PDA

View Full Version : More Skins for BRP

Oberoten
April 23rd, 2010, 10:15
While waiting for Amy's Steampunk ruleset I started working on a nice little Sci-fi / Space opera thing suitable for Aliens or maybe even Fallout and Mechwarrior campaigns.

It isn't done yet I want to rework the icons inside the ruleset all the way through but this is how it looks for now.

Great care was taken so it unlike previous sets I have made won't be too cumbersome on the transfer and to make sure it'll still fit for modern wide-screen monitors.

Oberoten
April 23rd, 2010, 10:16
If anyone has an idea for a suitable icon for your own notes it'd be aprechiated. Maybe a hard-drive or some kind of SF version of a SD-chip?

- Obe

Kalan
April 23rd, 2010, 10:31
Ok...here's a question for the BRP gurus...

How hard would it be to play the old Chaosium version of Hawkmoon using BRP? How much work would it be to create an extension if needed?

peterb
April 23rd, 2010, 13:00

How hard would it be to play the old Chaosium version of Hawkmoon using BRP? How much work would it be to create an extension if needed?

Dead simple I would say. The Hawkmoon rules set can be reconstructed with the toolset that the BRP book provides, and the BRP ruleset can, as Foen mentioned up thread, with ease be modified to support any Chaosium game that the BRP book supports.

EDIT: Giving it some more thought, there is one thing that might need some more work and that is random AP values. If you want to automate random AP you would need to add a dice field (similar to the damage bonus field) for the AP.

Oberoten
April 23rd, 2010, 21:08
Tried something different from the classical buttons on PC's etc...

Flip-switches gives a whole different taste. :)

Oberoten
April 23rd, 2010, 21:46
More Switches.

... now just to figure out how to make the portrait chooser look.

- Obe

Oberoten
April 23rd, 2010, 21:48
And how it looks on the GM-side.

Foen
April 24th, 2010, 06:24

Just as peterb says :)