ideas or solutions to what I have to do to get this working properly would be much apprieciated.

Thanks.

Moon Wizard
May 9th, 2010, 02:10
Are the tokens or the map that you are having trouble with in a module?

Thanks,
JPG

Booker Grimm
May 9th, 2010, 10:39
Thanks for the reply,

Not sure I understand you completely but I'm not running any specific module. I am running my own campaign.

I just have imported a map and copied a few monsters from my ruleset to the Personalities section.

I assign tokens to the monsters in the personalities section and can drag them to the map, but they never seem to save after I have exited FG2.

The odd thing is that all the portraight tokens do remember where they were placed on the map when I reload the campaign. So when I return to FG for the next session they are where I placed them, but the monster tokens have all disappeared and they have also gone from the assigned places on the monster entries.

It's frustrating having to assign all the tokens to the personalities section again. Don't know if this helps but monster entries in the combat tracker save, but again the tokens assigned to them dissappear too.

Thanks.

Moon Wizard
May 9th, 2010, 22:14
I'm sort of at a loss as to why that is happening for you, since I haven't heard of this happening to others.

Which ruleset are you using?
Also, can you walk me through a step by step of what you are doing from a new campaign?

Example:
* Create new campaign in FG
* Add image to campaign images folder
* Open image in FG
* Open token bag
* Drag token from token bag to map
* Close image
* Close FG
* Load campaign in FG
* Open image in FG
* (Tokens missing?)

If there are any other steps you are taking, please let me know. It may help me identify where the problem is.

Thanks,
JPG

Booker Grimm
May 19th, 2010, 10:07
Thanks for your help.

I actually realised what the problem was and managed to correct it. For anyone else having the same issues, I found that it was to do with the directory structure of my data folder.

My tokens folder was in the wrong place. I just copied it to the campaign folder and it works fine now.

Cheers.