PDA

View Full Version : Combat Tracker and Character Tokens

osarusan
April 27th, 2010, 02:07
So I've been using the combat tracker and tokens a lot more recently, and I noticed a strange thing: If one of the player characters is not currently logged in, his icon will be invisible to the other players.

I always drag the tokens from the combat tracker to the battle map, since they integrate nicely. One of my players often has a lot of trouble connecting to Fantasy Grounds, so we just leave him on Skype while I manage his character sheet at those times. It works fine, except that for some reason, his icon doesn't display on the battlemap for the other PC's. I can see it and move it fine, but nobody else does. The same happens for "NPC characters" if don't run a second instance of Fantasy Grounds and log in as them.

Is this a bug, or on purpose?

Griogre
April 28th, 2010, 17:44
Technically this is a feature in the sense it works as designed. It's annoying though. Here is a possible work around.

As soon as the character is opened the Character's token will appear. In your case you could just free the character and have another player open that character. That will make the token appear. You can then either leave the character open or have the other player close it - once it's been open the token will stay on the map even if the character is closed again.