PDA

View Full Version : More BRP bugs?

Oberoten
April 26th, 2010, 07:50
The combat tracker becomes a bit fiddly since it doesn't show targeting. When the players click on a target the CT doesn't show who has targeted nor does it show the targets defensive stats.

It is a minor thing since I can mouse over the token and find out that it is skeleton nr 11 and then find it in the CT, but it'd speed up gameplay a LOT to have that working.

- Obe

Foen
April 27th, 2010, 07:11
This isn't a bug, that capability wasn't built into the BRP ruleset as I didn't think it was so important: for Rolemaster (for example) the target is very important and is a fundamental aspect of the ruleset. With BRP the complexity of switching between simple hit points and hit points by location, depending on the preferences setting, and also the dynamic nature of hit points by location (which varies according to the location template and the hit point calculation method) meant that I tried to keep the other aspects of the CT quite simple. If I'd tried to make the CT do everything, then the chances of bugs occurring when one feature interacted with another would be much higher.

Perhaps it is something that could be added in a future version.

Stuart

Oberoten
April 27th, 2010, 09:45
Dang. You won't mind if I add that myself then?

- Obe

Foen
April 27th, 2010, 12:01
Be my guest :)