PDA

View Full Version : GURPS 4e FG ruleset v0.95 released

Spyke
April 24th, 2010, 19:50
GURPS 4e FG ruleset v0.95

I've uploaded a new version of the GURPS 4e ruleset to www.spyke.me.

Many thanks to Ronnke here for the changes. He's added code which allows you to set a grid scale and units. These are displayed when you draw pointers on a hex or square grid. For example, you can now drag a pointer and see that the distance is 4 yards.

GURPS 4e Combat Cards

Ronnke has also made a module conversion of the combat cards which are available as a free pdf from Steve Jackson Games (https://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=SJG37-0202), and I've put this up on www.spyke.me for download as well. When the module is loaded both GM and players can refer to reference text on the GURPS 4e combat maneuvers during a game by using the ruleset library.

Note that you'll need to install v0.95 of the ruleset to be able to use the combat cards module.

Spyke

mr_h
April 24th, 2010, 20:42
Hot dang, you guys are awesome.
:D

Spyke
April 24th, 2010, 22:33
There was a wee bug in the way the ruleset was remembering the grid type. I've uploaded a fixed copy of the file to www.spyke.me.

Note, I've not changed the version number for this fix. Please could those who downloaded the ruleset zip earlier please grab it again?

Spyke

King Joey
May 13th, 2010, 19:28
First of all, it's great having this GURPS-specific board for discussion. Second of all, it's awesome that you guys (especially Spyke) are doing so much of this work for the rest of us. I for one really appreciate it (and I haven't even been able to put it to use yet!).

My questions:

1) Are these new editions and additions to the GURPS ruleset going to make it less backwards compatible with 3rd Edition games? I am still a dedicated 3e'er and would love to be able to use these new features. You gave some pointers once on how to use the 4e ruleset with 3e rules; will it be as simple now as it was then?

2) This feels like a dumb question, but how do you show facing on a hex map with a two dimensional icon image?

Thanks again, guys, and keep up the great work!

Spyke
May 13th, 2010, 20:49
Answers:

1) The new editions haven't changed anything fundamental. The 4e ruleset's not great if you're playing 3e, but these updates won't have made it any worse. I did sit down a couple of months ago to start to look at converting it for 3e, but I realised it was a bigger job than I had time for then. I also realised how much I'd immersed myself in 4e. I played 3e for getting on for 15 years, but I'd forgotten a lot of the detail!

2) You need to use tokens with a clear facing. You can either use portrait style ones and assume that the top of the head is forward, or add a facing indicator to the token image. TokenTool (https://www.rptools.net/index.php?page=tokentool) from RPTools is good for creating your own tokens, and you can easily create a template frame for the images which has an arrow, or somesuch, added to indicate facing using any paint program.

Spyke

King Joey
May 17th, 2010, 20:02
Spyke,

I found what I think is a bug in your FGII xml export filter for the GCA. When I use it to export a character with ranged weapons, the FGII character sheet uses the LC column values as the Rcl. For example, my character has a weapon with an LC 1 and a Rcl 3 on the GCA sheet, but on the FGII sheet it is listed as Rcl 1 (there is no LC column on the FGII sheet, which may be part of the problem).

Not sure if you're already aware of this, but just wanted to give you a heads up.

dm-crazy
May 17th, 2010, 20:19
Excelent dude! :)

Spyke
May 18th, 2010, 10:55
I found what I think is a bug in your FGII xml export filter for the GCA. When I use it to export a character with ranged weapons, the FGII character sheet uses the LC column values as the Rcl. For example, my character has a weapon with an LC 1 and a Rcl 3 on the GCA sheet, but on the FGII sheet it is listed as Rcl 1 (there is no LC column on the FGII sheet, which may be part of the problem).

Thanks Joey, well spotted!

I've fixed this. There's a new version of the GCA export file up on ww.spyke.me, and I've also attached it here.

(I had to leave LC off the sheet as there wasn't room, and I figured that it was very rarely needed in play for the players. But I included LC in the export in case I changed this in the future. Unfortunately I'd done it using the Recoil tag, which is why it was writing over the Recoil.)

Spyke

King Joey
May 18th, 2010, 20:39
Cool! Glad I could help!

ETA: btw, since I've got you here, is there a way to set up a hotkey for dice plus a modifier (e.g., 2d6+2)? In the ordinary d20_jpg ruleset I would just grab it off the character sheet. But the GURPS ruleset doesn't do that since the character sheets have no automation. And I can't seem to get the hotkey to accept both the dice and the modifier.

If I pick up the 2d6 and drop them onto the hotkey, then try to drop the mod on top of them, it simply rewrites the hotkey as the +2 modifier.

If I put in the modifier and then pick up the 2d6 and drop them on the hotkey, it just records it as 2d6.

I know I could just use a +2 modifier hotkey and a 2d6 hotkey, but I would like to find a way to put them both into the same one if possible. I feel like there is some really basic answer to this that I'm just overlooking. Any help?

Spyke
May 18th, 2010, 22:10
Yes, type /die 2d6+2 in the chat line, don't press enter, and then drag it to the hotkey bar. Right click, enter a name, and press enter.

To be really cool, type something like:

/die 2d6+2 Flaming Sword

Spyke

King Joey
May 19th, 2010, 05:57
Excellent! Thanks yet again for the tip. Now for something a bit tougher (maybe); the GCA puts all my skill and equipment in alphabetical order, and the FGII character sheet doesn't seem to allow dragging and dropping to reorder them. Is there a way to get, for example, all my guns listed together in my inventory, or all my computer software, or all my ammo, etc.?

marcus_egan
May 20th, 2010, 08:57
you da man Spyke!