PDA

View Full Version : Hero System?

zpu
April 24th, 2010, 04:06
Does anyone use this? I was interested in Heroes 5th edition, I don't know much about the system itself other than Champions.

silvereagle72
September 23rd, 2010, 00:37
Used to play a LOT of champions. Haven't seen any online software for it, but I find myself wondering if FG can do it... Hmmm. *goes to searching*

Dayson
February 23rd, 2011, 03:51
Does anyone use this? I was interested in Heroes 5th edition, I don't know much about the system itself other than Champions.
It's in its 6th edition now, I would like to see a rules set here for fgII

silvereagle72
February 24th, 2011, 03:40
Haven't seen anything Im afraid.

tdewitt274
February 24th, 2011, 15:15
The character sheet shouldn't be too hard. It's the character creation that takes the most time (building powers).

The issue I could see is the Initiative. If the current system supports using the same character multiple times in the Combat Tracker, it shouldn't be too bad. You would mostly have to worry about held actions and aborts.

Aborts could be done with a condition (something like Immobilized, +3/+5 DCV) and then you would need to remove the condition before acting again. This would also work for maneuvers and powers.

Otherwise, it shouldn't be much different from the GURPS ruleset. Same die mechanics, low rolls, etc.

Just a few thoughts.

silvereagle72
February 25th, 2011, 01:33
The multiple instance you propose sounds like something that could work for th AD&D 2nd ED combat and tactics phases functionality... Anothr thing Ive been wanting. Dont have the time or knowhow to code it though. But good ideas.

tdewitt274
February 25th, 2011, 02:43
The multiple instance you propose sounds like something that could work for th AD&D 2nd ED combat and tactics phases functionality... Anothr thing Ive been wanting. Dont have the time or knowhow to code it though. But good ideas.
Makes me wonder if the OSRIC or 2e extentions handle this?

Dayson
February 28th, 2011, 01:42
I have been reading the rule books. There is alot to code. I doubt that someone would have the time to take this project on. What a shame, the system is good.

silvereagle72
January 16th, 2012, 23:30
Any updates from anyone?

Blackfoot
January 17th, 2012, 00:44
It's in its 6th edition now, I would like to see a rules set here for fgII
They really butchered the rules in 6th edition. It's a whole different game now.

Blackfoot
November 14th, 2013, 17:29
Some notes on this project can be found here:
HERO System/Champions Ruleset Notes and Screenshots (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?18428-Hero-System&highlight=hero+system)

Blackfoot
December 29th, 2013, 17:33
Updates on this project can be found here now:
HERO System/Champions Ruleset Info and Screenshots (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20112-Champions-HERO-System-Ruleset-FG-3-0)