PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Dark Heresy...

Dr_Babylon
April 28th, 2010, 01:23
Here's the situation:

We have a loyal crew set up who were greatly anticipating a Dark Heresy experience. Originally, we had been planning for Sunday evening games (PST, which is to say late evenings EST) but this should be largely negotiable. Most involved are new to the system but have access to source material and relative comfort with FG. I believe the majority preferred text-based over voice chat. T'would have been a fine time, I tells ya.

The issue at hand is that our GM has, by all appearances, departed rather suddenly. Admittedly, it was his drive and organization that brought this thing together in the first place but we have had no indiction of his continued interest in pursuing this project. In that sense, sadly, we have stalled even before we really got started. Despite the tremendous support of the original players, our collective inexperience makes GM-appointment from within impossible.

In short, what we need is a Game Master capable of running a Dark Heresy campaign.

The rewards for one willing to rise to meet this epic challenge would be great. Of course I speak more of the spiritual rewards of esteem and good-will. Our admiration, devotion (and, dare I say, genuine love) for someone who can lead us would be immeasurable. If you have the resolve and compassion, the creativity and precision to be our Game Master, name your terms, make your demands and let us embrace you.

To everyone else who had already been affiliated with this project, feel free to comment here and voice your support. Help me show anyone who would take up this onus how welcome their input would be. To the newcomers who would join a Dark Heresy campaign but are incapable of taking on the GM mantle, we are happy to hear from you but cannot promise any opportunity for your contributions at this time.

Our need is great. You may be our only hope.

With Conviction,
Dr Babylon

grimm182
April 28th, 2010, 14:05
My only previous concern was that i was eastern time, so the later you west-coasters play...the harder it is for me to get up at 5am! :)

I still have an interest in this, as i have been wanting to try DH.

Belizan
April 30th, 2010, 06:09
hehehe... Yeah, not sure what happened to +++++, but I still have my character, backstory and what not around if we can find a new GM. Alternatively, I'd be fine with making a new character as well. I was kind of looking forward to seeing DH "in action" as it were. Looks like fun 8). Have you tried emailing +++++ Babylon?

Dr_Babylon
May 1st, 2010, 09:39
Patience, my brethren. It will happen as it must. There can be no other way. We must remain steadfast in our resolve.

I have not contacted the originally intended Game Master by email as his profile suggests that he has visited these boards somewhat recently. I take his failure to communicate his plans to his underlings (despite his apparent access to the means to do so) as an indication of calculated abandonment. I do not believe that any words from our end will change matters. Sadly, it would seem that we must look elsewhere.

I had hoped that a new Dark Heresy-friendly coordinator would be more forthcoming, especially given the contemporary trend away from D20-bases systems. Is it possible that this particular game is not as popular as it should be? No matter. These things take time. Like a narcoleptic rodeo clown we shall have to keep our eyes open.

On Pins and Needles,
Dr Babylon

marcus_egan
May 1st, 2010, 10:18
dude. you sound like you'd be a good player

SLB
May 2nd, 2010, 03:04
More than that, you sound like a potential GM. Perhaps what your loyal crew requires isn't a GM as much as it is a mentor - someone who you can brainstorm with and develop a storyline with so that you can provide the GMing yourself.

For a good player, the only difference between a player and a GM is time and effort. If you have the time and are willing to put forth the effort then I have no doubt you would be a successful GM.

Just to put a bug in your ear...

marcus_egan
May 2nd, 2010, 05:43
i agree. you're a great writer, take that ball and run with it.

Dr_Babylon
May 2nd, 2010, 22:42
Shucks, guys. Little old me?

*blushes*

While I do very much appreciate the vote of confidence I assure you that I am not the right man for this job. I enjoy taking sides far too much to perform as an fair Game Master. At worst, I believe that I might come off as petty, self-serving and melodramatic. Lets not forget that I possess the organizational skills of a schizophrenic toddler. I am afraid that I am an idea man and a motivated petitioner and nothing more. The honorable title of GM and all its lofty accolades will have to fall to some other better suited candidate.

And so we play the waiting game.

Bashful,
Dr Babylon

p.s. Again I thank you for your kind words of support.

marcus_egan
May 3rd, 2010, 05:16
you want to play in my GURPS - Banestorm game?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=477

Dr_Babylon
May 4th, 2010, 01:08
While it is certainly quite tempting I must say that it wouldn't seem right at this time. I'm sorry but thank you for the consideration.

In terms of an update on our "Dark Heresy" progress: there have been no changes. Though we are offering complimentary footrubs to anyone who would GM for us. How does that sound? Not bad, eh?

Reluctantly Licentious,
Dr Babylon

Belizan
May 4th, 2010, 01:51
Would those be... digital footrubs?

Dr_Babylon
May 4th, 2010, 02:09
Remain streadfast, brother. I will personally see to the corns and bunions.

Dr_Babylon
May 8th, 2010, 08:14
How very dismal that the previous was the final post for so very long. Here I sit, broken-hearted...

I do hope that my supporters are well and that my detractors are less so. And to all who are currently playing in a progressive campaign ("Dark Heresy" or otherwise), wherever they may be, I salute you.

An update to my contingent's status: nothing has changed.

Dripping with Woe,
Dr Babylon

eladkitt
May 8th, 2010, 13:43
I would GM for you, only, I'm GMT.

I'd be in a sleep deprived state for days!

edit: Oh and I registered to say this.

Belizan
May 8th, 2010, 16:03
Dark Heresy does seem to be more popular across the pond.

Xitan
May 8th, 2010, 16:55
What times could you GM? I'm willing to flex a bit if it gets a game going.

philth
May 8th, 2010, 19:21
I was in a similar situation as you are now, my solution, become the GM. Tried and true method of getting some game on and satisfying your itch. So stop making excuses and go for it :)

Dr_Babylon
May 8th, 2010, 22:18
But excuses are all I'm good at. And we fear change.

Dr Babylon

Dr_Babylon
May 12th, 2010, 08:26
I had intended earlier to give a shout out to 'eladkitt' for becoming a member and making himself heard. And I would extend my heartfelt thanks to the many who have offered supportive input. Tis a grand community we have here, though we may all be on different schedules (and entirely separate planes of interest).

Critical status update: No changes.

Maybe I do need to examine alternate avenues...

Waffling,
Dr Babylon