PDA

View Full Version : Next Release?

CampbellR66
May 6th, 2010, 13:54
Any news on the next release date and what new features are on the horizon?

Moon Wizard
May 6th, 2010, 23:47
No firm date yet, though we have been working on it. We don't discuss specifics of the next release, in order to avoid setting bad expectations; though I do have some thoughts.

My theme for the next release is to resolve as many outstanding issues as I can, and add a few features as well. Also, part of this release is coming up to speed for the new Smiteworks team that took over at the end of last year.

Regards,
JPG

dm-crazy
May 7th, 2010, 00:13
Thats why i choose FG, the amazing community support! ;)

CampbellR66
May 7th, 2010, 20:35
No firm date yet, though we have been working on it. We don't discuss specifics of the next release, in order to avoid setting bad expectations; though I do have some thoughts.

My theme for the next release is to resolve as many outstanding issues as I can, and add a few features as well. Also, part of this release is coming up to speed for the new Smiteworks team that took over at the end of last year.

Regards,
JPG
No problem ... just thought it had been a while ... looking forward to some new features plus consolidation of D&D 3.5 rulesets

dm-crazy
May 7th, 2010, 21:14
Moon_moon, why not increase the fantasy grounds with ptt (push to talk) voice system?! :D

Moon Wizard
May 8th, 2010, 01:05
I did a survey of voice chat applications years ago when I started running my games online. I found that peer-to-peer voice/video applications were network hogs, and that the only good way to run voice/video is through a server-based system like Ventrilo or TeamSpeak.

Also, this topic has been discussed many times on the forums, especially as it relates to the example of how much time that the WoW team spent working on voice chat, then finding that very few people used it because it wasn't as good as Ventrilo/TeamSpeak. It's not a small project.

So, the answer is that voice chat is not really on the list of features being considered.

Cheers,
JPG

MacLeod
May 8th, 2010, 02:32
Probably best you can get a small 10 person vent server dirt cheap same for Teamspeak. In fact there are a few free ones out there as well.

dm-crazy
May 8th, 2010, 02:43
Moon_moon, ty for support ;)
We use a FG and Ventrilo too in my game sessions! :)
If you dont want pay any server, you can creat you own server its so easy! :D

ddavison
May 8th, 2010, 02:50
No problem ... just thought it had been a while ... looking forward to some new features plus consolidation of D&D 3.5 rulesets

You are correct and it is mostly on my end at this point. I have a lot of catching up to do.

dm-crazy
May 8th, 2010, 03:18
So, Good Work! ;)