PDA

View Full Version : New Campaign

Demogorgon
May 2nd, 2010, 04:59
Hi,

Is there anyone here who would like to join a new Campaign?

The campaign settings I'm considering are
1. Dragonlance - Taladas
2. FR - Icewind dale
3. FR - Bloodstone Lands.

At the moment I'm working on a campaign website and writing up the campaign introduction. It will take a few weeks before I start the game, but in the mean time I want to get input from players who are interested (Setting, alignment, style, etc...)

I'm new to FG2, but I've been DMing for many years now. I know there will be a bit of a learning curve for me to get used to the FG2 system, but from what I've read on the forums it doesn't take that long.

Thanks

Morbus
May 2nd, 2010, 05:27
You open to new players? i havent played much dnd, but i gotta get experience sometime

Adran
May 2nd, 2010, 10:05
Pretty please! I will cover any role you want!

Demogorgon
May 2nd, 2010, 19:37
You open to new players? i havent played much dnd, but i gotta get experience sometime

Yes, I am open to new players. I would only suggest that for your character you pick something easy to play like a fighter.

I'll provide more details regarding character creation soon. It really depends on what setting we use. If it is Dragonlance then I'll have to find some good rules for 4e and make them available.

Demogorgon
May 2nd, 2010, 19:41
Pretty please! I will cover any role you want!

Hi Adran, I just noticed that you are 12. Sorry, but this game won't be suitable for your age. I guess I should of said that I was looking for older players

MacLeod
May 2nd, 2010, 21:06
Depending on the day/time I would be interested.

Morbus
May 2nd, 2010, 21:19
Yes, I am open to new players. I would only suggest that for your character you pick something easy to play like a fighter.

I'll provide more details regarding character creation soon. It really depends on what setting we use. If it is Dragonlance then I'll have to find some good rules for 4e and make them available.
just one more question: there are a couple homebrew class i have been wanting to try (https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Demon_Arm_(3.5e_Class) or https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Death_Knight_(3.5e_Class)) is that okay? if not then i can just roll up a base class

someoneinatree
May 3rd, 2010, 04:33
Hey Demogorgon,

27yo Australian player here, but fairly flexible in terms of time (as evenings US/Canada are mornings for me, and I have a few mornings free at the moment). Sunday and Wednesday nights (US/Canada time) are currently out for me though.

Have 4e and FGII experience (although no expert), I'd be most interested in Forgotten Realms campaign setting (with a mild preference for the Bloodstone Lands, Damara/Vaasa etc), and happy to play any role. I would generally concept characters once the setting/location/opening adventure theme were settled.

Enjoy actor/storyteller style play, but also like things to keep moving and not spend forever RP-ing for the sake of it. Not fussed on theme, but like it to be linked and intertwined with the published FR lore however the DM sees fit to incorporate it.

Hope that covers everything!

Demogorgon
May 3rd, 2010, 15:03
Depending on the day/time I would be interested.

ok good, I'll keep you updated. So far it looks like the game will be on the weekends.

Demogorgon
May 3rd, 2010, 15:10
just one more question: there are a couple homebrew class i have been wanting to try (https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Demon_Arm_(3.5e_Class) or https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Death_Knight_(3.5e_Class)) is that okay? if not then i can just roll up a base class

I take it from that you want to play in an Evil campaign? It don't have a problem with that, just keep in mind that if I twist the campaign to suit evil characters I'll have to develop a plot device to prevent everyone from killing each other.

Also please note that those classes you have linked to are 3.5e and not 4e.

Demogorgon
May 3rd, 2010, 15:20
Hey Demogorgon,

27yo Australian player here, but fairly flexible in terms of time (as evenings US/Canada are mornings for me, and I have a few mornings free at the moment). Sunday and Wednesday nights (US/Canada time) are currently out for me though.

Have 4e and FGII experience (although no expert), I'd be most interested in Forgotten Realms campaign setting (with a mild preference for the Bloodstone Lands, Damara/Vaasa etc), and happy to play any role. I would generally concept characters once the setting/location/opening adventure theme were settled.

Enjoy actor/storyteller style play, but also like things to keep moving and not spend forever RP-ing for the sake of it. Not fussed on theme, but like it to be linked and intertwined with the published FR lore however the DM sees fit to incorporate it.

Hope that covers everything!

Well the campaign will be on the weekends. I was thinking about a Sunday game, but I can change it to Saturday.

At this point I'm settling on The Bloodstone Lands as a campaign setting simply because I know much of FR lore in that area. It's a good place to have a campaign since it is sill a fairly open / undocumented area of the FR and the history there isn't too complex.

Now it is just a question of a good or an evil campaign. If it is an evil game then characters will have quite the challenge having to deal with Dragonsbane and is friends.

someoneinatree
May 3rd, 2010, 16:11
I probably prefer good/unaligned mix... but will go with the majority if needed.

Demogorgon
May 3rd, 2010, 16:19
I probably prefer good/unaligned mix... but will go with the majority if needed.

Yes I would also prefer that characters naturally work toward a common goal.

Anyway, I should have the website up soon.

Demogorgon
May 3rd, 2010, 16:25

Yes I would also prefer that characters naturally work toward a common goal.

Anyway, I should have the website up soon.

MacLeod
May 3rd, 2010, 19:13
Sunday's I'm game for Saturdays would depend on time Mornings I'd be good for anything else would be out. (I run a game Saturday Eve ;)) If it works out that you do Sundays great if not no worries!

Morbus
May 6th, 2010, 02:30
I take it from that you want to play in an Evil campaign? It don't have a problem with that, just keep in mind that if I twist the campaign to suit evil characters I'll have to develop a plot device to prevent everyone from killing each other.

Also please note that those classes you have linked to are 3.5e and not 4e.
well, it doesnt have to be evil, Death knight can be neutral and Demon arm can do anything

Morbus
May 6th, 2010, 02:34
oh, and i have never played 4e before, my last dm hated it

Skizzt
May 6th, 2010, 03:10
I am interested in your game, 26 years old from Turkey. Feel free to send PM if i can play in your campaign. Thanx.

Agora
May 6th, 2010, 06:16
Depending on the actual times you look to play I can probably join. I'll be buying FGII real soon and I've got all sorts of character concepts in the rosters. I'd personally prefer it if we only stuck to official material, but it's your game and I'm down for anything really. Evil gets a bit hairy, even with everyone working together >_<

I'm 22, love roleplaying and tactics. PM me with details if you still need someone

someoneinatree
May 6th, 2010, 13:11
Sunday's I'm game for Saturdays would depend on time Mornings I'd be good for anything else would be out. (I run a game Saturday Eve ;)) If it works out that you do Sundays great if not no worries!

Hrm. MacLeod and I might end up being mutually exclusive if its on the weekend unfortunately. Basically I can't do 11am to 5pm (American EDT) roughly as that's when I'm normally in bed, and by 7pm Sundays EDT I'm in class at uni.

So Saturday I can do anytime from 6pm EDT, same with Friday night... that's probably it for me for weekends. Obviously whatever suits the DM and the majority of players.

This by the way: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html
Is great for trying to find appropriate times internationally!

Demogorgon
May 6th, 2010, 18:06
well, it doesnt have to be evil, Death knight can be neutral and Demon arm can do anything

The only problem is that I'm not sure if I want undead or evil classes in the game Most people have expressed an interest in playing good or unaligned characters.

I will most likely only allow classes and races from PH1 & PH2. I might consider some exceptions if it fits with the theme of the campaign.

Demogorgon
May 6th, 2010, 18:25
Here is an update on the campaign.

I'm just about done the website and it will be up soon. It will include all the information you need to make characters and write character backgrounds.

I would like to know how many people would like to roll their characters stats using FG2? I would give everyone 3 tries to roll stats for their first character (4d6 and drop the lowest die). The results can be placed on any ability. On the 3rd try you would have to keep what you roll.

As for the campaign, I've chosen The Bloodstone Lands (post spellplague) as the setting. This will basically be my take on what has happened in the region. Other then that I will try to keep it as canon as possible.

MacLeod
May 6th, 2010, 19:58
Did you ever decide on a day/time?

Demogorgon
May 6th, 2010, 23:22
Did you ever decide on a day/time?

not yet but I will keep you posted.

someoneinatree
May 7th, 2010, 04:25
I would like to know how many people would like to roll their characters stats using FG2? I would give everyone 3 tries to roll stats for their first character (4d6 and drop the lowest die). The results can be placed on any ability. On the 3rd try you would have to keep what you roll.

I'd be happy to roll in FG2 for stats. The point buy system, while equitable, does become a bit flavourless after a while. And underpowered characters can be just as interesting to play!

someoneinatree
May 12th, 2010, 01:40
How's progress? :)

Demogorgon
May 15th, 2010, 04:31
How's progress? :)

Good.

I have the website up now. I'm still working on it, but you can have a look anyway.

https://bloodstonelands.bravehost.com/

someoneinatree
May 15th, 2010, 05:53
Great! Looks good. I'd already been thinking about what kind of character I would draw up if I'm able to come to the table... had been thinking a Deva Ilmateri Invoker, "born"/reincarnated and raised at the Monastery of the Yellow Rose, and recently headed out into the world, troubled by the various local news that reaches the monastery for historical archiving.

Also - regarding my availability, it will actually free up on Sunday nights EST from 30 May. I'm not sure what my timetable will be when uni goes back in August however so would still prefer Friday or Saturday nights EST.

Demogorgon
May 19th, 2010, 19:25
Great! Looks good. I'd already been thinking about what kind of character I would draw up if I'm able to come to the table... had been thinking a Deva Ilmateri Invoker, "born"/reincarnated and raised at the Monastery of the Yellow Rose, and recently headed out into the world, troubled by the various local news that reaches the monastery for historical archiving.

Also - regarding my availability, it will actually free up on Sunday nights EST from 30 May. I'm not sure what my timetable will be when uni goes back in August however so would still prefer Friday or Saturday nights EST.

That sounds like a good character. The way my schedule looks right now I'm strongly considering a Saturday game. Regardless, I'll make another post soon with more details on the campaign.

btw, I've changed to a different hosting provider that doesn't place ads all over the place.

https://bloodstonelands.mygamesonline.org/

At this time , I'm organizing the content on the website, but it should be completed soon. It should provide enough information for people to make character backgrounds and figure out how they fit in. Character background stories will be important because I want to tailor the campaign for each character as it evolves.

Demogorgon
May 22nd, 2010, 20:19
Just a quick update on the game time. So far it looks like the game with take place on Saturday at 7pm (EST). Send me a PM to confirm that you are still interested.

zenile
May 26th, 2010, 03:04
So is this a different game than the one that will be held on Tuesdays then? I'm not familair with FG2, but if this game is on Saturday and is open to newbs that I would be interested in playing.

someoneinatree
May 26th, 2010, 07:19
So is this a different game than the one that will be held on Tuesdays then? I'm not familair with FG2, but if this game is on Saturday and is open to newbs that I would be interested in playing.

I'm fairly certain it is the same campaign that has probably been rescheduled to Tuesday nights due to the wider player availability.

Other interested parties, please see this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12434

Demogorgon
May 26th, 2010, 14:53
yes this is a crosspost. See the other thread

gschlosser
July 11th, 2010, 00:20
You still need players. I am very experienced, but am new to this fantasy grounds thing. Let me know.