PDA

View Full Version : Library mixing all the books

guver
April 25th, 2010, 22:53
I'm using the 4E ruleset in version 2 of fantasy grounds.

The problem is the following.
I've created several modules using a combination of manual entry and 4e Parser.
I open FGII, activate 2 of my modules (for ex. Monster Manual and Monster Manual 2).

I go to the library, select on the left Monster Manual, and a set of options show up on the right, (Racial Traits, NPCs by level, etc).

NOW: if I click in any of the option I do not only see information from MM, I also see all the NPCs in MMII. Why?

Besides this, I notices that every monster is repeated (displays twice in the list of NPCs).

The modules themselves are properly created. I checked that opening only 1 of the modules, and it works as expected, the problem shows up when I open more than 1 module that shares some category (Like NPC by Level).

What am I doing wrong? or Is this the way FGII is supposed to behave?

Thanks,
Guver

Zeus
April 26th, 2010, 00:07
Try setting the modestring for each module to something unique and reparse your modules.

e.g. 4EMM for Monster Manual, 4EDMG for the Dungeon Masters Gude, 4EMM2 for Monster Manual 2 etc. etc

The modestring entry field can be found just under the category field on the Parser main form.

guver
April 26th, 2010, 03:54
Hey!

Thanks, that was the solution. I thought the parser was setting the modestring automatically, but wasn't :S.

Zeus
April 26th, 2010, 17:13
Your welcome, glad it helped.