PDA

View Full Version : documentation

CAPryde
May 5th, 2010, 13:05
Hello all,

I just picked up the software for me and my group. I've watched (and plan to rewatch) Doswelk's excellent tutorials, and I'm hoping to sit in on some more of his games. Besides these demonstrations, however, is there any written documentation for the features unique to the Savage Worlds ruleset? I'm learning a lot from the 3.5 documentation, but it is obviously missing some things.

Doswelk
May 5th, 2010, 19:39
Hello all,

I just picked up the software for me and my group. I've watched (and plan to rewatch) Doswelk's excellent tutorials, and I'm hoping to sit in on some more of his games. Besides these demonstrations, however, is there any written documentation for the features unique to the Savage Worlds ruleset? I'm learning a lot from the 3.5 documentation, but it is obviously missing some things.

I've not written them yet :P

I volunteered to do so, but have not had time yet!

What's the problem?

CAPryde
May 5th, 2010, 21:07
No problem, really. I'm just working my way through the system, and sometimes it is nice to be able to look stuff up because I haven't used the program enough yet to easily recall where everything is and what it does. I find myself re-watching your tutorials and skipping around because I remember a functionality in general, but I don't remember some specific thing about its use, or where it is, or what the shortcut is--the sort of knowledge that is eventually easy, but starts out clunky.

Doswelk
May 5th, 2010, 23:11
No problem, really. I'm just working my way through the system, and sometimes it is nice to be able to look stuff up because I haven't used the program enough yet to easily recall where everything is and what it does. I find myself re-watching your tutorials and skipping around because I remember a functionality in general, but I don't remember some specific thing about its use, or where it is, or what the shortcut is--the sort of knowledge that is eventually easy, but starts out clunky.

Well having re-built my PC I need to make some more videos so some suggestions would be welcome.

I need to finish off the Module one I was doing and then well whatever people want!