PDA

View Full Version : 4E Ptolus - Recruiting

joshuha
April 25th, 2010, 19:30
Recruiting for a D&D 4th edition Ptolus campaign. We are planning on either Monday or Tuesday nights from 8 PM (GMT-5) to midnight. I currently already have two players and both are leaning towards Monday nights but could do Tuesday nights if needed.

There are some conversions I did for some of the Ptolus based races/religions for 4E and all of these changes along with the allowed books will be hosted on Obsidian Portal https://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/ptolus-fantasy-grounds-4e.

Currently I have 3-4 slots free but if you are interested in an "alternate" slot if we have no-shows let me know, a city setting like Ptolus can lend itself well to allies coming in to help when needed. I am looking for dedicated players and after a couple of no-shows without notice you will be booted.

For those unfamiliar with Ptolus, the setting is very urban and I do plan on setting 95% of the adventures within the city walls (and under it of course). A good introduction is the Ptolus player's guide for free on RPG now https://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=49_554&products_id=11959.

Since the setting is urban plan on a good mix of political intrigue, lots of skill challenges, and tactical combat in a city setting. More infomation on what races/classes/etc. that are allowed are on the wiki once I send you the address. I do accept people new to both 4E and Fantasy Grounds and do have an Ultimate license so no Fantasy Grounds licensed is required.

tdewitt274
April 25th, 2010, 19:37
I'd be interested. Might be a tad late, but 7 CT (GMT-6) works for me.

4e Heroic Level experience (not higher than 3rd level)
Only played via FG once.

FYI, I will be out a couple weeks in June due to vacation (6/15-6/30).

Thanks!

Noelle
April 25th, 2010, 22:18
Hey this is Noelle you can count me in to the game I would love to play some ptolus city by the sea.

panther553212
May 9th, 2010, 23:05
Are you still looking for people for this?

Izumneth
May 11th, 2010, 19:15
If you're still looking for folks, I'm certainly interested. I'm well-versed in Ptolus and can "blend in" with the setting well. The time will work for me as well.

joshuha
May 12th, 2010, 01:56
It looks like we are full right now but I am maintaining a list of backups and had to use it before the first session because we did have a player drop.

joshuha
August 13th, 2010, 02:19
We are looking for someone to fill the leader role, level 2. Character and book options will be given after you state your interest. We currently run Monday nights from 8 PM EST to 11-midnight.

We are a RP heavy group and have gone several sessions with hardly any rolls. Having said that some in our group are great tacticians so when combat does start people have fun as well.

Sarcasm1333
August 25th, 2010, 16:17
I am unsure if you have filled the Leader spot or not. If there is still a vacancy I would be very interested. I have ideas for both a bard and a cleric and would be happy to play either. I usually lean fairly hard towards the roleplay side of the game and a group that has gone multiple sessions without a tactical encounter sounds ideal. If the spot is still open and you would like to hear character concepts or discuss the potential of adding a new player please let me know.

cyphus5
September 3rd, 2010, 05:34
Are there anymore spots available for this game?

I'm willing to play whatever is needed. Just got FG, but I am familiar with Ptolus. My schedule swings, but I can notify GMs well in advance if I wont be able to play. Please let me know, thanks!