PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Players for Sandbox Game

Explorer
April 30th, 2010, 01:37
I have a post a bit further down about this but I wanted an official topic to find people that would be interested in this, the same way I'am.

What I want to run is a complete sandbox game, in every way. The players have 100% control over their actions, there is no planned adventure by the GM, there is no subtle guiding to go here and there.

The group can do anything they want. Establish a guild, a kingdom, be wandering adventurers, bring anarchy and ruin to a land, anything. It's completely up to the players themselves to come up with group and individual goals.

I'm looking at a few systems right now, Warhammer Fantasy is a front runner. I'm not married to anything yet though so suggestions are fine. Regardless of system, I would not use the setting, just the mechanics. The max players I'd want is 4, 3 is fine. This is because the players have to supply their own motives and desires, so less people forms a more cohesive unit.

Right now I'd vastly prefer a late night game but I can do Sundays after 7pm Mountain Time. I work days and evenings so nights are almost a must, hopefully that doesn't rule to many people out.

Please PM or reply if this sounds like something you'd be interested in. I really need players who can get into a world and into their character. The motivations don't have to be good/evil, or grand/small. They just have to exist.

Syric
April 30th, 2010, 17:56
I'm definitely interested. I'm a MST player available from about 7pm-12pm a few nights a week.

mrrstark
April 30th, 2010, 18:50
I'm a friend of Syric's and might also be interested in doing something like this.

Donegal
April 30th, 2010, 19:14
Interested per my PM. I can play most nights during the week starting around 7pm Eastern time. Unfortunately I cannot play too late Sun-Thur as I work a day job. Fri-Sat I can play late.

cpbs
April 30th, 2010, 23:33
I am also interested, Sundays are fine playing late, as well I am in the central time zone US, but it should be fine staying up late for the MST point of view.

Xcenocide
May 1st, 2010, 01:58
Would definetly be interested, although the best days for me would be fridays and saturdays, as I can stay up as late as needed then. Although technically I could stay up until 9 or even 10 AM of EST time on other days.

Explorer
May 1st, 2010, 03:28
Right now I'am looking at a Friday game or a Sunday game. These are the least stressful days for me in terms of work and class.

Friday is variable because I sometimes work, so 7-8PM MST would be safe.

Sundays I can stay up as late as needed and can start around the same time as Friday, 7-8PM MST.

Ideally we'd be looking at around a 4 hour session, although a 4 hour session can probably be about 5 hours on a VTT so, plan accordingly.

If you can do that, shoot me a PM so I can start getting in touch with everyone. I would like input on the system, there's a few I want to check out but cannot get a hold of. If you suggest a system and have a pdf of it, that would be a big help.

Syric
May 1st, 2010, 19:11
Those days would work great for me, the sunday especially.

cpbs
May 2nd, 2010, 00:53
Sunday would work best for me as well.